Innovation for the base of the pyramid: Critical perspectives from development studies on heterogeneity and participation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rufin Baghana & Pierre Mohnen, 2009.
"Effectiveness of R&D tax incentives in small and large enterprises in Québec,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 91-107, June.
- Baghana, Rufin & Mohnen, Pierre, 2009. "Effectiveness of R&D Tax Incentives in Small and Large Enterprises in Quebec," MERIT Working Papers 001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Rufin Baghana & Pierre Mohnen, 2009. "Effectiveness of R&D Tax Incentives in Small and Large Enterprises in Québec," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-01, CIRANO.
- Srijit Mishra, 2007.
"Agrarian Scenario in Post-reform India:A Story of Distress, Despair and Death,"
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Agrarian Scenario in Post-reform India - A Story of Distress, Despair and Death," Development Economics Working Papers 22338, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Agrarian scenario in post-reform India: A Story of distress, despair and death," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2007-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Deshpande, Ashwini, 2001. "Caste at Birth? Redefining Disparity in India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 130-144, February.
- Mishra, Srijit, 2008.
"Risks, Farmers’ Suicides and Agrarian Crisis in India: Is There a Way Out?,"
Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-17.
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Risks, farmers' suicides and agrarian crisis in India: Is there a way out?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2007-014, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Biggs, Stephen & Smith, Grant, 1998. "Beyond methodologies: Coalition-building for participatory technology development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 239-248, February.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2008. "India," Chapters,in: Handbook on the South Asian Economies, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ghazala Mansuri, 2004.
"Community-Based and -Driven Development: A Critical Review,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 1-39.
- Mansuri, Ghazala & Rao, Vijayendra, 2004. "Community-based (and driven) development : A critical review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3209, The World Bank.
- Erik Simanis & Stuart Hart & Duncan Duke, 2008. "The Base of the Pyramid Protocol: Beyond "Basic Needs" Business Strategies," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 3(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Jaiswal, A. K., 2007. "Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: An Alternative Perspective," IIMA Working Papers WP2007-07-13, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Blaikie, Piers & Brown, Katrina & Stocking, Michael & Tang, Lisa & Dixon, Peter & Sillitoe, Paul, 1997. "Knowledge in action: Local knowledge as a development resource and barriers to its incorporation in natural resource research and development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 217-237, October.
- Ashwini Deshpande, 2000. "Does Caste Still Define Disparity? A Look at Inequality in Kerala, India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 322-325, May.
- Ted London & Stuart L Hart, 2004. "Reinventing strategies for emerging markets: beyond the transnational model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 350-370, September.
- Geert Duysters & Jojo Jacob & Charmianne Lemmens & Yu Jintian, 2009. "Internationalization and technological catching up of emerging multinationals: a comparative case study of China's Haier group," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 325-349, April.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2009. "Introduction: The internationalization of Chinese and Indian firms: trends, motivations and strategy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 209-221, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:67:y:1973:i:03:p:799-816_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Risks, FarmersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Suicides and Agrarian Crisis in India - Is There A Way Out?," Development Economics Working Papers 22339, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2006. "Traditional Institutions Meet the Modern World: Caste, Gender, and Schooling Choice in a Globalizing Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1225-1252, September.
- Venu Menon, Sudha, 2006. "Globalisation, state and disempowerment: study of farmers suicide in Warangal," MPRA Paper 1633, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Dec 2006.
- K.N. Nair & Antonyto Paul & Vineetha Menon, 2007. "Livelihood risks and coping strategies: A Case study in the agrarian village of Cherumad, Kerala," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 394, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Rawal, Vikas, 2001. "Agrarian Reform and Land Markets: A Study of Land Transactions in Two Villages of West Bengal, 1977-1995," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(3), pages 611-629, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stoian, Dietmar & Donovan, Jason & Fisk, John & Muldoon, Michelle F., 2016. "Value-chain development for rural poverty reduction: A reality check and a warning," IFPRI book chapters,in: Innovation for inclusive value-chain development: Successes and challenges, chapter 2, pages 75-92 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hall, Andy & Clark, Norman & Frost, Andy, 2010. "Bottom-up, Bottom-line: Development-Relevant Enterprises in East Africa and their Significance for Agricultural Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 042, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Goel, Veena, 2011. "Trade induced growth impacts of corporate entry in the food sector: A case study of fruits and vegetables sub sector in the Punjab State of India," IAMO Forum 2011: Will the "BRICs Decade" Continue? – Prospects for Trade and Growth 24, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:227-239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vamsidhar Reddy, T.S. & Hall, Andy & Sulaiman V., Rasheed, 2010. "New Organisational and Institutional Vehicles for Managing Innovation in South Asia: Opportunities for Using Research for Technical Change and Social Gain," MERIT Working Papers 054, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Van den waeyenberg, Sofie & Hens, Luc, 2012. "Overcoming institutional distance: Expansion to base-of-the-pyramid markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(12), pages 1692-1699.
- Gulrajani, Nilima, 2013. "The Challenge Fund Aid Modality: Assessing the Potential for Tackling Gender Challenges in Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 043, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation and development; participation; poverty alleviation; TNCs;
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2009036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .