What drives the repayment of agricultural micro loans? Evidence from Nicaragua
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thorsten Beck & Patrick Behr & Andre Guettler, 2013.
"Gender and Banking: Are Women Better Loan Officers?,"
Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 17(4), pages 1279-1321.
- Beck, Thorsten & Behr, Patrick & Güttler, Andre, 2009. "Gender and Banking: Are Women Better Loan Officers?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Behr, P. & Guttler, A., 2009. "Gender and Banking : Are Women Better Loan Officers?," Other publications TiSEM 5785f710-d791-4172-a2f3-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Behr, P. & Guttler, A., 2009. "Gender and Banking : Are Women Better Loan Officers?," Discussion Paper 2009-63, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Vogelgesang, Ulrike, 2003.
"Microfinance in Times of Crisis: The Effects of Competition, Rising Indebtedness, and Economic Crisis on Repayment Behavior,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2085-2114, December.
- Ulrike Vogelgesang, 2001. "Microfinance in Times of Crisis: The Effects of Competition, Rising Indebtedness, and Economic Crisis on Repayment Behavior," GK working paper series 2001-06, Post Graduate Programme "Allocation on Financial Markets", University of Mannheim, revised Nov 2001.
- Leckie, George & Charlton, Chris, 2013. "runmlwin: A Program to Run the MLwiN Multilevel Modeling Software from within Stata," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 52(i11).
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Hainz, Christa, 2010.
"Default rates in the loan market for SMEs: Evidence from Slovakia,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 133-147, June.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Christa Hainz & Anton Malesich, 2006. "Default Rates in the Loan Market for SMEs: Evidence from Slovakia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp854, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Christa Hainz, 2009. "Default Rates in the Loan Market for SMEs: Evidence from Slovakia," ifo Working Paper Series 72, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Godquin, Marie, 2004. "Microfinance Repayment Performance in Bangladesh: How to Improve the Allocation of Loans by MFIs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1909-1926, November.
- Jens Reinke, 1998. "How to lend like mad and make a profit: A micro-credit paradigm versus the start-up fund in South Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 44-61.
- Gregor Dorfleitner & Michaela Leidl & Christopher Priberny & Jakob von Mosch, 2013. "What determines microcredit interest rates?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(20), pages 1579-1597, October.
- Zeller, Manfred, 1998. "Determinants of Repayment Performance in Credit Groups: The Role of Program Design, Intragroup Risk Pooling, and Social Cohesion," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 599-620, April.
- Johan Bastiaensen & Peter Marchetti & René Mendoza & Francisco Pérez, 2013. "After the Nicaraguan Non-Payment Crisis: Alternatives to Microfinance Narcissism," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 44(4), pages 861-885, July.
- Arindam Bandyopadhyay & Asish Saha, 2011. "Distinctive demand and risk characteristics of residential housing loan market in India," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(6), pages 703-724, November.
- Robert B. Avery & Paul S. Calem & Glenn B. Canner, 2004. "Consumer credit scoring: do situational circumstances matter?," BIS Working Papers 146, Bank for International Settlements.
- Evžen Kocenda & Martin Vojtek, 2009. "Default Predictors and Credit Scoring Models for Retail Banking," CESifo Working Paper Series 2862, CESifo.
- Mead, Donald C. & Liedholm, Carl, 1998. "The dynamics of micro and small enterprises in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-74, January.
- Sharma, Manohar & Zeller, Manfred, 1997. "Repayment performance in group-based credit programs in Bangladesh: An empirical analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1731-1742, October.
- Steel, William F. & Aryeetey, Ernest & Hettige, Hemamala & Nissanke, Machiko, 1997. "Informal financial markets under liberalization in four African countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 817-830, May.
- Avery, Robert B. & Calem, Paul S. & Canner, Glenn B., 2004. "Consumer credit scoring: Do situational circumstances matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 835-856, April.
- D'Espallier, Bert & Guérin, Isabelle & Mersland, Roy, 2011. "Women and Repayment in Microfinance: A Global Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 758-772, May.
- Frame, W Scott & Srinivasan, Aruna & Woosley, Lynn, 2001. "The Effect of Credit Scoring on Small-Business Lending," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(3), pages 813-825, August.
- Brehanu, Amare & Fufa, Bekabil, 2008. "Repayment rate of loans from semi-formal financial institutions among small-scale farmers in Ethiopia: Two-limit Tobit analysis," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2221-2230, December.
- Aleem, Irfan, 1990. "Imperfect Information, Screening, and the Costs of Informal Lending: A Study of a Rural Credit Market in Pakistan," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 329-349, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Behr, Patrick & Entzian, Annekathrin & Güttler, Andre, 2011. "How do lending relationships affect access to credit and loan conditions in microlending?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 2169-2178, August.
- Ron Weber & Oliver Musshoff, 2012. "Is agricultural microcredit really more risky? Evidence from Tanzania," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 72(3), pages 416-435, November.
- Dinh, Thi Huyen Thanh & Kleimeier, Stefanie, 2007. "A credit scoring model for Vietnam's retail banking market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 471-495.
- Joris Van Gool & Wouter Verbeke & Piet Sercu & Bart Baesens, 2012. "Credit scoring for microfinance: is it worth it?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 103-123, April.
- W. Scott Frame & Michael Padhi & Lynn W. Woosley, 2001. "The effect of credit scoring on small business lending in low- and moderate-income areas," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2001-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Crook, Jonathan & Banasik, John, 2004. "Does reject inference really improve the performance of application scoring models?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 857-874, April.
- Nitin Bhatt & Shui–Yan Tang, 2002. "Determinants of Repayment in Microcredit: Evidence from Programs in the United States," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(2), pages 360-376, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tchakoute Tchuigoua, Hubert, 2018. "Which types of microfinance institutions decentralize the loan approval process?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 237-244.
- Bilau, José & St-Pierre, Josée, 2018. "Microcredit repayment in a European context: evidence from Portugal," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 85-96.
- Dorfleitner, Gregor & Oswald, Eva-Maria & Röhe, Michaela, 2020. "The access of microfinance institutions to financing via the worldwide crowd," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 133-146.
More about this item
KeywordsMicrofinance; Agricultural micro loans; Default; LGD; Crossed random effects;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:89-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.