The impact of microfinance on women empowerment: Evidence from Eastern India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Siwan & Eswaran, Mukesh, 2009. "What determines female autonomy? Evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 179-191, November.
- Ashraf, Nava & Karlan, Dean & Yin, Wesley, 2010.
"Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 333-344, March.
- Nava Ashraf & Dean Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2006. "Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," Working Papers 949, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Ashraf, Nava & Karlan, Dean S. & Yin, Wesley, 2007. "Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," CEPR Discussion Papers 6195, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dean Karlan & Nava Ashraf & Wesley Yin, 2007. "Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," Working Papers 106, Center for Global Development.
- Karlan, Dean S. & Ashraf, Nava & Yin, Wesley, 2006. "Female Empowerment: Impact of a Commitment Savings Product in the Philippines," Center Discussion Papers 28380, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Manser, Marilyn & Brown, Murray, 1980. "Marriage and Household Decision-Making: A Bargaining Analysis," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 31-44, February.
- Hashemi, Syed M. & Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Riley, Ann P., 1996. "Rural credit programs and women's empowerment in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 635-653, April.
- Rahman, Aminur, 1999. "Micro-credit initiatives for equitable and sustainable development: Who pays?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-82, January.
- Goetz, Anne Marie & Gupta, Rina Sen, 1996. "Who takes the credit? Gender, power, and control over loan use in rural credit programs in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 45-63, January.
- Garikipati, Supriya, 2008. "The Impact of Lending to Women on Household Vulnerability and Women's Empowerment: Evidence from India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2620-2642, December.
- Mark Pin & Shahidur Khandker & Signe-Mary Mckernan & M. Latif, 1999. "Credit programs for the poor and reproductive behavior in low-income countries: Are the reported causal relationships the result of heterogeneity bias?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 36(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Beatriz Armendariz & Nigel Roome, 2008. "Gender empowerment," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14347, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003.
"Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 278-294, September.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003. "Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 10, Stata Users Group.
- Ranjula Bali Swain & Fan Yang Wallentin, 2009.
"Does microfinance empower women? Evidence from self-help groups in India,"
International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 541-556.
- Bali Swain, Ranjula & Wallentin, Fan Yang, 2007. "DOES MICROFINANCE EMPOWER WOMEN? Evidence from Self Help Groups in India," Working Paper Series 2007:24, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- McElroy, Marjorie B & Horney, Mary Jean, 1981. "Nash-Bargained Household Decisions: Toward a Generalization of the Theory of Demand," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(2), pages 333-349, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- T. O. Ojo & L. J. S. Baiyegunhi, 2020. "Determinants of credit constraints and its impact on the adoption of climate change adaptation strategies among rice farmers in South-West Nigeria," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 9(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Shankar Ghimire & Taylor Rigatti & Nicholas Sexton, 2017. "Effect of Credit Cooperatives in Employment Generation: Evidence from Rural Nepal," Journal of Development Innovations, KarmaQuest Internatioinal, vol. 1(1), pages 29-44, February.
- repec:kqi:journl:2017-1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMicrofinance; women empowerment; household decision making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gok:ijdcv1:v:3:y:2013:i:1:p:27-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gipepin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.