Unemployment and entrepreneurship: A cyclical relation?
This paper presents a cyclical model for unemployment and entrepreneurship. The estimated periodicity of the cycles for the US, the UK, Spain and Ireland is between 5 and 10Â years, and the orders of integration are smaller (greater) than 1 if the underlying disturbances are autocorrelated (white noise), corresponding to dampen cycles (limit cycle).
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dalla, Violetta & Hidalgo, Javier, 2005.
"A parametric bootstrap test for cycles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 219-261.
- Schinasi, Garry J, 1981.
"A Nonlinear Dynamic Model of Short Run Fluctuations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 649-56, October.
- Garry J. Schinasi, 1979. "A nonlinear dynamic model of short run fluctuations," Special Studies Papers 135, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Joao Ricardo Faria & Juan Carlos Cuestas & Estefania Mourelle, 2008.
"Entrepreneurship and unemployment: a nonlinear bidirectional causality,"
2008/6, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Faria, João Ricardo & Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Mourelle, Estefanía, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and unemployment: A nonlinear bidirectional causality?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1282-1291, September.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-27, August.
- Bierens, Herman J., 2001.
"Complex Unit Roots And Business Cycles: Are They Real?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(05), pages 962-983, October.
- Herman J. Bierens, 2000. "Complex Unit Roots and Business Cycles: Are They Real?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0197, Econometric Society.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:105:y:2009:i:3:p:318-320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.