Stochastic frontier analysis of total factor productivity in the offshore oil and gas industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Winston Harrington & Richard D. Morgenstern & Peter Nelson, 2000. "On the accuracy of regulatory cost estimates," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 297-322.
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Hulten, Charles R., 1986. "Productivity change, capacity utilization, and the sources of efficiency growth," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 31-50.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Deacon Robert T., 1993. "Taxation, Depletion, and Welfare: A Simulation Study of the U.S. Petroleum Resource," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 159-187, March.
- Kenneth R. Stollery, 1985. "Environmental Controls in Extractive Industries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 136-144.
- Shunsuke Managi & SJames J. Opaluch & Di Jin & Thomas A. Grigalunas, 2005. "Environmental Regulations and Technological Change in the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(2).
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Livernois, John R & Uhler, Russell S, 1987. "Extraction Costs and the Economics of Nonrenewable Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 195-203, February.
- Diewert, W Erwin, 1978. "Superlative Index Numbers and Consistency in Aggregation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 883-900, July.
- Gollop, Frank M & Roberts, Mark J, 1983.
"Environmental Regulations and Productivity Growth: The Case of Fossil-Fueled Electric Power Generation,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 654-674, August.
- Frank M. Gollop & Mark J. Roberts, 1982. "Environmental Regulations and Productivity Growth: The Case of Fossil-Fueled Electric Power Generation," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 114, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lothgren, Mickael, 1997. "Generalized stochastic frontier production models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 255-259, December.
- Morgenstern, Richard & Harrington, Winston & Nelson, Per-Kristian, 1999. "On the Accuracy of Regulatory Cost Estimates," Discussion Papers dp-99-18, Resources For the Future.
- Greene, William H, 1981. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error: Comment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 795-798, May.
- Marie N. Fagan, 1997. "Resource Depletion and Technical Change: Effects on U.S. Crude Oil Finding Costs from 1977 to 1994," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 91-105.
- Cutler J. Cleveland & Robert K. Kaufmann, 1997. "Natural Gas in the U.S.: How Far Can Technology Stretch the Resource Base?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 89-108.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Opaluch, James J. & Jin, Di & Grigalunas, Thomas A., 2005. "Technological change and petroleum exploration in the Gulf of Mexico," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 619-632, March.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications (I): The Theory of Production," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 1, number fuss1978.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, April.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1978. "The Optimal Exploration and Production of Nonrenewable Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 841-861, October.
- Stijn Reinhard & C. A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Analysis of Environmental Efficiency Variation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1054-1065.
- Barbera, Anthony J. & McConnell, Virginia D., 1990. "The impact of environmental regulations on industry productivity: Direct and indirect effects," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 50-65, January.
- Diewert, W E, 1992. "The Measurement of Productivity," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 163-198, July.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Opaluch, James J. & Jin, Di & Grigalunas, Thomas A., 2004. "Technological change and depletion in offshore oil and gas," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 388-409, March.
- Mitch Kunce & Shelby Gerking & William Morgan, 2004. "Environmental and Land Use Regulation in Nonrenewable Resource Industries: Implications from the Wyoming Checkerboard," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(1), pages 76-94.
- Di Jin & DThomas A. Grigalunas, 1993. "Environmental Compliance and Energy Exploration and Production: Application to Offshore Oil and Gas," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(1), pages 82-97.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Assaf, A. George & Barros, Carlos Pestana & Managi, Shunsuke, 2011. "Cost efficiency of Japanese steam power generation companies: A Bayesian comparison of random and fixed frontier models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1441-1446, April.
- Xueqing Wang & Yuan Chen & Bingsheng Liu & Yinghua Shen & Hui Sun, 2013. "A total factor productivity measure for the construction industry and analysis of its spatial difference: a case study in China," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(10), pages 1059-1071, October.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Chen, Zhongfei & Managi, Shunsuke & Antunes, Olinda Sequeira, 2013. "Examining the cost efficiency of Chinese hydroelectric companies using a finite mixture model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 511-517.
- Henningsen, Arne & Bělín, Matěj & Henningsen, Géraldine, 2017.
"New insights into the stochastic ray production frontier,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 18-21.
- Arne Henningsen & Matěj Bělín & Géraldine Henningsen, 2017. "New insights into the stochastic ray production frontier," IFRO Working Paper 2017/01, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Garcia Suarez, F. & Quesada, G. Perez & Molina Ricetto, C., 2018. "Rangeland cattle production in Uruguay: single-output versus multi-output efficiency measures," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277178, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kortelainen, Mika, 2008. "Estimation of semiparametric stochastic frontiers under shape constraints with application to pollution generating technologies," MPRA Paper 9257, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barros, C.P. & Assaf, A., 2009. "Bootstrapped efficiency measures of oil blocks in Angola," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 4098-4103, October.
- Gerardo Antonio Buchelli Lozano & Jhon Jairo Marín Restrepo, 2012. "Estimación de la eficiencia del sector metalmecánico en colombia: análisis de frontera estocástica," Revista Cuadernos de Economía, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID, December.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Kaneko, Shinji, 2009. "Environmental performance and returns to pollution abatement in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1643-1651, April.
- Chen, Zhongfei & Barros, Carlos Pestana & Borges, Maria Rosa, 2015. "A Bayesian stochastic frontier analysis of Chinese fossil-fuel electricity generation companies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 136-144.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Shunsuke Managi & Yuichiro Yoshida, 2010. "Technical Efficiency, Regulation And Heterogeneity In Japanese Airports," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 685-696, December.
- Gong, Binlei, 2018. "Different behaviors in natural gas production between national and private oil companies: Economics-driven or environment-driven?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 145-152.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Energy price-induced and exogenous technological change: Assessing the economic and environmental outcomes," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 334-353, November.
- John E. Tilton, 2013. "Cyclical and Secular Determinants of Productivity in the Copper, Aluminum, Iron Ore, and Coal Industries," Working Papers 2013-11, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Makridou, Georgia & Andriosopoulos, Kostas & Doumpos, Michael & Zopounidis, Constantin, 2016. "Measuring the efficiency of energy-intensive industries across European countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 573-583.
- Niquidet, Kurt & Nelson, Harry, 2010. "Sawmill production in the interior of British Columbia: A stochastic ray frontier approach," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 257-267, December.
- Osmundsen, Petter & Roll, Kristin Helen & Tveteras, Ragnar, 2012. "Drilling speed—the relevance of experience," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 786-794.
- Pestana Barros, Carlos & Sequeira Antunes, Olinda, 2011. "Performance assessment of Portuguese wind farms: Ownership and managerial efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3055-3063, June.
- Menegaki, Angeliki N., 2013. "Accounting for unobserved management in renewable energy & growth," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 345-355.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Regulation, pollution and heterogeneity in Japanese steam power generation companies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3109-3114, August.
- Nitin Gupta, 2012. "The Evolution of Manufacturing Efficiency: Evidence from Indian States," ASARC Working Papers 2012-13, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Song, Malin & Peng, Jun & Wang, Jianlin & Zhao, Jiajia, 2018. "Environmental efficiency and economic growth of China: A Ray slack-based model analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 269(1), pages 51-63.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:60:y:2006:i:1:p:204-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.