The microfinance revolution: an overview
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghatak, Maitreesh & Guinnane, Timothy W., 1999.
"The economics of lending with joint liability: theory and practice,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 195-228, October.
- Ghatak, M. & Guinnane, T.W., 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Papers 791, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Maitreesh Ghatak & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Discussion Papers 98-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Maitreesh Ghatak & Timothy W. Guinnane, 1998. "The Economics of Lending with Joint Liability: Theory and Practice," Working Papers 791, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & Montgomery, Heather & Morduch, Jonathan, 2012.
"Do interest rates matter? Credit demand in the Dhaka slums,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 437-449.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & Montgomery, Heather & Morduch, Jonathan, 2005. "Do interest rates matter? credit demand in the Dhaka Slums," MPRA Paper 33146, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2000. "Screening by the Company You Keep: Joint Liability Lending and the Peer Selection Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 601-631, July.
- Anthony Bottomley, 1975. "Interest Rate Determination in Underdeveloped Rural Areas," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 57(2), pages 279-291.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Shahidur R. Khandker, 2005.
"Microfinance and Poverty: Evidence Using Panel Data from Bangladesh,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 263-286.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 2003. "Microfinance and poverty - evidence using panel data from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2945, The World Bank.
- Aleem, Irfan, 1990. "Imperfect Information, Screening, and the Costs of Informal Lending: A Study of a Rural Credit Market in Pakistan," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 329-349, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Schreiner, Mark & Woller, Gary, 2003. "Microenterprise Development Programs in the United States and in the Developing World," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1567-1580, September.
- Braverman, Avishay & Guasch, J. Luis, 1986. "Rural credit markets and institutions in developing countries: Lessons for policy analysis from practice and modern theory," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(10-11), pages 1253-1267.
- Beatriz Armendáriz de Aghion & Jonathan Morduch, 2000. "Microfinance Beyond Group Lending," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(2), pages 401-420, July.
- Goetz, Anne Marie & Gupta, Rina Sen, 1996. "Who takes the credit? Gender, power, and control over loan use in rural credit programs in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 45-63, January.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1999. "The Microfinance Promise," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1569-1614, December.
- Christian Ahlin & RobertM. Townsend, 2007.
"Using Repayment Data to Test Across Models of Joint Liability Lending,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 11-51, February.
- Christian Ahlin & Robert Townsend, 2002. "Using Repayment Data to Test Across Models of Joint Liability Lending," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0227, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Mark Schreiner, 1999. "Lessons for Microenterprise Programs from a Fresh Look at the Unemployment Insurance Self-Employment Demonstration," Evaluation Review, , vol. 23(5), pages 504-526, October.
- Mark Schreiner, 2001. "Evaluation and Microenterprise Programs," Development and Comp Systems 0108002, EconWPA, revised 27 Dec 2001.
- Smith, Stephen C., 2002. "Village Banking and Maternal and Child Health: Evidence from Ecuador and Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 707-723, April.
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker, 1998. "The Impact of Group-Based Credit Programs on Poor Households in Bangladesh: Does the Gender of Participants Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 958-996, October.
- Bhaduri, Amit, 1977. "On the Formation of Usurious Interest Rates in Backward Agriculture," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(4), pages 341-352, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janda, Karel & Zetek, Pavel, 2014.
"Mikrofinanční Revoluce: Aktuální Kontroverze A Výzvy
[Microfinance Revolution: Recent Controversies And Challenges]," MPRA Paper 54098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pawel Galinski, 2013. "Activity Of Microfinance Institutions In The Period Of The Global Financial Crisis," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 8(1), pages 91-105, March.
- Heller, Lauren R. & Badding, Kayla D., 2012. "For compassion or money? The factors influencing the funding of micro loans," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 831-835.
- Viresh Amin, 2014. "The Role of Trust-Control Mechanisms in Operations Processes: Mitigating Mission Drift in a Microfinance Institution in Gujarat, India," Management Working Papers 7, Birkbeck Department of Management, revised Jun 2014.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:294-305 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Lanzavecchia, 2012. "Is microcredit targeted to poor people? Evidences from a Cambodian microfinance institution," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0149, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Fatih Ozturk, 2014. "A Comparative Social Enterprise Analysis: Motives, Processes and Barriers (Analiza porownawcza przedsiebiorstw spolecznych – motywy, procesy i bariery)," Research Reports, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(17), pages 86-97.
- Abdul Karim, Zulkefly, 2009. "Microfinance and Mechanism Design: The Role of Joint Liability and Cross-Reporting," MPRA Paper 23934, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Jan 2010.
- Protap Kumar Ghosh & Sutap Kumar Ghosh, 2017. "Gender Disparity in Functionality and Consequence of Microfinance: Does it Function Currently?," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 7(2), pages 164-174, February.
- Gustavo Barboza & Sandra Trejos, 2009. "Micro Credit in Chiapas, México: Poverty Reduction Through Group Lending," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(2), pages 283-299, September.
- Bashir, Rabia & Bajwa, Sami & Mamoon, Dawood, 2017. "Channeling Local Culture into Sustainable Microfinance Solutions by Akhuwat: From Borrowers to Donors," MPRA Paper 81591, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Islam, Jamal & Mohajan, Haradhan & Datta, Rajib, 2012. "Aspects of microfinance system of Grameen Bank of Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 50691, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Mar 2012.
- Janda, Karel & Zetek, Pavel, 2014. "Survey of Microfinance Controversies and Challenges," MPRA Paper 56657, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Md. Abul Kalam Azad & Abdul Kadar Muhammad Masum & Susila Munisamy & Dilruba Fatima Sharmin, 2016. "Efficiency analysis of major microfinance institutions in Bangladesh: a Malmquist index approach," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1525-1537, July.
- James ALLEMAN & Paul RAPPOPORT, 2010. "Mobile Money: Implications for Emerging Markets," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(79), pages 15-28, 3rd quart.
- Aruna Chandra & Thankom Arun, 2011. "United States Microfinance: Regulating to Promote Growth?," NFI Working Papers 2011-WP-28, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsBank loans ; Credit ; Poverty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2008:i:jan:p:9-30:n:v.90no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.