Comparisons of poverty across periods: Significance of distributional effects of prices
This paper identifies flexible scales from two cross sections of FES data capturing the distributional effects of inflation. Poverty rates based on the flexible and simple (per capita, modified OECD) deflators reveal different trends in poverty among households and children.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Panayiota Lyssiotou, 2003. "On estimating the cost of characteristics indices from consumer demand analysis," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(2), pages 326-349, May.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Dreze, Jean & Srinivasan, P. V., 1997. "Widowhood and poverty in rural India: Some inferences from household survey data," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 217-234, December.
- Lyssiotou, Panayiota, 1997. "Comparison of Alternative Tax and Transfer Treatment of Children Using Adult Equivalence Scales," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(1), pages 105-117, March.
- Grootaert, Christiaan, 1995. "Structural change and poverty in Africa: A decomposition anakysis for Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 375-401, August.
- Pendakur, Krishna, 2002.
"Taking prices seriously in the measurement of inequality,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 47-69, October.
- Pendakur, K., 1999. "Taking Prices Seriously in the Measurement of Inequality," Discussion Papers dp99-7, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1975. "Subindexes in the Cost of Living Index," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 16(1), pages 135-150, February.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1990. "Full Rank Demand Systems," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(2), pages 289-300, May.
- Slesnick, Daniel T, 1993. "Gaining Ground: Poverty in the Postwar United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(1), pages 1-38, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:99:y:2008:i:1:p:14-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.