A Social Approach to Microfinance Credit Scoring
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vogelgesang, Ulrike, 2003.
"Microfinance in Times of Crisis: The Effects of Competition, Rising Indebtedness, and Economic Crisis on Repayment Behavior,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2085-2114, December.
- Ulrike Vogelgesang, 2001. "Microfinance in Times of Crisis: The Effects of Competition, Rising Indebtedness, and Economic Crisis on Repayment Behavior," GK working paper series 2001-06, Post Graduate Programme "Allocation on Financial Markets", University of Mannheim, revised Nov 2001.
- Wiginton, John C., 1980. "A Note on the Comparison of Logit and Discriminant Models of Consumer Credit Behavior," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 757-770, September.
- Jens Reinke, 1998. "How to lend like mad and make a profit: A micro-credit paradigm versus the start-up fund in South Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 44-61.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Begoña Guti鲲ez-Nieto, 2013.
"A decision support system for financial and social investment,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(28), pages 4060-4070, October.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto, 2010. "A decision support system for financial and social investment," Working Papers CEB 10-049, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- D. J. Hand & W. E. Henley, 1997. "Statistical Classification Methods in Consumer Credit Scoring: a Review," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 160(3), pages 523-541, September.
- Beatriz Armendáriz & Ariane Szafarz, 2011.
"On Mission Drift in Microfinance Institutions,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Beatriz Armendáriz & Marc Labie (ed.), The Handbook Of Microfinance, chapter 16, pages 341-366,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Beatriz Armendariz & Ariane Szafarz, 2009. "On Mission Drift In Microfinance Institutions," Working Papers CEB 09-015.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beatriz Armendariz & Ariane Szafarz, 2011. "On Mission Drift in Microfinance Institutions," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/97387, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Armendáriz, Beatriz & Szafarz, Ariane, 2011. "On mission drift in microfinance institutions," MPRA Paper 31041, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Berger, Allen N. & Black, Lamont K., 2011. "Bank size, lending technologies, and small business finance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 724-735, March.
- Robert Cull & Asli Demirguç-Kunt & Jonathan Morduch, 2007.
"Financial performance and outreach: a global analysis of leading microbanks,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 107-133, February.
- Cull, Robert & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Morduch, Jonathan, 2006. "Financial performance and outreach : a global analysis of leading microbanks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3827, The World Bank.
- Joris Van Gool & Wouter Verbeke & Piet Sercu & Bart Baesens, 2012. "Credit scoring for microfinance: is it worth it?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 103-123, April.
- B Baesens & T Van Gestel & S Viaene & M Stepanova & J Suykens & J Vanthienen, 2003. "Benchmarking state-of-the-art classification algorithms for credit scoring," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 54(6), pages 627-635, June.
- Zeller, Manfred, 1998. "Determinants of Repayment Performance in Credit Groups: The Role of Program Design, Intragroup Risk Pooling, and Social Cohesion," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 599-620, April.
- Thomas, Lyn C., 2000. "A survey of credit and behavioural scoring: forecasting financial risk of lending to consumers," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 149-172.
- Yoram Wind & Thomas L. Saaty, 1980. "Marketing Applications of the Analytic Hierarchy Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(7), pages 641-658, July.
- Sharma, Manohar & Zeller, Manfred, 1997. "Repayment performance in group-based credit programs in Bangladesh: An empirical analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1731-1742, October.
- Boubacar Diallo, 2006. "Un Modele De “Credit Scoring” Pour Une Institution De Micro-Finance Africaine: Le Cas De Nyesigiso Au Mali," Working Papers halshs-00069163, HAL.
- Ronald U. Mendoza, 2011. "Why do the poor pay more? Exploring the poverty penalty concept," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Dinh, Thi Huyen Thanh & Kleimeier, Stefanie, 2007. "A credit scoring model for Vietnam's retail banking market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 471-495.
- Jane Gibbon & Colin Dey, 2011. "Developments in Social Impact Measurement in the Third Sector: Scaling Up or Dumbing Down?," Social and Environmental Accountability Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 63-72, April.
- Begoña Gutiérrez Nieto & Carlos Serrano Cinca, 2006. "Factors explaining the rating of Microfinance Institutions," Documentos de Trabajo dt2006-03, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hernandez, Manuel A. & Torero, Maximo, 2018.
"A poverty-sensitive scorecard to prioritize lending and grant allocation: Evidence from Central America,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 81-90.
- Hernandez, Manuel A. & Torero, MÃ¡ximo, 2016. "A poverty-sensitive scorecard to prioritize lending and grant allocation: Evidence from Central America:," IFPRI discussion papers 1518, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dorfleitner, G. & Just-Marx, S. & Priberny, C., 2017. "What drives the repayment of agricultural micro loans? Evidence from Nicaragua," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 89-100.
- Serrano-Cinca, Carlos & Gutiérrez-Nieto, Begoña, 2014. "Microfinance, the long tail and mission drift," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 181-194.
- J. Lara‐Rubio & A. Blanco‐Oliver & R. Pino‐Mejías, 2017. "Promoting Entrepreneurship at the Base of the Social Pyramid via Pricing Systems: A case Study," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 12-28, January.
- Jorge Mota & António Carrizo Moreira & Cristóvão Brandão, 2018. "Determinants of microcredit repayment in Portugal: analysis of borrowers, loans and business projects," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 17(3), pages 141-171, November.
- Scognamiglio, Elisabetta & Di Lorenzo, Emilia & Sibillo, Marilena & Trotta, Annarita, 2019. "Social uncertainty evaluation in Social Impact Bonds: Review and framework," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 40-56.
- Maria Patricia Durango‐Gutiérrez & Juan Lara‐Rubio & Andrés Navarro‐Galera, 2023. "Analysis of default risk in microfinance institutions under the Basel III framework," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(2), pages 1261-1278, April.
- Rayo Cantón, Salvador & Lara Rubio, Juan & Camino Blasco, David, 2010. "A Credit Scoring Model For Institutions Of Microfinance Under The Basel Ii Normative," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 15(28), pages 89-124.
- Ibtissem Baklouti, 2013. "Determinants of Microcredit Repayment: The Case of Tunisian Microfinance Bank," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 25(3), pages 370-382, September.
- Mark Schreiner, 2001. "A Scoring Model of the Risk of Costly Arrears at a Microfinance Lender in Bolivia," Development and Comp Systems 0109005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tchakoute-Tchuigoua, Hubert, 2012. "Active risk management and loan contract terms: Evidence from rated microfinance institutions," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 427-437.
- Hong Wang & Qingsong Xu & Lifeng Zhou, 2015. "Large Unbalanced Credit Scoring Using Lasso-Logistic Regression Ensemble," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(2), pages 1-20, February.
- Simon Zaby, 2019. "Science Mapping of the Global Knowledge Base on Microfinance: Influential Authors and Documents, 1989–2019," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(14), pages 1-21, July.
- Sara Biancini & David Ettinger & Baptiste Venet, 2021. "When Pro-Poor Microcredit Institutions Favor Richer Borrowers - A Moral Hazard Story," CESifo Working Paper Series 8893, CESifo.
- Crone, Sven F. & Finlay, Steven, 2012. "Instance sampling in credit scoring: An empirical study of sample size and balancing," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 224-238.
- Ibtissem Baklouti, 2014. "A Psychological Approach To Microfinance Credit Scoring Via A Classification And Regression Tree," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(4), pages 193-208, October.
- Hussein A. Abdou & John Pointon, 2011. "Credit Scoring, Statistical Techniques And Evaluation Criteria: A Review Of The Literature," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2-3), pages 59-88, April.
- Li Gan & Manuel A. Hernandez & Yanyan Liu, 2018.
"Group Lending With Heterogeneous Types,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 56(2), pages 895-913, April.
- Gan, Li & Hernandez, Manuel A. & Liu, Yanyan, 2013. "Group lending with heterogeneous types:," IFPRI discussion papers 1268, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Li Gan & Manuel A. Hernandez & Yanyan Liu, 2013. "Group Lending with Heterogeneous Types," NBER Working Papers 18847, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rais Ahmad Itoo & A. Selvarasu & José António Filipe, 2015. "Loan Products and Credit Scoring by Commercial Banks (India)," International Journal of Finance, Insurance and Risk Management, International Journal of Finance, Insurance and Risk Management, vol. 5(1), pages 851-851.
- Lobna Abid & Afif Masmoudi & Sonia Zouari-Ghorbel, 2018. "The Consumer Loan’s Payment Default Predictive Model: an Application of the Logistic Regression and the Discriminant Analysis in a Tunisian Commercial Bank," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 9(3), pages 948-962, September.
- Shakil Quayes, 2019. "Probability of Sustainability and Social Outreach of Microfinance Institutions," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(2), pages 1047-1056.
More about this item
Keywordsmicrofinance; credit scoring; decision support system; social impact; multicriteria; social finance;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MFD-2013-03-16 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sol:wpaper:2013/140913. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Benoit Pauwels (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cebulbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.