The Influence of Social Capital Dimensions on Household Participation in Micro-Credit Groups and Loan Repayment Performance in Uasin Gishu County, Kenya
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dehejia, Rajeev & Montgomery, Heather & Morduch, Jonathan, 2012.
"Do interest rates matter? Credit demand in the Dhaka slums,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 437-449.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & Montgomery, Heather & Morduch, Jonathan, 2005. "Do interest rates matter? credit demand in the Dhaka Slums," MPRA Paper 33146, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anjugam, M. & Ramasamy, C., 2007. "Determinants of Women's Participation in Self-Help Group (SHG)-Led Microfinance Programme in Tamil Nadu," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 20(2).
- Davis, K. & Nkonya, E. & Kato, E. & Mekonnen, D.A. & Odendo, M. & Miiro, R. & Nkuba, J., 2012.
"Impact of Farmer Field Schools on Agricultural Productivity and Poverty in East Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 402-413.
- Davis, Kristin & Nkonya, Ephraim & Kato, Edward & Mekonnen, Daniel Ayalew & Odendo, Martins & Miiro, Richard & Nkuba, Jackson, 2010. "Impact of farmer field schools on agricultural productivity and poverty in East Africa," IFPRI discussion papers 992, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yujiro Hayami, 2009. "Social Capital, Human Capital and the Community Mechanism: Toward a Conceptual Framework for Economists," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 96-123.
- Godquin, Marie, 2004. "Microfinance Repayment Performance in Bangladesh: How to Improve the Allocation of Loans by MFIs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1909-1926, November.
- Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar & Ahmed, Akhter U. & Rashid, Shahidur, 2001. "Group-based financial institutions for the rural poor in Bangladesh: an institutional- and household-level analysis," Research reports 120, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 1999. "Group lending, local information and peer selection," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 27-50, October.
- Simtowe, Franklin & Zeller, Manfred, 2006. "Determinants of Moral Hazard in Microfinance: Empirical Evidence from Joint Liability Lending Programs in Malawi," MPRA Paper 461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Petrick, Martin, 2002. "Credit Rationing in the Polish Farm Sector: A Microeconometric Analysis Based on Survey Data," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24951, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Brehanu, Amare & Fufa, Bekabil, 2008. "Repayment rate of loans from semi-formal financial institutions among small-scale farmers in Ethiopia: Two-limit Tobit analysis," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2221-2230, December.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Alessandra Cassar & Luke Crowley & Bruce Wydick, 2007. "The effect of social capital on group loan repayment: evidence from field experiments," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 85-106, February.
- Mikkel Barslund & Finn Tarp, 2008.
"Formal and Informal Rural Credit in Four Provinces of Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 485-503, April.
- Mikkel Barslund & Finn Tarp, 2007. "Formal and Informal Rural Credit in Four Provinces of Vietnam," Discussion Papers 07-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Rafael Gomez & Eric Santor, 2001.
"Membership has its privileges: the effect of social capital and neighbourhood characteristics on the earnings of microfinance borrowers,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 943-966, November.
- Gomez, Rafael & Santor, Eric, 2001. "Membership has its priveleges : the effect of social capital and neighbourhood characteristics on the earnings of microfinance borrowers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 361, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cuong H. Nguyen, 2007. "Determinants of Credit Participation and Its Impact on Household Consumption: Evidence From Rural Vietnam," CERT Discussion Papers 0703, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Kundu, AMIT & MITRA, SURANJANA, 2009. "Determinants Influencing a Rural Household's Preference to Join Individual Liability or Joint Liability Micro Credit Contract Operated by Primary Aagricultural Credit Society," MPRA Paper 21784, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Oct 2009.
- Benito, Andrew & Mumtaz, Haroon, 2009. "Excess Sensitivity, Liquidity Constraints, And The Collateral Role Of Housing," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 305-326, June.
- Garikipati, Supriya, 2008. "The Impact of Lending to Women on Household Vulnerability and Women's Empowerment: Evidence from India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2620-2642, December.
- Christiaan Grootaert & Gi-Taik Oh & Anand Swamy, 2002. "Social Capital, Household Welfare and Poverty in Burkina Faso," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(1), pages 4-38, March.
- Doan, Tinh & Gibson, John & Holmes, Mark, 2010. "What determines credit participation and credit constraints of the poor in peri-urban areas, Vietnam?," MPRA Paper 27509, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Dec 2010.
- Joseph Hayes & Michael Roth & Lydia Zepeda, 1997. "Tenure Security, Investment and Productivity in Gambian Agriculture: A Generalized Probit Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 369-382.
- Ranjula Bali Swain, 2007. "The demand and supply of credit for households," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(21), pages 2681-2692.
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker, 1998. "The Impact of Group-Based Credit Programs on Poor Households in Bangladesh: Does the Gender of Participants Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 958-996, October.
- Nitin Bhatt, 2002. "Determinants of Repayment in Microcredit: Evidence from Programs in the United States," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 360-376, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital; Access to Credit; Group Lending; Microfiance; Heckman two step Model; Tobit Model; Loan Repayment; Micro-credit Group;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-08-05 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-08-05 (Banking)
- NEP-DEV-2013-08-05 (Development)
- NEP-MFD-2013-08-05 (Microfinance)
- NEP-SOC-2013-08-05 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .