Estimation of stochastic frontier production functions with input-oriented technical efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McFadden, Daniel & Ruud, Paul A, 1994. "Estimation by Simulation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 591-608, November.
- William Greene, 2003.
"Simulated Likelihood Estimation of the Normal-Gamma Stochastic Frontier Function,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 179-190, April.
- Greene, W.H., 2000. "Simulated Likelihood Estimation of the Normal-Gamma Stochastic Frontier Function," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 00-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- William H. Greene, 2000. "Simulated Likelihood Estimation of the Normal-Gamma Stochastic Frontier Function," Working Papers 00-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Álvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos & Kumbhakar, Subal, 2003. "Empirical Consequences of Direction Choice in Technical Efficiency Analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2003/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Ray,Subhash C., 2012. "Data Envelopment Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107405264.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Fare, Rolf & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1978. "Measuring the technical efficiency of production," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 150-162, October.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vouldis, Angelos T. & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2010. "Estimating semi-parametric output distance functions with neural-based reduced form equations using LIML," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 697-704, May.
- Boyd, Gale A. & Lee, Jonathan M., 2019.
"Measuring plant level energy efficiency and technical change in the U.S. metal-based durable manufacturing sector using stochastic frontier analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 159-174.
- Gale Boyd & Jonathan M. Lee, 2016. "Measuring Plant Level Energy Efficiency and Technical Change in the U.S. Metal-Based Durable Manufacturing Sector Using Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Working Papers 16-52, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Wisdom Akpalu & Richard Vogel & Xu Zhang, 2012. "The Rate Of Time Preference, Seat Location Choice And Student Performance In The Classroom," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 43(1), pages 33-45.
- Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Vouldis, Angelos T. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2010. "Globally flexible functional forms: The neural distance function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(2), pages 456-469, October.
- Swain, B.B., 2016. "Does Technological Linkage in Contract Farming Increase Farm Productivity and Efficiency? The Case of Hybrid Paddy Seed Cultivation in Undivided Andhra Pradesh," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 29(2).
- Assaf, A. George & Barros, Carlos & Sellers-Rubio, Ricardo, 2011. "Efficiency determinants in retail stores: a Bayesian framework," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 283-292, June.
- Tsionas, Mike G. & Izzeldin, Marwan, 2018. "A novel model of costly technical efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 268(2), pages 653-664.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Krishnan, Shagun, 2007. "Entry, reforms, complementarity and performance: A tale of two Indian manufacturing sectors," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 375-390, December.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2008. "Impact of Reforms on Plant-Level Productivity and Technical Efficiency: Evidence from the Indian Manufacturing Sector," IZA Discussion Papers 3347, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2010. "Is the post-reform growth of the Indian manufacturing sector efficiency driven? Empirical evidence from plant-level data," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 219-232, April.
- Ipatova, Irina & Peresetsky, Аnatoly, 2013. "Technical efficiency of Russian plastic and rubber production firms," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 32(4), pages 71-92.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:133:y:2006:i:1:p:71-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.