Seemingly unrelated nonparametric models with positive correlation and constrained error variances
A new estimation is proposed for seemingly unrelated nonparametric regression models where variance of disturbance in an equation is larger than that in the preceding equation, and all of the correlation coefficients between the disturbances across the equations are positive.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ng, Vee Ming, 2002. "Robust Bayesian Inference for Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with Elliptical Errors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 409-414, November.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1975. "Seemingly unrelated nonlinear regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 35-50, February.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., 1998.
"Nonparametric Seemingly Unrelated Regression,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
7/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Kurata, Hiroshi, 1999. "On the Efficiencies of Several Generalized Least Squares Estimators in a Seemingly Unrelated Regression Model and a Heteroscedastic Model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 86-94, July.
- Mandy, David M. & Martins-Filho, Carlos, 1993. "Seemingly unrelated regressions under additive heteroscedasticity : Theory and share equation applications," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 315-346, August.
- Liu, Aiyi, 2002. "Efficient Estimation of Two Seemingly Unrelated Regression Equations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 445-456, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:99:y:2008:i:2:p:223-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.