Information and Communication Technologies, Markets and Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lars-Hendrik Roller & Leonard Waverman, 2001.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 909-923, September.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Leonard Waverman, 1996. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Röller, Lars-Hendrik & Waverman, Leonard, 2000. "Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 2399, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hardy, Andrew P., 1980. "The role of the telephone in economic development," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 278-286, December.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gavian, Sarah, 1997. "The Determinants of Livestock Prices in Niger," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(2), pages 255-295, July.
- Engel, Charles & Rogers, John H, 1996.
"How Wide Is the Border?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1112-1125, December.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1994. "How Wide is the Border?," NBER Working Papers 4829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, C. & Rogers, J.H., 1995. "How Wide is the Border?," Papers 4-95-16, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1995. "How wide is the border?," Research Working Paper 95-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Charles Engel & John H. Rogers, 1995. "How wide is the border?," International Finance Discussion Papers 498, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Roberts, J. Timmons, 1995. "Trickling down and scrambling up: The informal sector, food provisioning and local benefits of the Carajas mining "Growth Pole" in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 385-400, March.
- Christopher L. Delgado, 1986. "A Variance Components Approach to Food Grain Market Integration in Northern Nigeria," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(4), pages 970-979.
- Breman,Jan, 1996. "Footloose Labour," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521568241, March.
- Norton, Seth W, 1992. "Transaction Costs, Telecommunications, and the Microeconomics of Macroeconomic Growth," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 175-196, October.
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1969. "Agricultural Product and Factor Markets in Southeast Asia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 501-519, July.
- van Raalte, Chris & Webers, Harry, 1998. "Spatial competition with intermediated matching," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 477-488, March.
- Meyer, Donald J, et al, 1992. "History's Role in Coordinating Decentralized Allocation Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 292-316, April.
- Hayami, Y. & Kikuchi, Masao & Marciano, E.B., 1999.
"Middlemen and peasants in rice marketing in the Philippines,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 20(2), March.
- Hayami, Y. & Kikuchi, M. & Marciano, E. B., 1999. "Middlemen and peasants in rice marketing in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 79-93, March.
- T. B. Palaskas & Barbara Harriss-White & Trevor Crowe, 1997. "POLICY ARENA The evolution of local market commodity price behaviour in South India, 1972-92," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 101-115.
- Antle, John M, 1983. "Infrastructure and Aggregate Agricultural Productivity: International Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 609-619, April.
- Breman,Jan, 1996. "Footloose Labour," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521560832, March.
- Martin Ravallion, 1986. "Testing Market Integration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(1), pages 102-109.
- Ariel Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1987. "Middlemen," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(3), pages 581-593.
- Minten, Bart & Kyle, Steven, 1999. "The effect of distance and road quality on food collection, marketing margins, and traders' wages: evidence from the former Zaire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 467-495, December.
- Craig L Infanger, 1993. "The Agrarian Origins of Commerce and Industry, A Study of Peasant Marketing in Indonesia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 35(2), pages 60-62, July.
- Shane M. Greenstein & Pablo T. Spiller, 1996. "Estimating the Welfare Effects of Digital Infrastructure," NBER Working Papers 5770, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Isard, Peter, 1977. "How Far Can We Push the "Law of One Price"?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 942-948, December.
- Badiane, Ousmane & Shively, Gerald E., 1998. "Spatial integration, transport costs, and the response of local prices to policy changes in Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 411-431, August.
- Gary Biglaiser, 1993. "Middlemen as Experts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(2), pages 212-223, Summer.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213-213.
- Li, Yiting, 1998. "Middlemen and private information," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 131-159, June.
- Geertz, Clifford, 1978. "The Bazaar Economy: Information and Search in Peasant Marketing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 28-32, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nirvikar Singh, 2004. "Information Technology and India’s Economic Development," Development and Comp Systems 0412007, EconWPA.
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2006.
"ICTs and rural development in India,"
1274, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2006. "ICTs and Rural Development in India," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8j01m41b, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Jensen, Robert T., 2009. "Information, Efficiency And Welfare In Agricultural Markets," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53206, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:ind:nipfwp:14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharan & Sridhar, Varadharajan, 2007.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Growth: Evidence From Developing Countries,"
Applied Econometrics and International Development,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 7(2), pages 37-56.
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam & Sridhar, Varadharajan, 2004. "Telecommunications infrastructure and economic growth: Evidence from developing countries," Working Papers 04/14, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Kala Seetharam Sridhar & Varadharajan Sridhar, 2009. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Growth: Evidence from Developing Countries," Working Papers id:2247, eSocialSciences.
- Chrisanti Avgerou & Claudio Ciborra & Antonio Cordella & Jannis Kallinikos & Matthew Smith, 2005. "The Role of Information and Communication Technology in Building Trust in Governance: Towards Effectiveness and Results," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 44538, February.
- Sanne Lise Blauw & Philip Hans Franses, 2011. "The Impact of Mobile Telephone Use on Economic Development of Households in Uganda," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-152/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kiiza, Barnabas & Pederson, Glenn, 2012. "ICT-based market information and adoption of agricultural seed technologies: Insights from Uganda," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 253-259.
- Ramos-Murillo, Erick & Kronberger, Benedikt, 2007. "Poverty and Banking Exclusion in Mexico: How can remittances and technology contribute to improve access?," MPRA Paper 60495, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaushik, P. D. & Singh, Nirvikar, 2004. "Information Technology and Broad-Based Development: Preliminary Lessons from North India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 591-607, April.
- repec:npf:wpaper:14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mailu, S.K, 2010. "'Mavenism' and 'innovativeness' among small ruminant keepers in Kenys'a Isiolo and Marsabit Districts," MPRA Paper 27091, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Nov 2010.
- Tara Mitchell, 2014. "Is Knowledge Power? Competition and Information in Agricultural Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp456, IIIS.
- repec:ucm:wpaper:01-07 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tuf:tuftec:0203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Caroline Kalogeropoulos). General contact details of provider: http://ase.tufts.edu/economics .