Unemployment and entrepreneurship: a cyclical relationship?
This paper presents a cyclical model for unemployment and entrepreneurship. The estimated periodicity of the cycles for the US, the UK, Spain and Ireland is between 5 and 10 years, and the orders of integration are smaller (greater) than 1 if the underlying disturbances are autocorrelated (white noise), corresponding to dampen cycles (limit cycle).
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Bierens, Herman J., 2001.
"Complex Unit Roots And Business Cycles: Are They Real?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(05), pages 962-983, October.
- Herman J. Bierens, 2000. "Complex Unit Roots and Business Cycles: Are They Real?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0197, Econometric Society.
- Dalla, Violetta & Hidalgo, Javier, 2005. "A parametric bootstrap test for cycles," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6829, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ignacio N. Lobato & Peter M. Robinson, 1998. "A Nonparametric Test for I(0)," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 475-495.
- Dalla, Violetta & Hidalgo, Javier, 2005. "A parametric bootstrap test for cycles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 219-261.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000. "Business start-ups by the unemployed -- an econometric analysis based on firm data," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 629-663, September.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 1998. "Business Start-ups by the Unemployed - an Econometric Analysis Based on Firm Data," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Garry J. Schinasi, 1981. "A Nonlinear Dynamic Model of Short Run Fluctuations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(4), pages 649-656.
- Garry J. Schinasi, 1979. "A nonlinear dynamic model of short run fluctuations," Special Studies Papers 135, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbs:wpaper:2008/2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simeon Coleman)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.