Innovation for the base of the pyramid: Critical perspectives from development studies on heterogeneity and participation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rufin Baghana & Pierre Mohnen, 2009.
"Effectiveness of R&D tax incentives in small and large enterprises in Québec,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 91-107, June.
- Baghana, Rufin & Mohnen, Pierre, 2009. "Effectiveness of R&D Tax Incentives in Small and Large Enterprises in Quebec," MERIT Working Papers 001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Rufin Baghana & Pierre Mohnen, 2009. "Effectiveness of R&D Tax Incentives in Small and Large Enterprises in Québec," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-01, CIRANO.
- Srijit Mishra, 2007.
"Agrarian Scenario in Post-reform India:A Story of Distress, Despair and Death,"
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Agrarian Scenario in Post-reform India - A Story of Distress, Despair and Death," Development Economics Working Papers 22338, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Agrarian scenario in post-reform India: A Story of distress, despair and death," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2007-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Deshpande, Ashwini, 2001. "Caste at Birth? Redefining Disparity in India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 130-144, February.
- Mishra, Srijit, 2008.
"Risks, Farmers’ Suicides and Agrarian Crisis in India: Is There a Way Out?,"
Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 63(1), pages 1-17.
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Risks, farmers' suicides and agrarian crisis in India: Is there a way out?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2007-014, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Biggs, Stephen & Smith, Grant, 1998. "Beyond methodologies: Coalition-building for participatory technology development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 239-248, February.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2008. "India," Chapters,in: Handbook on the South Asian Economies, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ghazala Mansuri, 2004.
"Community-Based and -Driven Development: A Critical Review,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 1-39.
- Mansuri, Ghazala & Rao, Vijayendra, 2004. "Community-based (and driven) development : A critical review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3209, The World Bank.
- Erik Simanis & Stuart Hart & Duncan Duke, 2008. "The Base of the Pyramid Protocol: Beyond "Basic Needs" Business Strategies," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 3(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Jaiswal, A. K., 2007. "Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: An Alternative Perspective," IIMA Working Papers WP2007-07-13, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Blaikie, Piers & Brown, Katrina & Stocking, Michael & Tang, Lisa & Dixon, Peter & Sillitoe, Paul, 1997. "Knowledge in action: Local knowledge as a development resource and barriers to its incorporation in natural resource research and development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 217-237, October.
- Ashwini Deshpande, 2000. "Does Caste Still Define Disparity? A Look at Inequality in Kerala, India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 322-325, May.
- Ted London & Stuart L Hart, 2004. "Reinventing strategies for emerging markets: beyond the transnational model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(5), pages 350-370, September.
- Geert Duysters & Jojo Jacob & Charmianne Lemmens & Yu Jintian, 2009. "Internationalization and technological catching up of emerging multinationals: a comparative case study of China's Haier group," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 325-349, April.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2009. "Introduction: The internationalization of Chinese and Indian firms: trends, motivations and strategy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 209-221, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:67:y:1973:i:03:p:799-816_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Risks, FarmersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Suicides and Agrarian Crisis in India - Is There A Way Out?," Development Economics Working Papers 22339, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2006. "Traditional Institutions Meet the Modern World: Caste, Gender, and Schooling Choice in a Globalizing Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1225-1252, September.
- Venu Menon, Sudha, 2006. "Globalisation, state and disempowerment: study of farmers suicide in Warangal," MPRA Paper 1633, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Dec 2006.
- K.N. Nair & Antonyto Paul & Vineetha Menon, 2007. "Livelihood risks and coping strategies: A Case study in the agrarian village of Cherumad, Kerala," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 394, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Rawal, Vikas, 2001. "Agrarian Reform and Land Markets: A Study of Land Transactions in Two Villages of West Bengal, 1977-1995," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(3), pages 611-629, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hall, Andy & Clark, Norman & Frost, Andy, 2010. "Bottom-up, Bottom-line: Development-Relevant Enterprises in East Africa and their Significance for Agricultural Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 042, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Vamsidhar Reddy, T.S. & Hall, Andy & Sulaiman V., Rasheed, 2010. "New Organisational and Institutional Vehicles for Managing Innovation in South Asia: Opportunities for Using Research for Technical Change and Social Gain," MERIT Working Papers 054, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Goel, Veena, 2011. "Trade induced growth impacts of corporate entry in the food sector: A case study of fruits and vegetables sub sector in the Punjab State of India," IAMO Forum 2011: Will the "BRICs Decade" Continue? – Prospects for Trade and Growth 24, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:227-239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van den waeyenberg, Sofie & Hens, Luc, 2012. "Overcoming institutional distance: Expansion to base-of-the-pyramid markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(12), pages 1692-1699.
- Gulrajani, Nilima, 2013. "The Challenge Fund Aid Modality: Assessing the Potential for Tackling Gender Challenges in Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 043, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Stoian, Dietmar & Donovan, Jason & Fisk, John & Muldoon, Michelle F., 2016. "Value-chain development for rural poverty reduction: A reality check and a warning," IFPRI book chapters,in: Innovation for inclusive value-chain development: Successes and challenges, chapter 2, pages 75-92 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation and development; participation; poverty alleviation; TNCs;
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PPM-2009-09-26 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2009036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.