Citations for "Who takes the credit? Gender, power, and control over loan use in rural credit programs in Bangladesh"
by Goetz, Anne Marie & Gupta, Rina Sen
- Johnson, Susan, 2004. "Gender Norms in Financial Markets: Evidence from Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1355-1374, August.
- Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik, 2005. "When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 907-920, June.
- Rajdeep Sengupta & Craig P. Aubuchon, 2008. "The microfinance revolution: an overview," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 9-30.
- Lucy Scott, 2012. "Contested Relationships: Womenâ€™s Economic and Social Empowerment, Insights from the Transfer of Material Assets in Bangladesh," Working Papers id:4705, eSocialSciences.
- Tassel, Eric Van, 2004. "Household bargaining and microfinance," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 449-468, August.
- Jessica Schicks, 2012.
"Over-Indebtedness in Microfinance – An Empirical Analysis of Related Factors on the Borrower Level,"
Working Papers CEB
12-017, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Schicks, Jessica, 2014. "Over-Indebtedness in Microfinance – An Empirical Analysis of Related Factors on the Borrower Level," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 301-324.
- Rie Makita, 2009. "The visibility of women’s work for poverty reduction: implications from non-crop agricultural income-generating programs in Bangladesh," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 379-390, December.
- Sylvain Dessy & Jacques Ewoudou, 2006. "Microfinance and Female Empowerment," Cahiers de recherche 0603, CIRPEE.
- Ozgur Emre Ergungor, 2010.
"Bank Branch Presence and Access to Credit in Low- to Moderate-Income Neighborhoods,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(7), pages 1321-1349, October.
- O. Emre Ergungor, 2006. "Bank branch presence and access to credit in low-to-moderate income neighborhoods," Working Paper 0616, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ngo, Thi Minh-Phuong & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2008.
"Microfinance and Gender Empowerment,"
11293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thi Minh-Phuong Ngo & Zaki Wahhaj, 2010. "Microfinance and Gender Empowerment," CSAE Working Paper Series 2010-34, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Zaki Wahhaj & Thi Minh-Phuong Ngo, 2010. "Microfinance and Gender Empowerment," Economics Series Working Papers CSAE WPS/2010-34, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- van Leeuwen, I.W., 2005. "Gender and microinsurance," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19175, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Sarah Gibb, 2008. "Microfinance’s Impact on Education, Poverty, and Empowerment: A Case Study from the Bolivian Altiplano," Development Research Working Paper Series 04/2008, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Boehe, Dirk Michael & Barin Cruz, Luciano, 2013. "Gender and Microfinance Performance: Why Does the Institutional Context Matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 121-135.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Goodell, John W. & Selleck, Lauren J., 2015. "Lending to women in microfinance: Role of social trust," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 55-65.
- Caren A. Grown, 2006. "Quick Impact Initiatives For Gender Equality: A Menu of Options," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_462, Levy Economics Institute.
- Prugl, Elisabeth & Tinker, Irene, 1997. "Microentrepreneurs and homeworkers: Convergent categories," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1471-1482, September.
- Hulme, David, 2000. "Impact Assessment Methodologies for Microfinance: Theory, Experience and Better Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 79-98, January.
- Abigail Barr & Bill Kinsey, 2004.
"Do Men Really have no Shame?,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Abigail Barr & Bill Kinsey, 2002. "Do men really have no shame?," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2002-05, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Abigail Barr & Bill Kinsey, 2002. "Do men really have no shame?," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-05, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Zakir Husain & Diganta Mukerjee & Mousumi Dutta, 2014.
"Self‐Help Groups And Empowerment Of Women: Self‐Selection, Or Actual Benefits?,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 422-437, 05.
- Husain, Zakir & Mukherjee, Diganta & Dutta, Mousumi, 2010. "Self Help Groups and empowerment of women: Self-selection or actual benefits?," MPRA Paper 20765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rahman, Aminur, 1999. "Micro-credit initiatives for equitable and sustainable development: Who pays?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-82, January.
- D'Espallier, Bert & Guérin, Isabelle & Mersland, Roy, 2011. "Women and Repayment in Microfinance: A Global Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 758-772, May.
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert, 2011. "Microfinance: Its Impact, Outreach, and Sustainability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 875-881, June.
- Anderson, Siwan & Eswaran, Mukesh, 2009. "What determines female autonomy? Evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 179-191, November.
- Cristina Elisa Orso & Enrico Fabrizi, 2013. "Microcredit and women's empowerment in Bangladesh: a structural equation model for categorical observed variables," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1396, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Montgomery, Heather & Weiss, John, 2011. "Can Commercially-oriented Microfinance Help Meet the Millennium Development Goals? Evidence from Pakistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 87-109, January.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Goodell, John, 2013. "Lending to women in microfinance: influence of social trust and national culture Lending to women in microfinance: influence of social trust and national culture," Working Paper 1317, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Pretes, Michael, 2002. "Microequity and Microfinance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1341-1353, August.
- James C. Brau & Gary M. Woller, 2004. "Microfinance: A Comprehensive Review of the Existing Literature," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 9(1), pages 1-28, Spring.
- Masud Ahmed, Syed & Chowdhury, Mushtaque & Bhuiya, Abbas, 2001. "Micro-Credit and Emotional Well-Being: Experience of Poor Rural Women from Matlab, Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1957-1966, November.
- Rao, Smriti, 2008. "Reforms with a Female Face: Gender, Liberalization, and Economic Policy in Andhra Pradesh, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1213-1232, July.
- Quibria, M.G., 2012. "Microcredit and Poverty Alleviation: Can microcredit close the deal?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Khan, Wajid & Sun, Shaorong & Khan, Ikramullah, 2015. "Sustainable Institutions or Sustainable Poverty Targeting: The Case of Microfinance," MPRA Paper 63587, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chowdhury, M. Jahangir Alam, 2008. "Does the Participation in the Microcredit Programs Contribute to the Development of Women Entrepreneurship at the Household Level? Experience from Bangladesh," Working Papers 46546, University of Dhaka, Center for Microfinance and Development.
- Story, William T. & Burgard, Sarah A., 2012. "Couples’ reports of household decision-making and the utilization of maternal health services in Bangladesh," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2403-2411.
- Piot-Lepetit, Isabelle & Nzongang, Joseph, 2014. "Financial sustainability and poverty outreach within a network of village banks in Cameroon: A multi-DEA approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(1), pages 319-330.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Dimova, Ralitza & Gang, Ira N., 2014.
"Is Women's Ownership of Land a Panacea in Developing Countries? Evidence from Land-Owning Farm Households in Malawi,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7907, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sumon K. Bhaumik & Ralitza Dimova & Ira N. Gang, 2013. "Is women's ownership of land a panacea in developing countries? Evidence from land-owning farm households in Malawi," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1055, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Alnaa, Samuel Erasmus & Aglobitse, Peter B., 2012. "Access to microfinance and intra household business decision making: Implication for efficiency of female owned enterprises in Ghana," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 513-518.
- Chin, Yoo-Mi, 2012. "Credit Program Participation and Decline in Violence: Does Self-Selection Matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1690-1699.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Khandker, Shahidur R. & Cartwright, Jennifer, 2003. "Does micro-credit empower women : evidence from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2998, The World Bank.
- J.D. Von Pischke, 1997. "Poverty, Human Development and Financial Services," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1997-04, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Mayoux, Linda, 2001. "Jobs, gender and small enterprises : getting the policy environment right," ILO Working Papers 346709, International Labour Organization.
- Anderson, C. Leigh & Locker, Laura & Nugent, Rachel, 2002. "Microcredit, Social Capital, and Common Pool Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 95-105, January.
- Alam, Saad, 2012. "The Effect of Gender-Based Returns to Borrowing on Intra-Household Resource Allocation in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1164-1180.
- Duvendack, Maren & Palmer-Jones, Richard, 2011. "The microfinance of reproduction and the reproduction of microfinance: understanding the connections between microfinance, empowerment, contraception and fertility in Bangladesh in the 1990s," MPRA Paper 32384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chowdhury, Tamgid Ahmed & Mukhopadhaya, Pundarik, 2012. "Assessment of multidimensional poverty and effectiveness of microfinance-driven government and NGO projects in the rural Bangladesh," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 500-512.
- Mahmud, Simeen & Shah, Nirali M. & Becker, Stan, 2012. "Measurement of Women’s Empowerment in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 610-619.
- Chliova, Myrto & Brinckmann, Jan & Rosenbusch, Nina, 2015. "Is microcredit a blessing for the poor? A meta-analysis examining development outcomes and contextual considerations," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 467-487.
- Katherine Rankin, 2002. "Social Capital, Microfinance, and the Politics of Development," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24.
- Ashish Bajracharya & Sajeda Amin, 2013. "Microcredit and Domestic Violence in Bangladesh: An Exploration of Selection Bias Influences," Demography, Springer, vol. 50(5), pages 1819-1843, October.
- Naomi Hossain, 2009. "School Exclusion as Social Exclusion: The Practices And Effects of Conditional Cash Transfer Programme for the Poor in Bangladesh," Working Papers id:2177, eSocialSciences.
- Garikipati, Supriya, 2008. "The Impact of Lending to Women on Household Vulnerability and Women's Empowerment: Evidence from India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2620-2642, December.
- Nissanke, Machiko, 2002. "Donors' Support for Microcredit as Social Enterprise: A Critial Reappraisal," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Opata, Patience I. & Nweze, Noble J., 2009. "Socio-economic Determinants of the Performance of Informal Women Co-operatives in Enugu state, Nigeria," Miscellaneous Papers 51554, Agecon Search.
- Asad K. Ghalib & Issam Malki & Katsushi S. Imai, 2011. "The Impact of Microfinance and its Role in Easing Poverty of Rural Households: Estimations from Pakistan," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-28, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Mabsout, Ramzi & van Staveren, Irene, 2010. "Disentangling Bargaining Power from Individual and Household Level to Institutions: Evidence on Women's Position in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 783-796, May.