Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Breunig & Bronwyn Garrett-Rumba & Mathieu Jardin & Yvon Rocaboy, 2014. "Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 271-281, January.
- Robert Breunig & Bronwyn Garrett-Rumba & Mathieu Jardin & Yvon Rocaboy, 2014. "Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball," Post-Print halshs-00875499, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Levine, David I., 1991.
"Cohesiveness, productivity, and wage dispersion,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 237-255, March.
- Levine, David, 1989. "Cohesiveness, Productivity, and Wage Dispersion," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt8kd4d0p4, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1989. "Pay Equality and Industrial Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 561-580, June.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-930, December.
- Donald Richards & Robert Guell, 1998. "Baseball success and the structure of salaries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(5), pages 291-296.
- DepkenII, Craig A., 2000. "Wage disparity and team productivity: evidence from major league baseball," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 87-92, April.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996. "Contest success functions (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Jane, Wen-Jhan, 2010. "Raising salary or redistributing it: A panel analysis of Major League Baseball," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 297-299, May.
- Simmons, Rob & Berri, David J., 2011. "Mixing the princes and the paupers: Pay and performance in the National Basketball Association," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 381-388, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Papahristodoulou, Christos, 2012. "A NLIP Model on Wage Dispersion and Team Performance," MPRA Paper 39149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tao, Yu-Li & Chuang, Hwei-Lin & Lin, Eric S., 2016. "Compensation and performance in Major League Baseball: Evidence from salary dispersion and team performance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 151-159.
- Frank TENKORANG & Bree L. DORITY & Eddery LAM, 2014. "Nba Endgame: Do Salaries Matter?," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 14, pages 51-62, December.
- Caruso, Raul & Carlo, Bellavite Pellegrini & Marco, Di Domizio, 2016. "Does diversity in the payroll affect soccer teams’ performance? Evidence from the Italian Serie A," MPRA Paper 75644, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:36:y:2018:i:1:p:192-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fullerton, Steven L. & Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Walke, Adam G., 2014. "An Econometric Analysis of the 2013 Major League Baseball Season," MPRA Paper 59593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Mar 2014.
More about this item
Keywordswage dispersion; labor economics; sports economics; baseball; ability; effort;
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2012-04-03 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2012-04-03 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-04-03 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-SPO-2012-04-03 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:auu:dpaper:663. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cpanuau.html .