A re-examination of the technological catching-up hypothesis across OECD industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Walter Briec & Isabelle Cadoret-David & Christophe Tavéra, 2006. "A re-examination of the technological catching-up hypothesis across OECD industries," Post-Print halshs-00095072, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick T. Hultberg & M. Ishaq Nadiri & Robin C. Sickles, 1999. "An International Comparison of Technology Adoption and Efficiency: A Dynamic Panel Model," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 55-56, pages 449-474.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Jones, Charles I, 1996.
"Productivity across Industries and Countries: Time Series Theory and Evidence,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 135-146, February.
- Bernard, A.B. & Jones, C.I., 1993. "Productivity Across Industries and Countries: Time Series Theory and Evidence," Working papers 93-17, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Taskin, Fatma & Zaim, Osman, 1997. "Catching-up and innovation in high- and low-income countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 93-100, January.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Gouyette, Claudine & Perelman, Sergio, 1997. "Productivity convergence in OECD service industries," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 279-295, August.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Jones, Charles I, 1996. "Comparing Apples to Oranges: Productivity Convergence and Measurement across Industries and Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1216-1238, December.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1999:i:55-56:p:18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- David Dollar & Edward N. Wolff, 1993. "Competitiveness, Convergence, and International Specialization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262041359, July.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Upadhyay, Mukti P., 2002. "Total factor productivity and the convergence hypothesis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 267-286, June.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1999:i:55-56 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nazrul Islam, 1995. "Growth Empirics: A Panel Data Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1127-1170.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vouldis, Angelos T. & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2010. "Estimating semi-parametric output distance functions with neural-based reduced form equations using LIML," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 697-704, May.
- Bos, J.W.B. & Economidou, C. & Koetter, M., 2010. "Technology clubs, R&D and growth patterns: Evidence from EU manufacturing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 60-79, January.
- Jaap W. B. Bos & Bertrand Candelon & Claire Economidou, 2016. "Does knowledge spill over across borders and technology regimes?," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 63-82, August.
- Autant-Bernard, Corinne & Guironnet, Jean-Pascal & Massard, Nadine, 2011.
"Agglomeration and social return to R&D: Evidence from French plant productivity changes,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 34-42, July.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Nadine Massard & Jean-Pascal Guironnet, 2011. "Agglomeration and social return to R&D: Evidence from French plant productivity changes," Post-Print halshs-00617707, HAL.
- Hugo Erken & Piet Donselaar & Roy Thurik, 0000.
"Total Factor Productivity and the Role of Entrepreneurship,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
09-034/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hugo Erken & Piet Donselaar & Roy Thurik, 2008. "Total factor productivity and the role of entrepreneurship," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-019, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Molinos-Senante, María & Maziotis, Alexandros & Sala-Garrido, Ramón, 2014. "The Luenberger productivity indicator in the water industry: An empirical analysis for England and Wales," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 18-28.
- Korap, Levent, 2010.
"OECD ülkeleri için ekonomik yakınsama öngörüsünün zaman serisi panel birim kök yöntemleri ile sınanması
[An essay upon testing economic convergence hypothesis with time series panel unit root metho," MPRA Paper 29644, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Selin Özyurt & Jean-Pascal Guironnet, 2011.
"Productivity, scale effect and technological catch-up in Chinese regions,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 64-80, June.
- Selin Özyurt & Jean-Pascal Guironnet, 2011. "Productivity, scale effect and technological catch-up in Chinese regions," Post-Print halshs-00657717, HAL.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Kumar, Surender, 2009. "Trade-induced technological change: Analyzing economic and environmental outcomes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 721-732, May.
- Vatthanamixay Chansomphou & Masaru Ichihashi, 2013. "Structural change, labor productivity growth, and convergence of BRIC countries," IDEC DP2 Series 3-5, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:23:y:2006:i:6:p:967-977. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .