Demystifying Nonparticipation in Microcredit: A Population-Based Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pitt, M.M. & Khandker, S.R., 1996. "Household and Intrahousehold Impact of the Grameen Bank and Similar Targeted Credit Programs in Bangladesh," World Bank - Discussion Papers 320, World Bank.
- Buvinic, Mayra & Gupta, Geeta Rao, 1997. "Female-Headed Households and Female-Maintained Families: Are They Worth Targeting to Reduce Poverty in Developing Countries?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 259-280, January.
- Hashemi, Syed M. & Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Riley, Ann P., 1996. "Rural credit programs and women's empowerment in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 635-653, April.
- Adams, Alayne M. & Evans, Timothy G. & Mohammed, Rafi & Farnsworth, Jennifer, 1997. "Socioeconomic stratification by wealth ranking: Is it valid?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1165-1172, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Misha, F.A. & Raza, W.A. & Ara, J. & Van de Poel, E., 2014. "How far does a big push really push?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 77199, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Lønborg, Jonas Helth & Rasmussen, Ole Dahl, 2014. "Can Microfinance Reach the Poorest: Evidence from a Community-Managed Microfinance Intervention," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 460-472.
- Kajenthiran. K & Achchuthan. S & Ajanthan. A, 2017. "A Quest for Seeking Microcredit among Youth: Evidence from an Emerging Nation in South Asian Region," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 7(2), pages 1-8.
- Li, Xia & Gan, Christopher & Hu, Baiding, 2011. "Accessibility to microcredit by Chinese rural households," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 235-246, June.
- repec:taf:oxdevs:v:45:y:2017:i:3:p:338-351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik, 2005. "When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 907-920, June.
- Hilson, Gavin & Ackah-Baidoo, Abigail, 2011. "Can Microcredit Services Alleviate Hardship in African Small-scale Mining Communities?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 1191-1203, July.
- José Baptista & Joaquim Ramalho & J. Vidigal da Silva, 2006.
"Understanding the microenterprise sector to design a tailor-made microfinance policy for Cape Verde,"
Portuguese Economic Journal,
Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 5(3), pages 225-241, December.
- José A. G. Baptista & Joaquim J.S. Ramalho & Jacinto Vidigal da Silva, 2006. "Understanding the microenterprise sector to design a tailor-made microfinance policy for Cape Verde," Economics Working Papers 1_2006, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Rivera, R.M.V., 2003. "Managing risk and sustainability in microfinance : war and its impact on microfinance clients and NGOs in the Philippines," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19134, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Masud Ahmed, Syed & Chowdhury, Mushtaque & Bhuiya, Abbas, 2001. "Micro-Credit and Emotional Well-Being: Experience of Poor Rural Women from Matlab, Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1957-1966, November.
- Ivar Kolstad & Armando J. Garcia Pires & Arne Wiig, 2017.
"Within-group heterogeneity and group dynamics: analyzing exit of microcredit groups in Angola,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 338-351, July.
- Ivar Kolstad & Armando J. Garcia Pires & Arne Wiig, 2015. "Within-group heterogeneity and group dynamics: Analyzing exit of microcredit groups in Angola," CMI Working Papers 3, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- repec:eme:afrpps:afr-02-2016-0010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flore Gubert & François Roubaud, 2005. "Analyser l’impact d’un projet de Micro-finance : l’exemple d’ADéFI à Madagascar," Working Papers DT/2005/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- James C. Brau & Gary M. Woller, 2004. "Microfinance: A Comprehensive Review of the Existing Literature," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 9(1), pages 1-28, Spring.
- Collins Asante-Addo & Jonathan Mockshell & Manfred Zeller & Khalid Siddig & Irene S. Egyir, 2017.
"Agricultural credit provision: what really determines farmers’ participation and credit rationing?,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 77(2), pages 239-256, July.
- Asante-Addo, Collins & Mockshell, Jonathan & Siddig, Khalid & Zeller, Manfred, 2016. "Agricultural credit provision: What really determines farmers’ participation and credit rationing?," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249283, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Sana Ben Abdessalem Kacem & Sonia Ghorbel Zouari, 2013. "The determinants of access to financial services for micro-credit associations: Application on Tunisian case," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 031-046.
- Richard L. Meyer, 2002. "The demand for flexible microfinance products: lessons from Bangladesh," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 351-368.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:23:y:2015:i:c:p:39-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2007. "Bangladesh - Dhaka : Improving Living Conditions for the Urban Poor," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7686, The World Bank.
- Jain, Sanjay & Mansuri, Ghazala, 2003. "A little at a time: the use of regularly scheduled repayments in microfinance programs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 253-279, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:27:y:1999:i:2:p:419-430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.