A poverty-sensitive scorecard to prioritize lending and grant allocation: Evidence from Central America:
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hernandez, Manuel A. & Torero, Maximo, 2018. "A poverty-sensitive scorecard to prioritize lending and grant allocation: Evidence from Central America," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 81-90.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2008.
"Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 414-427, August.
- Jonah B. Gelbach & Doug Miller & A. Colin Cameron, 2006. "Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors," Working Papers 128, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2007. "Bootstrap-Based Improvements for Inference with Clustered Errors," NBER Technical Working Papers 0344, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manuel Hernandez & Maximo Torero, 2014. "Parametric versus nonparametric methods in risk scoring: an application to microcredit," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 1057-1079, May.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, December.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, December.
- Braverman, Avishay & Guasch, J. Luis, 1986. "Rural credit markets and institutions in developing countries: Lessons for policy analysis from practice and modern theory," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(10-11), pages 1253-1267.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Density Estimation, from Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Introductory Chapters, in: Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice, Princeton University Press.
- Adams, Dale W. & Graham, Douglas H., 1981. "A critique of traditional agricultural credit projects and policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 347-366, June.
- Minot, Nicholas & Benson, Todd, 2009. "Fertilizer subsidies in Africa: Are vouchers the answer?," Issue briefs 60, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shahidur R. Khandker, 2005.
"Microfinance and Poverty: Evidence Using Panel Data from Bangladesh,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 263-286.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 2003. "Microfinance and poverty - evidence using panel data from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2945, The World Bank.
- McPherson, Michael A., 1996. "Growth of micro and small enterprises in southern Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 253-277, March.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto & Nydia M. Reyes, 2013. "A Social Approach to Microfinance Credit Scoring," Working Papers CEB 13-013, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Seibel, Hans Dieter, 2000. "Agricultural Development Banks: Close them or reform them?," Working Papers 2000,4, University of Cologne, Development Research Center.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- McKenzie, David, 2012.
"Beyond baseline and follow-up: The case for more T in experiments,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 210-221.
- McKenzie, David, 2011. "Beyond baseline and follow-up : the case for more t in experiments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5639, The World Bank.
- Klein, Roger W & Spady, Richard H, 1993.
"An Efficient Semiparametric Estimator for Binary Response Models,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(2), pages 387-421, March.
- Klein, R.W. & Spady, R.H., 1991. "An Efficient Semiparametric Estimator for Binary Response Models," Papers 70, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Bulte, Erwin H. & Damania, Richard & Lopez, Ramon, 2007. "On the gains of committing to inefficiency: Corruption, deforestation and low land productivity in Latin America," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 277-295, November.
- repec:idb:brikps:82331 is not listed on IDEAS
- T.S. Jayne & Shahidur Rashid, 2013. "Input subsidy programs in sub-Saharan Africa: a synthesis of recent evidence," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(6), pages 547-562, November.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; risk; credit; finance;
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PKE-2016-05-08 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2016-05-08 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.