1991, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 203-208 Union membership, collective bargaining coverage and the trade union mark-up for Britain
by Blackaby, D. H. & Murphy, P. D. & Sloane, P. J.
- 209-212 Does advance notice facilitate better job matches?
by Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro
- 213-218 Job requirements and the recruitment of new employees
by van Ours, Jan & Ridder, Geert
- 219-222 Dynamic labor demand with dual labor markets
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 223-226 City-suburb socioeconomic differences: evidence from the 1940 and 1950 census public use samples
by Margo, Robert A.
1991, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-3 Oligopolistic competition among groups
by Corchon, Luis C.
- 5-8 Who benefits from large rebates: Manufacturer, retailer or consumer?
by Gerstner, Eitan & Hess, James D.
- 9-15 Can evolutionary dynamics explain free riding in experiments?
by Miller, John H. & Andreoni, James
- 17-20 Resolving open questions on the [lambda]*-envy free criterion
by Kolpin, Van
- 21-24 On the rebustness of perfect equilibrium in fixed cost sequential bargaining under an isomorphic transformation
by Weg, Eythan & Zwick, Rami
- 25-29 Stable matchings and equilibrium outcomes of the Gale-Shapley's algorithm for the marriage problem
by Zhou, Lin
- 31-35 Optimal growth under uncertainty
by Russell, C. L.
- 37-41 The power of the Durbin-Watson test when the errors are heteroscedastic
by Giles, David E. A. & Small, John P.
- 43-48 Estimation of technical inefficiency in panel data models with firm- and time-specific effects
by Kumbhakar, Subal C.
- 49-54 A note on computing r-squared and adjusted r-squared for trending and seasonal data
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 55-60 A note on the stationarity of the primary commodities relative price index
by Helg, Rodolfo
- 61-66 Why did so many savings and loans go bankrupt?
by Williams, Michael A. & de Silva, Harindra & Koehn, Michael F. & Ornstein, Stanley I.
- 67-70 The irrelevance of detail in and computable general equilibrium model
by Fox, Tyler & Fullerton, Don
- 71-76 Intra-industry trade and protection : Which way does the causation go?
by Ratnayake, Ravindra & Jayasuriya, Sisira
- 77-79 Real exchange rates and divisia moments of world trade
by Manzur, Meher & Dongling, Chen & Clements, Kenneth W.
- 81-85 Measuring the impact of research and development on technological change : An application of Basmann-Hayes-Slottje's approach
by Andrikopoulos, Andreas A. & Brox, James A.
- 87-91 The impact of unionism on fringe benefit coverage
by Even, William E. & Macpherson, David A.
- 93-97 Statistical discrimination and competitive signalling
by Haagsma, Rein
- 99-103 Expectations on pension schemes under non-stationary conditions
by Verhoeven, Marijn J. M. & Verbon, Harrie A. A.
- 105-111 The Lorenz curve and the mobility function
by Basmann, R. L. & Hayes, K. J. & Slottje, D. J.
- 113-117 Are unemployment and out of the labor force behaviorally distinct labor force states? : New evidence from the gross change data
by Tano, Doki K.
1991, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 349-353 Coincidence probabilities for simple majority and proportional lottery rules
by Gehrlein, William V.
- 355-358 Finite complexity and the folk theorem in repeated games
by Chakrabarti, Subir K.
- 359-363 Discretion in reporting managerial performance
by Dye, Ronald A. & Magee, Robert P.
- 365-371 Optimal inspection interval in a search model
by Hahm, Sangmoon
- 373-377 Optimum subsidies for education in two-sector economies
by Kang, Johan Moonwon
- 379-383 Psychological features affecting valuation of life
by Savage, Ian
- 385-390 Dynamic efficiency of steady-state equilibria in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital
by Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E.
- 391-395 Impatience, impoverishment and risk
by Powell, John
- 397-400 Inflation--unemployment choices in New Zealand and the median voter theorem
by Smyth, David J. & Woodfield, Alan E.
- 401-407 The locally unbiased two-sided Durbin--Watson test
by Grose, Simone D. & King, Maxwell L.
- 409-413 Are different vintages of data on the components of GDP co-integrated? : Some evidence for the United Kingdom
by Patterson, K. D. & Heravi, S. M.
- 415-421 Optimal maturity of nominal government debt : The first tests
by Calvo, Guillermo A. & Guidotti, Pablo E. & Leiderman, Leonardo
- 423-428 Distributional considerations of producers' profit in a commodity tax design problem
by Iwamoto, Yasushi & Konishi, Hideo
- 429-433 Capital inflows and economic welfare for a small open economy with variable returns to scale
by Ishikawa, Jota
- 435-439 Estimates of a traditional aggregate import demand model for five countries
by Asseery, A. & Peel, D. A.
- 441-444 The formation of stock return volatility expectations after the 1987 stock market crash
by Levy, Haim & Yoder, James
- 445-449 Capital depreciation, shadow prices, and financial asset values
by Chirinko, Robert S.
- 451-455 Testing the warrant pricing model
by Lim, Kian-Guan & Phoon, Kok-Fai
- 457-460 Using an upper bound on stand-alone cost in tests of cross subsidy
by Palmer, Karen
- 461-464 Involuntary part-time employment : Cyclical behavior and trend over 1968-1987
by Ratti, Ronald A.
- 465-468 An inequality interpretation of the degree of dependence among inputs, outputs, and consumer goods
by Theil, Henri
1991, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 233-237 Hypergraph conflict analysis
by van Gastel, M. A. J. J. & Paelinck, J. H. P.
- 239-242 The value of public information in majority decisions
by Gersbach, Hans
- 243-248 Protecting the winner : Second-price versus oral auctions
by Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard & Kahn, Charles M.
- 249-252 Asymmetric bidding in second-price, common-value auctions
by Harstad, Ronald M.
- 253-256 On the theory of repeated games with private information : Part I: anti-folk theorem without communication
by Matsushima, Hitoshi
- 257-261 On the theory of repeated games with private information : Part II: revelation through communication
by Matsushima, Hitoshi
- 263-266 The disparity between willingness to pay and compensation demanded : Another look at laboratory evidence
by Singh, Harinder
- 267-271 Communication and superior cooperation in two-player normal form games
by Watson, Joel
- 273-277 Unit roots and seasonal unit roots in macroeconomic time series : Canadian evidence
by Lee, Hahn Shik & Siklos, Pierre L.
- 279-284 Identifying and estimating efficient markets models with contemporaneous instruments
by Ambler, Steve
- 285-290 Over-rejections in rational expectations models : A non-parametric approach to the Mankiw-Shapiro problem
by Campbell, Bryan & Dufour, Jean-Marie
- 291-295 Extensions of the Hansen-Sargent prediction formulas to sampled and aggregated data
by Kasa, Kenneth
- 301-305 Economic determinants of trading volume in futures markets
by Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L.
- 307-310 The relationship between on-budget and off-budget government
by Joulfaian, David & Marlow, Michael L.
- 311-315 Testing the endogeneity of tariff policy in the U.S. : Further evidence
by Bohara, Alok K. & Kaempfer, William H.
- 317-322 Some evidence on the efficiency of the sterling-dollar and sterling-franc forward exchange rates in the interwar period
by Byers, J. D. & Peel, D. A.
- 323-326 Innovation, firm size and corporate finance : An initial inquiry
by Acs, Zoltan J. & Isberg, Steven C.
- 327-332 Taxable and tax-exempt interest rates : The link with inflation
by Hein, Scott E. & Mercer, Jeffrey M.
- 333-338 The impact of asymmetric information on entry deterrence: An example
by Mailath, George J.
- 339-342 Are new firms an important source of innovation? : Evidence from the PC software industry
by Prusa, Thomas J. & Schmitz, James Jr.
- 343-348 Labor force participation in an LDC
by Canlas, Dante B.
1991, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 117-122 Bubbles and inefficiencies
by Bertocchi, Graziella
- 123-129 On the specification of accelerator coefficients in dynamic factor demand models
by Prucha, Ingmar R. & Ishaq Nadiri, M.
- 131-136 Government purchases and real interest rates with endogenous time preference
by Devereux, Michael B.
- 137-141 Human capital investment in wealth-constrained families with two-sided altruism
by Rangazas, Peter
- 143-147 The important econometric features of a linear regression model with cross-correlated random coefficients
by Conway, Karen Smith & Kniesner, Thomas J.
- 149-153 Artificial regressions and C ([alpha]) tests
by Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G.
- 155-160 On the power of Dickey-Fuller tests against fractional alternatives
by Diebold, Francis X. & Rudebusch, Glenn D.
- 161-165 Instrument choice and tests for a unit root
by Hall, Alastair & Hassett, Kevin
- 167-171 Efficiency bound calculations for a time series model, with conditional heteroskedasticity
by Heaton, John C. & Ogaki, Masao
- 173-177 On BLU-estimation with data of different periodicity
by Lucke, Bernd
- 179-185 Generalized instrumental variables estimation of autoregressive conditional heteroskedastic models
by Rich, Robert W. & Raymond, Jennie & Butler, J. S.
- 187-191 On Wiener-Granger causality, information and canonical correlation
by Otter, Pieter W.
- 193-199 Simple rules to order irreversible income alternatives sequentially
by Olsen, Trond E. & Stensland, Gunnar
- 201-207 The Marshall-Lerner condition reconsidered
by Ide, Toyonari & Takayama, Akira
- 209-214 On the instability of financial patterns of failed firms and the predictability of corporate failure
by Martikainen, Teppo & Ankelo, Timo
- 215-219 Debt-equity choice under asymmetric information and taxes
by Kale, Jayant R. & Noe, Thomas H.
- 221-226 The predictive power of January returns in foreign and domestic markets
by Chang, Eric C. & Pinegar, J. Michael
- 227-231 Market structure and the empirical specification of profit margins
by Conyon, M. & Machin, S.
1991, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-4 Finitely optimal allocation in countably large-square exchange economies
by Laine, Jean
- 5-8 Uninformed customers and nonprofit organization : Modelling 'contract failure' theory
by Chillemi, Ottorino & Gui, Benedetto
- 9-16 Why real wages do not fall when there is unemployment
by Holmes, James M. & Dowd, Mike & Black, David C.
- 17-20 Moral hazard and cooperation
by Macho-Stadler, Ines & Perez-Castrillo, J. David
- 21-25 On hoarding in contract theory
by Yaari, Varda (Lewinstein)
- 27-30 Equilibrium misperceptions
by Gaynor, Martin & Kleindorfer, Paul
- 31-33 A note on testing for switching regressions
by Phillips, Robert F.
- 39-44 Factoring spectral matrices in linear-quadratic models
by Ball, J. A. & Taub, B.
- 45-50 A random coefficient qualitative choice model of telecommunications demand : Results and conjectures
by Gatto, Joseph & Kelejian, Harry & Stephan, Scott
- 51-56 Positioning banks for acquisitions : A research note
by Prasad, Rose M. & Melnyk, Z. Lew
- 57-61 Optimal public good provision in the Ramsey tax model : A generalization
by Douglas Wilson, John
- 63-70 Target zone exchange rate
by Razzak, W. A.
- 71-78 Taxation of foreign capital and the optimum tariff
by Tsaur, Tien-wang & Chu, Mei-Lie
- 79-84 Exchange rate pass-through : The case of Korean exports of manufactures
by Athukorala, Premachandra
- 85-88 Price elasticities for residential demand for telephone calling time : An estimate on Swedish data
by Lang, Harald & Lundgren, Stefan
- 89-93 The role of employers' authority when jobs are partially enforceable
by Mori, Pier Angelo
- 95-98 The relative effects of unemployment insurance parameters on search strategy
by Hotchkiss, Julie L.
- 99-103 Investment, profit-sharing and the degree of centralization
by Palokangas, Tapio
- 105-110 Cross-sectional versus panel estimates of union wage effects : Evidence from PSID
by Wunnava, Phanindra V. & Okunade, Albert A.
- 111-116 An error correction system for integrated consumption and portfolio allocation decisions
by Patterson, K. D.
1990, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 311-316 Minimal cooperation in bargaining
by Chun, Youngsub
- 317-321 Additive non-transitive preferences
by Fishburn, Peter C.
- 323-328 A multiple-object auction with superadditive values
by Gale, Ian
- 329-332 Contractual delay and efficiency in delegation games : Two-principal case
by Kambe, Shinsuke & Matsushima, Hitoshi
- 333-337 Shock persistence and the measurement of prewar output series
by Jaeger, Albert
- 339-343 Testing for the correct error term distribution : A simple two-step test
by Hofler, Richard A. & Spector, Lee C.
- 345-350 Some evidence on the accuracy of Phillips-Perron tests using alternative estimates of nuisance parameters
by Kim, Kiwhan & Schmidt, Peter
- 351-356 Does correcting for heteroscedasticity help?
by Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 357-361 Tax arbitrage and the redistributive properties of progressive income taxation
by Agell, Jonas & Persson, Mats
- 363-368 Entering a preannounced currency band
by Ichikawa, Masaki & Miller, Marcus & Sutherland, Alan
- 369-373 Optimality of coupon-bearing debt under asymmetric information
by De, Sankar & Kale, Jayant R.
- 375-379 The fleeting effect of advertising : Empirical evidence from a case study
by Boyd, Roy & Seldon, Barry J.
- 381-385 The effect of conviction on the legitimate income of criminals
by Lott, John Jr.
- 387-391 Further evidence on the job search theory
by Groot, Wim
1990, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 205-209 Second-best subsidies in monopolistic competition
by Costrell, Robert M.
- 211-214 Market power and the institutional asymmetry of the posted offer trading institution
by Davis, Douglas D. & Williams, Arlington W.
- 215-220 Optimal sales to users who hold inventory
by Glazer, Amihai & Hassin, Refael
- 221-226 Monotonicity of solutions in certain dynamic cooperative games
by Rosenthal, Edward C.
- 227-229 On the non existence of envy-free and egalitarian-equivalent allocations in economies with indivisibilities
by Thomson, William
- 231-235 Consumption and asset returns under non-expected utility : Some new evidence
by Bufman, Gil & Leiderman, Leonardo
- 237-239 Revelation in informational dynamic settings
by Verde, Roberto Burguet
- 241-244 Is the Allais paradox robust to a seemingly trivial change of frame?
by Carlin, Paul S.
- 245-248 Long-term partnership in a repeated prisoner's dilemma with random matching
by Matsushina, Hitoshi
- 249-253 A state space representation of sequential estimators
by Ambler, Steve
- 255-259 Cointegration and I(0) measurement error bias
by Fischer, Andreas M.
- 261-265 Bootstrap tests for generalized least squares regression models
by Rayner, Robert K.
- 267-270 On the estimation of a fixed effects model with selectivity bias
by Verbeek, Marno
- 271-275 Exchange rates and the trade balance : Some evidence from developing countries
by Rose, Andrew K.
- 277-283 Market structure, incentive to patent and the pace of innovation
by Pil Choi, Jay
- 285-288 Non-permanent jobs and search theory
by Van Ophem, Hans
- 289-294 Placement service and offer arrival rates
by Ebmer, Rudolf
- 295-300 English language proficiency and the economic progress of immigrants
by Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L.
- 301-306 Heterogeneous matching, mismatch and the macro U-V curve
by Brunello, Giorgio
1990, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 105-107 A note on the strategic transmission of endogenous information
by De Groote, Xavier
- 109-112 Dominant strategy mechanisms with mutually payoff-relevant private information and with public information
by Matsushima, Hitoshi
- 113-116 How big is the random walks in macroeconomic time series : Variance ratio tests
by Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L.
- 117-120 Seasonal unit-root tests on Canadian macroeconomic time series
by Otto, Glenn & Wirjanto, Tony
- 127-129 GAITL: A generalised version of the almost ideal and translog demand systems
by Bollino, Carlo Andrea & Violi, Roberto
- 131-135 Specification errors and the Chow test : An alternative view
by Burrows, Peter M. & Cantrell, R. Stephen
- 137-141 The conditional logit estimator for unequal panels
by Das, Sanghamitra
- 143-146 A computational algorithm for multiple equation models with panel data
by Kinal, Terrence & Lahiri, Kajal
- 147-150 Choosing among multiple nonlinear non-nested regression models with different dependent variables : An application to money demand
by Smith, Marlene A. & Smyth, David J.
- 151-155 A note on the Lagrange multiplier and F-statistics for two stage least squares regressions
by Wooldridge, Jeffrey M.
- 157-162 The informational efficiency of the stock market : The international evidence of 1921-1930
by Jeng, Chyong-Chiou & Butler, J. S. & Liu, Jin-Tan
- 163-168 Examining statistical differences between using returns and yields to maturity in bond market event studies
by Swidler, Steve
- 169-173 The effect of federal deficits and debt on the tax-adjusted, short-term, real interest rate
by Allen, Stuart D.
- 175-181 Do general and firm-specific employer payroll taxes have the same incidence? : Theory and evidence
by Vaillancourt, Francois & Marceau, Nicolas
- 183-189 Tax-induced bias in forward rates, term premiums, and the term structure of interest rates
by Kim, Seokchin
- 191-195 Male/female earnings differentials and the measurement of skills
by Myatt, Antony & Murrell, David
- 197-202 Consumption and transitory income : An estimation on a panel of French data
by Gardes, F. & Madre, J. L.
1990, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-4 The global correspondence principle
by Kemp, Murray C. & Kimura, Yoshio & Tawada, Makoto
- 5-9 A feasible Nash implementation of Walrasian equilibria in the two-agent economy
by Nakamura, Shinsuke
- 11-14 Profit sharing and work sharing
by Hart, R. A.
- 15-19 Impossibility results with resoluteness
by Kelly, Jerry S. & Hall, Maxwell
- 21-25 Quantifying the Allais paradox : Risk aversion and eccentricity in weighted linear utility
by Hess, James D. & Holthausen, Duncan Jr.
- 27-32 Preliminary-test estimation of the standard error of estimate in linear regression
by Clarke, Judith A.
- 33-35 Cointegrating exogeneity
by Hunter, J.
- 37-42 A chi-square test for a unit root
by Kahn, James A. & Ogaki, Masao
- 43-48 CORE: For decision models under uncertainty
by Ramamohan Rao, T. V. S. & Singh, Saraswati P.
- 49-53 Testing the replication hypothesis : When the data set is subject to gross error
by Levy, David M. & Feigenbaum, Susan
- 55-59 A test of the arbitrage pricing theory using accounting information
by Martikainen, Teppo & Yli-Olli, Paavo
- 61-65 Tax-based incomes policies and productivity deals
by Johnes, Geraint
- 67-71 Export composition and the impact of exports on economic growth of developing economies
by Fosu, Augustin Kwasi
- 73-75 Unions, taxes and the structure of multinational enterprises
by Huizinga, Harry
- 77-82 An empirical analysis of a firm's decision to franchise
by Minkler, Alanson P.
- 83-88 Estimating seat belt effectiveness with seat belt usage data from the Centers for Disease Control
by Garbacz, Christopher
- 89-92 Labor supply, unemployment benefits in an open economy model of interwar Britain
by Sen, Partha
- 93-97 An international comparison of sector wage differentials
by Wagner, Joachim
- 99-104 On the penalties for unfair labor practices : An econometric analysis
by Das, Sanghamitra
1990, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 301-308 Variable returns to scale and the global correspondence principle in the theory of international trade
by Ide, Toyonari & Takayama, Akira
- 309-314 A time-varying model of rational learning
by Margaritis, Dimitris
- 315-317 Transitivity and consistency
by Baigent, Nick
- 319-323 Common agency with adverse selection : Existence, uniqueness, and efficiency of separation equilibrium
by Berkok, Ugurhan G.
- 325-328 Steady-state productivity relationships : Estimation and some implications
by Byers, J. D.
- 329-332 A simple test for exogeneity in probit, logit, and poisson regression models
by Grogger, Jeffrey
- 333-336 Global asymptotic stability of non-linear difference : Equations with non-differentiable functions
by Szidarovszky, Ferenc
- 337-340 On the decomposition and normalization of interindustry linkages
by Clements, Benedict J.
- 341-345 A note on the efficiency of the London metal exchange
by Sephton, Peter S. & Cochrane, Donald K.
- 347-351 Temporary trade taxes, welfare and the current account
by Lopez, Ramon & Panagariya, Arvind
- 353-357 Efficiency wages and currency devaluation
by Lai, Ching-chong
- 359-362 How mobile is capital in developing countries?
by Ul Haque, Nadeem & Montiel, Peter J.
- 363-367 Optional time-of-use pricing can be pareto superior or pareto inferior
by Mackie-mason, Jeffrey K.
- 369-373 A new test of the price-concentration relationship in grocery retailing
by Newmark, Craig M.
- 375-383 Regulatory policies in markets for delicate medical procedures
by Krishnan, Murugappa & Roller, Lars-Hendrik
- 385-388 Imperfect information and wage flexibility
by Bell, Linda A. & Gerlach, Stefan
- 389-394 Quits, layoffs and contracts on sharing investments in specific human capital
by Lam, Kit-Chun & Liu, Pak-Wai
- 395-399 Multivariate exogeneity tests and poverty : Some evidence on the perception of poverty
by Hayes, Kathy & Slottje, D. J. & Nieswiadomy, Michael
1990, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 203-206 Equilibrium in abstract economies with a non-compact infinite dimensional strategy space, an infinite number of agents and without ordered preferences
by Tian, Guoqiang
- 207-210 The welfare implications of collusive duopoly
by Rees, Ray
- 211-215 The inverse problem of asset price under non-expected utility
by Wang, Susheng
- 217-222 A refinement and extension of the no-envy concept
by Diamantaras, Dimitrios & Thomson, William
- 223-227 Principals and agents : Does the assignment of information matter?
by Nelson, Julianne
- 229-232 On the regulation of procurement bids
by Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard
- 233-238 On debt neutrality in life-cycle models
by Lopez-Garcia, Miguel-Angel