Sulfur dioxide allowances: Trading and technological progress
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Considine, Timothy J. & Larson, Donald F., 2006. "The environment as a factor of production," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 645-662, November.
- Burtraw, Dallas, 2000. "Innovation Under the Tradable Sulfur Dioxide Emission Permits Program in the U.S. Electricity Sector," Discussion Papers 10599, Resources for the Future.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Kaneko, Shinji, 2009. "Environmental performance and returns to pollution abatement in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1643-1651, April.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1974.
"The Measurement of Technical Change Biases with Many Factors of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 964-976, December.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1973. "The Measurement Of Technical Change Biases With Many Factors Of Production," Staff Papers 14205, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Kumar, Surender, 2006. "Environmentally sensitive productivity growth: A global analysis using Malmquist-Luenberger index," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 280-293, February.
- Curtis Carlson & Dallas Burtraw & Maureen Cropper & Karen L. Palmer, 2000.
"Sulfur Dioxide Control by Electric Utilities: What Are the Gains from Trade?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1292-1326, December.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Cropper, Maureen & Carlson, Curtis, 1998. "Sulfur-Dioxide Control By Electric Utilities: What Are the Gains from Trade?," Discussion Papers dp-98-44-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Carlson, Curtis & Burtraw, Dallas & Cropper, Maureen & Palmer, Karen L., 1998. "Sulfur dioxide control by electric utilities : what are the gains from trade?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1966, The World Bank.
- Carlson, Curtis & Burtraw, Dallas & Cropper, Maureen L. & Palmer, Karen L., 2000. "Sulfur Dioxide Control by Electric Utilities: What Are the Gains from Trade?," Discussion Papers 10790, Resources for the Future.
- Jaffe, Adam B. & Newell, Richard G. & Stavins, Robert N., 2003. "Chapter 11 Technological change and the environment," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 461-516, Elsevier.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Noh, Dong-Woon & Weber, William, 2005. "Characteristics of a polluting technology: theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 469-492, June.
- John Swinton, 2004. "Phase I Completed: An Empirical Assessment of the 1990 CAAA," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 27(3), pages 227-246, March.
- Bellas, Allen S., 1998. "Empirical evidence of advances in scrubber technology," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 327-343, December.
- Ian Lange & Allen Bellas, 2005. "Technological Change for Sulfur Dioxide Scrubbers under Market-Based Regulation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(4).
- Charles D. Kolstad & Michelle H. L. Turnovsky, 1998. "Cost Functions And Nonlinear Prices: Estimating A Technology With Quality-Differentiated Inputs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(3), pages 444-453, August.
- Ellerman,A. Denny & Joskow,Paul L. & Schmalensee,Richard & Montero,Juan-Pablo & Bailey,Elizabeth M., 2005. "Markets for Clean Air," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521023894, March.
- Shunsuke Managi & SJames J. Opaluch & Di Jin & Thomas A. Grigalunas, 2005. "Environmental Regulations and Technological Change in the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(2).
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Yaisawarng, Suthathip & Klein, J Douglass, 1994. "The Effects of Sulfur Dioxide Controls on Productivity Change in the U.S. Electric Power Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 447-460, August.
- Gollop, Frank M & Roberts, Mark J, 1983.
"Environmental Regulations and Productivity Growth: The Case of Fossil-Fueled Electric Power Generation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 654-674, August.
- Frank M. Gollop & Mark J. Roberts, 1982. "Environmental Regulations and Productivity Growth: The Case of Fossil-Fueled Electric Power Generation," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 114, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Pinar Celikkol & Spiro Stefanou, 1999. "Measuring the Impact of Price-Induced Innovation on Technological Progress: Application to the U.S. Food Processing and Distribution Sector," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 135-151, September.
- Atakelty Hailu & Terrence S. Veeman, 2001. "Non-parametric Productivity Analysis with Undesirable Outputs: An Application to the Canadian Pulp and Paper Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 605-616.
- Akao, Ken-Ichi & Managi, Shunsuke, 2007. "Feasibility and optimality of sustainable growth under materials balance," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3778-3790, December.
- Quirino Paris & Michael R. Caputo, 2001. "Price-induced technical progress and comparative statics," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(8), pages 1-8.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Palmer, Karen & Krupnick, Alan & Evans, David & Toth, Russell, 2005. "Economics of Pollution Trading for SO2 and NOx," Discussion Papers dp-05-05, Resources For the Future.
- Luis Orea, 2002. "Parametric Decomposition of a Generalized Malmquist Productivity Index," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 5-22, July.
- Requate, Till, 2005. "Dynamic incentives by environmental policy instruments--a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 175-195, August.
- van Soest, Daan P., 2005. "The impact of environmental policy instruments on the timing of adoption of energy-saving technologies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 235-247, October.
- David Popp, 2003. "Pollution control innovations and the Clean Air Act of 1990," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 641-660.
- A Oude Lansink & E Silva & S Stefanou, 2000. "Decomposing productivity growth allowing efficiency gains and price-induced technical progress," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 497-518, December.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Energy price-induced and exogenous technological change: Assessing the economic and environmental outcomes," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 334-353, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke & Jain, Rakesh Kumar, 2020.
"CO2 mitigation policy for Indian thermal power sector: Potential gains from emission trading,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C).
- Surender Kumar & Shunsuke Managi & Rakesh Kumar Jain, 2019. "CO2 Mitigation Policy for Indian Thermal Power Sector-Potential Gains from Emission Trading," Working papers 302, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Yongrok Choi & Hyoung Seok Lee, 2016. "Are Emissions Trading Policies Sustainable? A Study of the Petrochemical Industry in Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-13, October.
- Rakesh Kumar Jain & Surender Kumar, 2018.
"Shadow price of CO2 emissions in Indian thermal power sector,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 20(4), pages 879-902, October.
- Surender Kumar & Rakesh Kumar Jain, 2018. "Shadow Price of CO 2 Emissions in Indian Thermal Power Sector," Working Papers id:12791, eSocialSciences.
- Rakesh Kumar Jain & Surender Kumar, 2018. "Shadow Price of CO2 Emissions in Indian Thermal Power Sector," Working papers 287, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Silva, F.D.F. & Fulginiti, L. & Perrin, R., 2018. "Agricultural productivity and forest preservation in the Brazilian Amazon," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277167, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- DechezleprÃªtre, Antoine & Kozluk, Tomasz & Kruse, Tobias & Nachtigall, Daniel & de Serres, Alain, 2019.
"Do Environmental and Economic Performance Go Together? A Review of Micro-level Empirical Evidence from the Past Decade or So,"
International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics,
now publishers, vol. 13(1-2), pages 1-118, April.
- Dechezleprêtre, Antoine & Koźluk, Tomasz & Kruse, Tobias & Nachtigall, Daniel & De Serres, Alain, 2019. "Do environmental and economic performance go together? A review of micro-level empirical evidence from the past decade or so," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 100900, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- George Halkos & Shunsuke Managi & Kyriaki Tsilika, 2018. "Measuring air polluters’ responsibility in transboundary pollution networks," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 20(3), pages 619-639, July.
- Ajay K. Dhamija & Surendra S. Yadav & PK Jain, 2018. "Volatility spillover of energy markets into EUA markets under EU ETS: a multi-phase study," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 20(3), pages 561-591, July.
- Grover, David, 2013. "The ‘advancedness’ of knowledge in pollution-saving technological change with a qualitative application to SO2 cap and trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 123-134.
- Vivek Ghosal & Andreas Stephan & Jan F. Weiss, 2018. "Decentralized Environmental Regulations and Plant-Level Productivity," CESifo Working Paper Series 7255, CESifo.
- George Halkos & Aksel Sundström & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2015. "Regional environmental performance and governance quality: a nonparametric analysis," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 17(4), pages 621-644, October.
- Eucabeth Majiwa & Boon L. Lee & Clevo Wilson, 2018. "Increasing agricultural productivity while reducing greenhouse gas emissions in subâ€ Saharan Africa: myth or reality?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(2), pages 183-192, March.
- Long, Xingle & Wu, Chao & Zhang, Jijian & Zhang, Jing, 2018. "Environmental efficiency for 192 thermal power plants in the Yangtze River Delta considering heterogeneity: A metafrontier directional slacks-based measure approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 82(P3), pages 3962-3971.
- Olafsson, Snjolfur & Cook, David & Davidsdottir, Brynhildur & Johannsdottir, Lara, 2014. "Measuring countries׳ environmental sustainability performance – A review and case study of Iceland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 934-948.
- Yongrok Choi & Hyoung Seok Lee & Ahmed Mastur, 2019. "Are Sustainable Development Policies Really Feasible? Focused on the Petrochemical Industry in Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(14), pages 1-17, July.
- Vivek Ghosal & Andreas Stephan & Jan F. Weiss, 2019.
"Decentralized environmental regulations and plant‐level productivity,"
Business Strategy and the Environment,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(6), pages 998-1011, September.
- Vivek Ghosal & Andreas Stephan & Jan F. Weiss, 2018. "Decentralized Environmental Regulations and Plant-Level Productivity," CESifo Working Paper Series 7255, CESifo Group Munich.
- Martini, Gianmaria & Manello, Alessandro & Scotti, Davide, 2013. "The influence of fleet mix, ownership and LCCs on airports’ technical/environmental efficiency," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 37-52.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Shunsuke Managi & Yuichiro Yoshida, 2010. "Technical Efficiency, Regulation And Heterogeneity In Japanese Airports," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 685-696, December.
- Wang, H. & Zhou, P. & Zhou, D.Q., 2013. "Scenario-based energy efficiency and productivity in China: A non-radial directional distance function analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 795-803.
- Yung-Hsiang Lu & Ku-Hsieh Chen & Jen-Chi Cheng & Chih-Chun Chen & Sian-Yuan Li, 2019. "Analysis of Environmental Productivity on Fossil Fuel Power Plants in the U.S," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-27, December.
- David Grover, 2012. "The �advancedness� of knowledge in pollutionsaving technological change with a qualitative application to SO2 cap and trade," GRI Working Papers 100, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Wang, Xu & Zhang, Xiao-Bing & Zhu, Lei, 2019. "Imperfect market, emissions trading scheme, and technology adoption: A case study of an energy-intensive sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 142-158.
- Juan Aparicio & Javier Barbero & Magdalena Kapelko & Jesus T. Pastor & Jose L. Zofio, 2016. "Environmental Productivity Change in World Air Emissions: A new Malmquist-Luenberger Index Approach," JRC Working Papers JRC104083, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsSulfur dioxide allowances trading Technological progress Environmental policy Distance function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:69:y:2010:i:3:p:623-631. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.