Estimating semi-parametric output distance functions with neural-based reduced form equations using LIML
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2009.
"The Luenberger productivity indicator: An economic specification leading to infeasibilities,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 597-600, May.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2008. "The Luenberger Productivity Indicator: An Economic Specifcation Leading to Infeasibilities," Working Papers 2008-ECO-09, IESEG School of Management.
- Walter Briec & K. Kerstens, 2009. "The Luenberger Productivity Indicator: An Economic Specification Leading to Infeasibilities," Post-Print hal-00372482, HAL.
- O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Coelli, Timothy J., 2005.
"A Bayesian approach to imposing curvature on distance functions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 493-523, June.
- Tim J. Coelli & Chris O'Donnell, 2003. "A Bayesian Approach To Imposing Curvature On Distance Functions," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2005. "Measuring technical and allocative inefficiency in the translog cost system: a Bayesian approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 355-384, June.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Fritsch, Michael & Stephan, Andreas, 2008.
"Allocative efficiency measurement revisited--Do we really need input prices?,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1093-1109, September.
- Oleg Badunenko & Michael Fritsch & Andreas Stephan, 2006. "Allocative Efficiency Measurement Revisited: Do We Really Need Input Prices?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 591, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Fritsch, Michael & Stephan, Andreas, 2006. "Allocative efficiency measurement revisited: do we really need input prices?," Freiberg Working Papers 2006,04, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Fritsch, Michael & Stephan, Andreas, 2006. "Allocative efficiency measurement revisited: Do we really need input prices?," Working Paper Series 2006,7, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), The Postgraduate Research Programme Capital Markets and Finance in the Enlarged Europe.
- Hutchinson, James M & Lo, Andrew W & Poggio, Tomaso, 1994.
" A Nonparametric Approach to Pricing and Hedging Derivative Securities via Learning Networks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 851-889, July.
- James M. Hutchinson & Andrew W. Lo & Tomaso Poggio, 1994. "A Nonparametric Approach to Pricing and Hedging Derivative Securities Via Learning Networks," NBER Working Papers 4718, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grosskopf, S. & Margaritis, D. & Valdmanis, V., 1995. "Estimating output substitutability of hospital services: A distance function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 575-587, February.
- Bernhard Brümmer & Thomas Glauben & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Decomposition of Productivity Growth Using Distance Functions: The Case of Dairy Farms in Three European Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 628-644.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2006. "Estimation of stochastic frontier production functions with input-oriented technical efficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 71-96, July.
- Kaparakis, Emmanuel I & Miller, Stephen M & Noulas, Athanasios G, 1994. "Short-Run Cost Inefficiency of Commercial Banks: A Flexible Stochastic Frontier Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 875-893, November.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2002.
"Stochastic frontier models with random coefficients,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 127-147.
- Tsionas, E.G., 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Models with Random Coefficients," DEOS Working Papers 130, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Tsionas, E.G., 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Models with Random Coefficients," Athens University of Economics and Business 130, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Briec, Walter & Cadoret, Isablelle & Tavera, Christophe, 2006.
"A re-examination of the technological catching-up hypothesis across OECD industries,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 967-977, December.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Walter Briec & Isabelle Cadoret-David & Christophe Tavéra, 2006. "A re-examination of the technological catching-up hypothesis across OECD industries," Post-Print halshs-00095072, HAL.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2004. "Markov switching stochastic frontier model," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(2), pages 398-425, December.
- Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman, 2000. "Technical efficiency of European railways: a distance function approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(15), pages 1967-1976.
- Tim Hill & Marcus O'Connor & William Remus, 1996. "Neural Network Models for Time Series Forecasts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(7), pages 1082-1092, July.
- Daniel Santin & Francisco Delgado & Aurelia Valino, 2004. "The measurement of technical efficiency: a neural network approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 627-635.
- Fleissig, Adrian R. & Kastens, Terry & Terrell, Dek, 2000. "Evaluating the semi-nonparametric fourier, aim, and neural networks cost functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 235-244, September.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Kumar, Surender, 2009. "Trade-induced technological change: Analyzing economic and environmental outcomes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 721-732, May.
- Rezitis, Anthony N., 2008. "Efficiency and productivity effects of bank mergers: Evidence from the Greek banking industry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 236-254, March.
- Coelli, Tim & Perelman, Sergio, 1999. "A comparison of parametric and non-parametric distance functions: With application to European railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 326-339, September.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2005. "The Joint Measurement of Technical and Allocative Inefficiencies: An Application of Bayesian Inference in Nonlinear Random-Effects Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 736-747, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liao, Jui-Jung & Shih, Ching-Hui & Chen, Tai-Feng & Hsu, Ming-Fu, 2014. "An ensemble-based model for two-class imbalanced financial problem," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 175-183.
More about this item
KeywordsOutput distance function Translog Technical efficiency ANN LIML;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:27:y:2010:i:3:p:697-704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.