Unemployment and entrepreneurship: a cyclical relationship?
This paper presents a cyclical model for unemployment and entrepreneurship. The estimated periodicity of the cycles for the US, the UK, Spain and Ireland is between 5 and 10 years, and the orders of integration are smaller (greater) than 1 if the underlying disturbances are autocorrelated (white noise), corresponding to dampen cycles (limit cycle).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bierens, Herman J., 2001.
"Complex Unit Roots And Business Cycles: Are They Real?,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(05), pages 962-983, October.
- Herman J. Bierens, 2000. "Complex Unit Roots and Business Cycles: Are They Real?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0197, Econometric Society.
- Dalla, Violetta & Hidalgo, Javier, 2005. "A parametric bootstrap test for cycles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1-2), pages 219-261.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Ignacio N. Lobato & Peter M. Robinson, 1998. "A Nonparametric Test for I(0)," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 475-495.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000.
"Business start-ups by the unemployed -- an econometric analysis based on firm data,"
Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 629-663, September.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 1998. "Business Start-ups by the Unemployed - an Econometric Analysis Based on Firm Data," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Violetta Dalla & Javier Hidalgo, 2005. "A parametric bootstrap test for cycles," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6829, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Garry J. Schinasi, 1979.
"A nonlinear dynamic model of short run fluctuations,"
Special Studies Papers
135, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Garry J. Schinasi, 1981. "A Nonlinear Dynamic Model of Short Run Fluctuations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(4), pages 649-656.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbs:wpaper:2008/2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simeon Coleman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.