Raising salary or redistributing it: A panel analysis of Major League Baseball
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Erkan Erdil & I. Hakan Yetkiner, 2004. "A Panel Data Approach for Income-Health Causality," Working Papers FNU-47, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2004.
- Stephen Hall & Stefan Szymanski & Andrew S. Zimbalist, 2002. "Testing Causality Between Team Performance and Payroll," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 149-168, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Saumitra N. Bhaduri & S. Raja Sethu Durai, 2006. "Empirical relationship between the dividend and investment decision: do emerging market firms behave differently?," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 155-158, May.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Wen-Jhan Jane & Gee San & Yi-Pey Ou, 2009. "The Causality between Salary Structures and Team Performance: A Panel Analysis in a Professional Baseball League," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 4(2), pages 136-150, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ver:wpaper:12/2012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Breunig & Bronwyn Garrett-Rumba & Mathieu Jardin & Yvon Rocaboy, 2014.
"Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 271-281, January.
- Robert Breunig & Bronwyn Garrett-Rumba & Mathieu Jardin & Yvon Rocaboy, 2012. "Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball," CEPR Discussion Papers 663, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Robert Breunig & Bronwyn Garrett-Rumba & Mathieu Jardin & Yvon Rocaboy, 2014. "Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball," Post-Print halshs-00875499, HAL.
- Tao, Yu-Li & Chuang, Hwei-Lin & Lin, Eric S., 2016. "Compensation and performance in Major League Baseball: Evidence from salary dispersion and team performance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 151-159.
- Kniffin, Kevin M. & Mihalek, Vince, 2014. "Within-series momentum in hockey: No returns for running up the score," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 122(3), pages 400-402.
- Le Maux, Benoit & Rocaboy, Yvon, 2012.
"A simple microfoundation for the utilization of fragmentation indexes to measure the performance of a team,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 491-493.
- Benoît Le Maux & Yvon Rocaboy, 2011. "A simple microfoundation for the utilization of fragmentation indexes to measure the performance of a team," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2011-02-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy.
- Benoît Le Maux & Yvon Rocaboy, 2012. "A simple microfoundation for the utilization of fragmentation indexes to measure the performance of a team," Post-Print halshs-00703598, HAL.
- Jye-Shyan Wang & Chih-Fu Cheng & Wen-Jhan Jane, 2014. "Buying success or redistributing payment: bidirectional causality in Korean Professional Baseball League," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 4(2), pages 247-260, December.
- Takuma Kamada & Hajime Katayama, 2014. "Team performance and within-team salary disparity: an analysis of nippon professional baseball," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 144-151.
More about this item
KeywordsEquity theory Panel Granger Causality test Revenue sharing Salary regulation Tournament theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:107:y:2010:i:2:p:297-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .