Agrarian scenario in post-reform India: A Story of distress, despair and death
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Agrarian Scenario in Post-reform India:A Story of Distress, Despair and Death," Working Papers id:1019, eSocialSciences.
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Agrarian Scenario in Post-reform India - A Story of Distress, Despair and Death," Development Economics Working Papers 22338, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Srijit Mishra & Manoj Panda, 2005. "Growth and poverty in Maharashtra," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2006-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Vamsi Vakulabharanam, 2005. "Growth and Distress in a South Indian Peasant Economy During the Era of Economic Liberalisation," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 971-997.
- Breman,Jan, 1996. "Footloose Labour," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521568241.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein & Clay, Daniel C., 2002. "Can Food-for-Work Programmes Reduce Vulnerability?," WIDER Working Paper Series 024, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Breman,Jan, 1996. "Footloose Labour," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521560832.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kakarlapudi, Kiran Kumar, 2012. "Agricultural Growth Deceleration In India: An Enquiry Into Possible Explanations," Journal of Regional Development and Planning, Rajarshi Majumder, vol. 1(1), pages 25-40.
- Srijit Mishra, 2009.
"Poverty and Agrarian Distress in Orissa,"
- Srijit Mishra, 2009. "Poverty and agrarian distress in Orissa," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2009-006, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Srijit Mishra, 2009. "Poverty and Agrarian Distress in Orissa," Development Economics Working Papers 22934, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kakarlapudi, Kiran Kumar, 2010. "Agricultural Growth Deceleration in India: A Review of Explanations," MPRA Paper 35865, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jan 2012.
- Mishra, Srijit, 2008.
"Risks, Farmers’ Suicides and Agrarian Crisis in India: Is There a Way Out?,"
Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-17.
- Srijit Mishra, 2007. "Risks, farmers' suicides and agrarian crisis in India: Is there a way out?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2007-014, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Arora, Saurabh & Romijn, Henny, 2009. "Innovation for the base of the pyramid: Critical perspectives from development studies on heterogeneity and participation," MERIT Working Papers 036, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Usha Sridhar & Sridhar Mandyam, 2010. "A Simulation Framework to Study Policy Formulation and Evaluation of Economic Viability and Sustainability of Small and Marginal Farmers," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 17(1), pages 27-62, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAgrarian crisis; agricultural indebtedness; farmers' suicides; employment programmes; value of output in agriculture;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2007-001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.