Trade-induced technological change: Analyzing economic and environmental outcomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker than Others?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1998. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?"," Working Papers 98007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?," NBER Working Papers 6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ehsan U. Choudhri & Dalia S. Hakura, 2000.
"International Trade and Productivity Growth: Exploring the Sectoral Effects for Developing Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(1), pages 1-2.
- Ehsan U. Choudhri & Dalia S Hakura, 2000. "International Trade and Productivity Growth; Exploring the Sectoral Effects for Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 00/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Dorfman, Jeffrey H., 2005. "Bayesian measurement of productivity and efficiency in the presence of undesirable outputs: crediting electric utilities for reducing air pollution," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 445-468, June.
- Guironnet, J.-P. & Peypoch, N., 2007. "Human capital allocation and overeducation: A measure of French productivity (1987, 1999)," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 398-410, May.
- Kumar, Surender, 2006. "Environmentally sensitive productivity growth: A global analysis using Malmquist-Luenberger index," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 280-293, February.
- Werner Antweiler & Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 2001. "Is Free Trade Good for the Environment?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 877-908, September.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2002. "Directed Technical Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(4), pages 781-809.
- Murty, Sushama & Russell, R. Robert, 2010.
"On modeling pollution-generating technologies,"
Economic Research Papers
271176, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Sushama Murty & R. Robert Russell & Steven B. Levkoff, 2011. "On modeling pollution-generating technologies," Discussion Papers 1101, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Murty, Sushama & Russell, R. Robert, 2010. "On modeling pollution-generating technologies," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 931, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Arik Levinson & M. Scott Taylor, 2008. "Unmasking The Pollution Haven Effect," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(1), pages 223-254, February.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Noh, Dong-Woon & Weber, William, 2005. "Characteristics of a polluting technology: theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 469-492, June.
- Greene, William H., 1990. "A Gamma-distributed stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 141-163.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Jena, Pradyot Ranjan, 2008. "Environmental productivity and Kuznets curve in India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 432-440, April.
- Tybout, James R, 1992. "Linking Trade and Productivity: New Research Directions," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 189-211, May.
- Subodh Kumar & R. Robert Russell, 2002. "Technological Change, Technological Catch-up, and Capital Deepening: Relative Contributions to Growth and Convergence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 527-548, June.
- Boussemart, Jean-Philippe & Briec, Walter & Cadoret, Isablelle & Tavera, Christophe, 2006.
"A re-examination of the technological catching-up hypothesis across OECD industries,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 967-977, December.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Walter Briec & Isabelle Cadoret-David & Christophe Tavéra, 2006. "A re-examination of the technological catching-up hypothesis across OECD industries," Post-Print halshs-00095072, HAL.
- David Popp, 2002. "Induced Innovation and Energy Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 160-180, March.
- Shunsuke Managi & SJames J. Opaluch & Di Jin & Thomas A. Grigalunas, 2005. "Environmental Regulations and Technological Change in the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(2).
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 2005.
"Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment? Sorting Out the Causality,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 85-91, February.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 2002. "Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment? Sorting Out the Causality," NBER Working Papers 9201, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Rose, Andrew K., 2003. "Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment? Sorting Out the Causality," Working Paper Series rwp03-038, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Gollop, Frank M & Roberts, Mark J, 1983.
"Environmental Regulations and Productivity Growth: The Case of Fossil-Fueled Electric Power Generation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 654-674, August.
- Frank M. Gollop & Mark J. Roberts, 1982. "Environmental Regulations and Productivity Growth: The Case of Fossil-Fueled Electric Power Generation," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 114, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Havrylyshyn, Oli, 1990. "Trade Policy and Productivity Gains in Developing Countries: A Survey of the Literature," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995. "Political economy of trade policy," Handbook of International Economics, in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1457-1494, Elsevier.
- Stijn Reinhard & C.A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 1999. "Econometric Estimation of Technical and Environmental Efficiency: An Application to Dutch Dairy Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 44-60.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Gary Koop, 1998. "Carbon dioxide emissions and economic growth: A structural approach," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 489-515.
- Pittman, Russell W, 1983. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons with Undesirable Outputs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 883-891, December.
- Luis Orea, 2002. "Parametric Decomposition of a Generalized Malmquist Productivity Index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 5-22, July.
- A Oude Lansink & E Silva & S Stefanou, 2000. "Decomposing productivity growth allowing efficiency gains and price-induced technical progress," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 497-518, December.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Opaluch, James J. & Jin, Di & Grigalunas, Thomas A., 2004. "Technological change and depletion in offshore oil and gas," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 388-409, March.
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J. R., 2003. "Determining the trade-environment composition effect: the role of capital, labor and environmental regulations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 363-383, November.
- Golombek Rolf & Hoel Michael, 2004. "Unilateral Emission Reductions and Cross-Country Technology Spillovers," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-27, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicole A. MATHYS & Jaime DE MELO, 2010. "Trade and Climate Change: The Challenges Ahead," Working Papers P14, FERDI.
- Debashis Chakraborty & Sacchidananda Mukherjee, 2013. "Do Trade and Investment Flows Lead to Higher CO2 Emissions? Some Panel Estimation Results," Working Papers 1321, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
- Chang, Chun-Ping & Dong, Minyi & Liu, Jiliang, 2019. "Environmental Governance and Environmental Performance," ADBI Working Papers 936, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Productivity assessment of Angola's oil blocks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2009-2015.
- Meng, Ming & Niu, Dongxiao, 2012. "Three-dimensional decomposition models for carbon productivity," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 179-187.
- Leite, Duarte N. & Afonso, Óscar & Silva, Sandra T., 2019. "A tale of two countries: Directed technical change, trade and migratory movements," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 173-194.
- Zhang, Ning & Wang, Bing, 2015. "A deterministic parametric metafrontier Luenberger indicator for measuring environmentally-sensitive productivity growth: A Korean fossil-fuel power case," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 88-98.
- Le, Thai-Ha & Chang, Youngho & Park, Donghyun, 2016. "Trade openness and environmental quality: International evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 45-55.
- Surender Kumar & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2014. "Substitute or complement? Assessing renewable and non-renewable energy in OCED countries," Working Papers SDES-2014-8, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Oct 2014.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Energy price-induced and exogenous technological change: Assessing the economic and environmental outcomes," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 334-353, November.
- Mona Haddad & Ben Shepherd, 2011. "Managing Openness : Trade and Outward-oriented Growth After the Crisis," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2283.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:16:y:2010:i:4:p:410-418 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Boulatoff & Michael Jenkins, 2010. "Long-term Nexus Between Openness, Income, and Environmental Quality," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 16(4), pages 410-418, November.
- Surender Kumar & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2015. "Substitute or complement? Assessing renewable and nonrenewable energy in OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(14), pages 1438-1459, March.
- Vouldis, Angelos T. & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2010. "Estimating semi-parametric output distance functions with neural-based reduced form equations using LIML," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 697-704, May.
- Helen Tammela Naughton, 2010. "Globalization and Emissions in Europe," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 7(2), pages 503-519, December.
- Puspaning Buanawaty & Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2017. "The Impact of Kyoto Protocol on Environment Quality in the Free Trade Era: Case of G20 Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(3), pages 36-42.
- Managi, Shunsuke, 2012. "Trade, economic growth and environment," IDE Discussion Papers 342, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Regulation, pollution and heterogeneity in Japanese steam power generation companies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3109-3114, August.
- Yung-Hsiang Lu & Ku-Hsieh Chen & Jen-Chi Cheng & Chih-Chun Chen & Sian-Yuan Li, 2019. "Analysis of Environmental Productivity on Fossil Fuel Power Plants in the U.S," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-27, December.
- Yu-Ying Lin, Eugene & Chen, Ping-Yu & Chen, Chi-Chung, 2013. "Measuring green productivity of country: A generlized metafrontier Malmquist productivity index approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 340-353.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade-induced technological change Exogenous technological change Environmental effects Total factor productivity Directional distance function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:26:y:2009:i:3:p:721-732. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.