Beyond methodologies: Coalition-building for participatory technology development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lele, Uma & Goldsmith, Arthur A, 1989. "The Development of National Agricultural Research Capacity: India's Experience with the Rockefeller Foundation and Its Significance for Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 305-343, January.
- Biggs, Stephen D., 1995. "Farming systems research and rural poverty: Relationships between context and content," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-174.
- Burmeister, Larry L, 1987. "The South Korean Green Revolution: Induced or Directed Innovation?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(4), pages 767-790, July.
- Biggs, Stephen D., 1990. "A multiple source of innovation model of agricultural research and technology promotion," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(11), pages 1481-1499, November.
- Grimble, Robin & Wellard, Kate, 1997. "Stakeholder methodologies in natural resource management: a review of principles, contexts, experiences and opportunities," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 173-193, October.
- Tendler, Judith, 1993. "Tales of dissemination in small-farm agriculture: Lessons for institution builders," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1567-1582, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laurens Klerkx & Andy Hall & Cees Leeuwis, 2009.
"Strengthening agricultural innovation capacity: are innovation brokers the answer?,"
International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(5/6), pages 409-438.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Hall, Andy & Leeuwis, Cees, 2009. "Strengthening Agricultural Innovation Capacity: Are Innovation Brokers the Answer?," MERIT Working Papers 019, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Raina, Rajeswari S. & Sangar, Sunita & Rasheed Sulaiman, V. & Hall, Andrew J., 2006. "The soil sciences in India: Policy lessons for agricultural innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 691-714, June.
- Hall, A., 2004. "New patterns of partnership in agricultural research in Africa: institutional lessons from SMIP," IWMI Working Papers H038337, International Water Management Institute.
- Lan Anh Hoang & Jean-Christophe Castella & Paul Novosad, 2006. "Social networks and information access: Implications for agricultural extension in a rice farming community in northern Vietnam," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 23(4), pages 513-527, December.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2008. "Institutionalizing end-user demand steering in agricultural R&D: Farmer levy funding of R&D in The Netherlands," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 460-472, April.
- Stür, Werner & Khanh, Truong Tan & Duncan, Alan, 2016. "Transformation of smallholder beef-cattle production in Vietnam," IFPRI book chapters,in: Innovation for inclusive value-chain development: Successes and challenges, chapter 6, pages 201-228 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xu, Xiuli & Li, Xiaoyun & Qi, Gubo & Tang, Lixia & Mukwereza, Langton, 2016. "Science, Technology, and the Politics of Knowledge: The Case of China’s Agricultural Technology Demonstration Centers in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 82-91.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Aarts, Noelle & Leeuwis, Cees, 2010. "Adaptive management in agricultural innovation systems: The interactions between innovation networks and their environment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(6), pages 390-400, July.
- Hall, Andrew & Rasheed Sulaiman, V. & Clark, Norman & Yoganand, B., 2003. "From measuring impact to learning institutional lessons: an innovation systems perspective on improving the management of international agricultural research," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 213-241, November.
- Geof Wood, 1999. "Contesting water in Bangladesh: knowledge, rights and governance," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 731-754.
- Sivamohan, M. V. K. & Scott, Christopher A., 2005. "Coalition-building for participatory irrigation management under changing water resource trends: reflections on the reforms in Andhra Pradesh, India," IWMI Books, Reports H044962, International Water Management Institute.
- Hall, Andrew & Bockett, Geoffrey & Taylor, Sarah & Sivamohan, M. V. K . & Clark, Norman, 2001. "Why Research Partnerships Really Matter: Innovation Theory, Institutional Arrangements and Implications for Developing New Technology for the Poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 783-797, May.
- Rupert Friederichsen & Thai Minh & Andreas Neef & Volker Hoffmann, 2013. "Adapting the innovation systems approach to agricultural development in Vietnam: challenges to the public extension service," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(4), pages 555-568, December.
- Hall, Andy & Sulaiman, Rasheed & Bezkorowajnyj, Peter, 2008. "Reframing technical change: Livestock Fodder Scarcity Revisited as Innovation Capacity Scarcity: Part 2. A Framework for Analysis," MERIT Working Papers 003, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Arora, Saurabh & Romijn, Henny, 2009. "Innovation for the base of the pyramid: Critical perspectives from development studies on heterogeneity and participation," MERIT Working Papers 036, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Omamo, S. W. & Lynam, J. K., 2003. "Agricultural science and technology policy in Africa," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1681-1694, October.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2008. "Matching demand and supply in the agricultural knowledge infrastructure: Experiences with innovation intermediaries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 260-276, June.
- Hall, Andy & Dijkman, Jeroen & Sulaiman, Rasheed, 2010. "Research Into Use: Investigating the Relationship between Agricultural Research and Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 044, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lewis, David, 1998. "Bridging the gap?: the parallel universes of the non-profit and non-governmental organisation research traditions and the changing context of voluntary action," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 29089, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:2:p:239-248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.