Middlemen and peasants in rice marketing in the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Hayami, Y. & Kikuchi, Masao & Marciano, E.B., 1999. "Middlemen and peasants in rice marketing in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 20(2), March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruttan, Vernon W, 1969. "Agricultural Product and Factor Markets in Southeast Asia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 501-519, July.
- Yujiro Hayami, 1996. "The Peasant in Economic Modernization," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1157-1167.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sen, Debapriya, 2011.
"A theory of sharecropping: The role of price behavior and imperfect competition,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 181-199.
- Sen, Debapriya, 2009. "A theory of sharecropping: the role of price behavior and imperfect competition," MPRA Paper 14898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sen, Debapriya, 2009. "A theory of sharecropping: the role of price behavior and imperfect competition," MPRA Paper 19021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bart Minten & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan Swinnen, 2011.
"Regulations, Brokers, and Interlinkages: The Institutional Organization of Wholesale Markets in India,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(7), pages 864-886, May.
- Bart Minten & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan F.M.Swinnen, 2011. "Regulations, brokers, and interlinkages: The institutional organization of wholesale markets in India," LICOS Discussion Papers 28811, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Minten, Bart J. & Legesse, Ermias & Beyene, Seneshaw & Werako, Tadesse, 2015. "Feeding Africa's cities: The case of the Supply Chain of Teff to Addis Ababa," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212465, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Higuchi, Yuki & Kajisa, Kei & Fuwa, Nobuhiko & Marciano, Esther B. & Estudillob, Jonna P., 2012. "The East Laguna Village: Four Decades of Studies in a Filipino Village," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 18, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Minten, Bart & Engida, Ermias & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2016. "How big are post-harvest losses in Ethiopia? Evidence from teff," ESSP working papers 93, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tiongco, Marites & Dawe, David, 2002. "Long-term Evolution of Productivity in a Sample of Philippine Rice Farms: Implications for Sustainability and Future Research," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 891-898, May.
- Minten, Bart & Tamru, Seneshaw & Engida, Ermias & Kuma, Tadesse, 2013.
"Using evidence in unraveling food supply chains in Ethiopia: The supply chain of teff from major production areas to Addis Ababa:,"
ESSP working papers
54, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minten, Bart & Tamru, Seneshaw & Engida, Ermias & Kuma, Tadesse, 2013. "Using Evidence in Unraveling Food Supply Chains in Ethiopia: The Supply Chain of Teff from Major Production Areas to Addis Ababa," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 159706, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Hoffmann, Irene & Bernhard, Judith, 2007. "Meat marketing in Burkina Faso after the devaluation of the FCFA: Insights into the functioning of informal market systems," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 229-245, April.
- Tara Mitchell, 2014. "Is Knowledge Power? Competition and Information in Agricultural Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp456, IIIS.
- Karen Eggleston & Robert Jensen & Richard Zeckhauser, 2002. "Information and Communication Technologies, Markets and Economic Development," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0203, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Dawe, David C. & Moya, Piedad F. & Casiwan, Cheryll B. & Cabling, Jesusa M., 2008. "Rice marketing systems in the Philippines and Thailand: Do large numbers of competitive traders ensure good performance?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 455-463, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:20:y:1999:i:2:p:79-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.