A note on time preference and the Tobin Effect
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1993.
"Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
4486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto, 1996. "Income distribution, political instability, and investment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1203-1228, June.
- Andrés J. Marchante & Bienvenido Ortega & Francisco Trujillo, 2001. "articles: Regional differences in personal saving rates in Spain," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(4), pages 465-482.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Frenkel, Jacob A, 1973. "Inflation and Growth: Alternative Approaches," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 141-156, Part I Fe.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1991.
"Distributive Politics and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shaghil Ahmed & John H. Rogers, 1998.
"Inflation and the great ratios: long-term evidence from the U.S,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
628, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ahmed, Shaghil & Rogers, John H., 2000. "Inflation and the great ratios: Long term evidence from the U.S," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 3-35, February.
- Perotti, Roberto & Alesina, Alberto, 1996. "Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment," Scholarly Articles 4553018, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David K. H. Begg, 1980. "Rational Expectations and the Non-neutrality of Systematic Monetary Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(2), pages 293-303.
- Woodward, G Thomas, 1992. "Evidence of the Fisher Effect from U.K. Indexed Bonds," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 315-320, May.
- Persson, Torsten & Tabellini, Guido, 1994.
"Is Inequality Harmful for Growth?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 600-621, June.
- Keshab Shrestha & Sheng-Syan Chen & Cheng-few Lee, 2002. "Are Expected Inflation Rates and Expected Real Rates Negatively Correlated? A Long-Run Test of the Mundell-Tobin Hypothesis," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 25(3), pages 305-320.
- Perotti, Roberto, 1996. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Democracy: What the Data Say," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 149-187, June.
- David Laidler, 1969. "Money, Wealth and Time Preference in a Stationary Economy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 2(4), pages 526-535, November.
- Torsten Persson & Lars E.O. Svensson, 1983.
"Current Account Dynamics and the Terms of Trade: Harberger-Laursen-Metzler Two Generations Later,"
NBER Working Papers
1129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Persson, Torsten & Svensson, Lars E O, 1985. "Current Account Dynamics and the Terms of Trade: Harberger-Laursen-Metzler Two Generations Later," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 43-65, February.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1996. "Why are Latin America's savings rates so low? An international comparative analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 5-44, October.
- Robert Mundell, 1963. "Inflation and Real Interest," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 280-280.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:89:y:2005:i:1:p:127-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.