An extension of the Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition to a continuum of comparison groups
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Nopo, Hugo R., 2007. "An Extension of the Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition to a Continuum of Comparison Groups," IZA Discussion Papers 2921, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hugo Ñopo, 2007. "An Extension of the Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition to a Continuum of Comparison Groups," Research Department Publications 4532, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maloney, William F., 2004. "Informality Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0032 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Bauer & Silja Göhlmann & Mathias Sinning, 2007.
"Gender differences in smoking behavior,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(9), pages 895-909.
- Bauer, Thomas & Göhlmann, Silja & Sinning, Mathias, 2006. "Gender Differences in Smoking Behaviour," CEPR Discussion Papers 5848, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Bauer & Silja Göhlmann & Mathias Sinning, 2006. "Gender Differences in Smoking Behavior," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 06/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Göhlmann, Silja & Sinning, Mathias, 2006. "Gender Differences in Smoking Behavior," RWI Discussion Papers 44, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Göhlmann, Silja & Sinning, Mathias, 2006. "Gender Differences in Smoking Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 2259, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hugo Ñopo, 2008. "Matching as a Tool to Decompose Wage Gaps," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 290-299, May.
- James Albrecht & Anders Bjorklund & Susan Vroman, 2003. "Is There a Glass Ceiling in Sweden?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 145-177, January.
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0044 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hugo Ã‘opo & Jaime Saavedra & MÃ¡ximo Torero, 2007. "Ethnicity and Earnings in a Mixed-Race Labor Market," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 709-734.
- Thomas Bauer & Mathias Sinning, 2010.
"Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition for Tobit models,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(12), pages 1569-1575.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Sinning, Mathias, 2005. "Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition for Tobit Models," RWI Discussion Papers 32, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Bauer, Thomas & Sinning, Mathias, 2005. "Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition for Tobit Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 5309, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Sinning, Mathias, 2005. "Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition for Tobit Models," IZA Discussion Papers 1795, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Hugo Nopo & Jaime Saavedra & Maximo Torero, 2004. "Ethnicity and Earnings in Urban Peru," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0405, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Maloney, William F, 1999. "Does Informality Imply Segmentation in Urban Labor Markets? Evidence from Sectoral Transitions in Mexico," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 275-302, May.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- David de Ferranti & Guillermo E. Perry & William Foster & Daniel Lederman & Alberto Valdés, 2005. "Beyond the City: The Rural Contribution to Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7328.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mauricio Quiñones Domínguez & Juan Antonio Rodríguez Sinisterra, 2011. "Rendimiento de la educación en las regiones colombianas: un análisis usando la Descomposición Oaxaca-Blinder," REVISTA SOCIEDAD Y ECONOMIA - CIDSE, UNIVERSIDAD DEL VALLE - CIDSE, August.
- Ulrick, Shawn W., 2012. "The Oaxaca decomposition generalized to a continuous group variable," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 35-37.
- Richey, Jeremiah & Rosburg, Alicia, 2016. "Decomposing Joint Distributions via Reweighting Functions: An Application to Intergenerational Economic Mobility," MPRA Paper 74744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:100:y:2008:i:2:p:292-296. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.