Note: Ranking DMUs with Infeasible Super-Efficiency DEA Models
It has been suggested in the data envelopment analysis (DEA) literature that it is impossible to obtain a full ranking of decision-making units (DMUs) when infeasible subproblems arise in the so-called super-efficiency DEA models under different returns to scale (RTS) assumptions other than constant returns to scale (CRS) andconsequently the application of the super-efficiency DEA models under different RTS conditions other than CRS should be restricted. The implications of the infeasibility in super-efficiency DEA models with respect to the efficiency ranking of the DMUs is explored. Based on the analysis, we show that it is still possible to obtain the full ranking of the entire observation set when infeasibilities arise in super-efficiency DEA models.
Volume (Year): 48 (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. J. Rousseau & J. H. Semple, 1995. "Two-Person Ratio Efficiency Games," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(3), pages 435-441, March.
- Zhu, Joe, 1996. "Robustness of the efficient DMUs in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 451-460, May.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:48:y:2002:i:5:p:705-710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.