Growth of modern service providers for the African agricultural sector: An insight from a public irrigation scheme in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni & Minten, Bart, 2005.
"Increasing returns and market efficiency in agricultural trade,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 406-442, December.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Eleni Gabre-Madhin & Bart Minten, 2002. "Increasing Returns and Market Efficiency in Agricultural Trade," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-18, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Eleni Gabre-Madhin & Bart Minten, 2004. "Increasing Returns and Market Efficiency in Agricultural Trade," Development and Comp Systems 0409020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Minten, Bart, 2003. "Increasing returns and market efficiency in agricultural trade," MTID discussion papers 60, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Timothy N. Njeru & Yukichi Mano & Keijiro Otsuka, 2016.
"Role of Access to Credit in Rice Production in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Mwea Irrigation Scheme in Kenya,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 25(2), pages 300-321.
- Njeru, Timothy & Mano, Yukichi & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2015. "Role of Access to Credit in Rice Production in Sub Saharan Africa: The Case of Mwea Irrigation Scheme in Kenya," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212532, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Maitreesh Ghatak & Massimo Morelli & Tomas Sjöström, 2001. "Occupational Choice and Dynamic Incentives," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(4), pages 781-810.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Djato, Kouakou K., 1997. "Relative efficiency of women as farm managers: Profit function analysis in Cote d'Ivoire," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 47-53, March.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995.
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, "undated". "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Home Pages _068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hiroyuki Takeshima & Hyacinth O. Edeh & Akeem O. Lawal & Moshudi A. Isiaka, 2015. "Characteristics of Private-Sector Tractor Service Provisions: Insights from Nigeria," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 53(3), pages 188-217, September.
- Jin Yang & Zuhui Huang & Xiaobo Zhang & Thomas Reardon, 2013. "The Rapid Rise of Cross-Regional Agricultural Mechanization Services in China," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1245-1251.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2004. "A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Munshi, Kaivan, 2008. "Information Networks in Dynamic Agrarian Economies," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- repec:bla:agecon:v:48:y:2017:i:3:p:363-372 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Jimah, Kipo & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Diao, Xinshen & Funk, Rebecca Lee, 2013. "Dynamics of transformation: Insights from an exploratory review of rice farming in the Kpong irrigation project:," IFPRI discussion papers 1272, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Houssou, Nazaire & Kolavalli, Shashidhara, 2014. "Mechanization in Ghana: Emerging demand, and the search for alternative supply models," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 168-181.
- Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Haggblade, Steven, 2004. "Successes in African Agriculture: Results of an Expert Survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 745-766, May.
- David J. Lewis, 1996. "'Appropriating' technology? Tractor owners, brokers, artisans and farmers in rural Bangladesh," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 21-38.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:53:y:2017:i:9:p:1502-1517 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:52:y:2016:i:5:p:646-664 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hayami, Y. & Kikuchi, M. & Marciano, E. B., 1999. "Middlemen and peasants in rice marketing in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 79-93, March.
More about this item
KeywordsGHANA; WEST AFRICA; AFRICA SOUTH OF SAHARA; AFRICA; irrigation schemes; power tillers; combine harvesters; mills; agricultural sector; modern service providers; entry costs; rice;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-11-26 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .