Wage disparity and team productivity: evidence from major league baseball
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- George A. Akerlof & Janet L. Yellen, 1990. "The Fair Wage-Effort Hypothesis and Unemployment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 255-283.
- Levine, David I., 1991.
"Cohesiveness, productivity, and wage dispersion,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 237-255, March.
- Levine, David, 1989. "Cohesiveness, Productivity, and Wage Dispersion," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt8kd4d0p4, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Drahozal, Christopher R., 1986. "The impact of free agency on the distribution of playing talent in major league baseball," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 113-121, May.
- Craig Depken, 1999.
"Free-Agency and the Competitiveness of Major League Baseball,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 14(3), pages 205-217, May.
- Craig A. Depken II, 1996. "Free-Agency and the Competitiveness of Major-League Baseball," Industrial Organization 9610001, EconWPA, revised 04 Nov 1996.
- Akerlof, George A & Yellen, Janet L, 1988. "Fairness and Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 44-49, May.
- Ramaswamy, Ramana & Rowthorn, Robert E, 1991. "Efficiency Wages and Wage Dispersion," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 501-514, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Breunig & Bronwyn Garrett-Rumba & Mathieu Jardin & Yvon Rocaboy, 2014.
"Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 271-281, January.
- Robert Breunig & Bronwyn Garrett-Rumba & Mathieu Jardin & Yvon Rocaboy, 2012. "Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball," CEPR Discussion Papers 663, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Robert Breunig & Bronwyn Garrett-Rumba & Mathieu Jardin & Yvon Rocaboy, 2014. "Wage dispersion and team performance: a theoretical model and evidence from baseball," Post-Print halshs-00875499, HAL.
- Le Maux, Benoit & Rocaboy, Yvon, 2012.
"A simple microfoundation for the utilization of fragmentation indexes to measure the performance of a team,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 491-493.
- Benoît Le Maux & Yvon Rocaboy, 2011. "A simple microfoundation for the utilization of fragmentation indexes to measure the performance of a team," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2011-02-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy.
- Benoît Le Maux & Yvon Rocaboy, 2012. "A simple microfoundation for the utilization of fragmentation indexes to measure the performance of a team," Post-Print halshs-00703598, HAL.
- Kampkötter, Patrick & Sliwka, Dirk, 2011. "Differentiation and Performance: An Empirical Investigation on the Incentive Effects of Bonus Plans," IZA Discussion Papers 6070, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kostas Kounetas, 2014. "Greek football clubs’ efficiency before and after Euro 2004 Victory: a bootstrap approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 22(4), pages 623-645, December.
- Koop G., 2002.
"Comparing the Performance of Baseball Players: A Multiple-Output Approach,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 710-720, September.
- Gary Koop, 2001. "Comparing the Performance of Baseball Players: A Multiple Output Approach," ESE Discussion Papers 72, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007.
"Wage Dispersion and Team Performance - An Empirical Panel Analysis,"
0073, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007. "Wage Dispersion and Team Performance - An Empirical Panel Analysis," Working Papers 0017, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA).
- Kevin Kniffin, 2009. "Evolutionary perspectives on salary dispersion within firms," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 23-42, April.
- Julia Müller & Thorsten Upmann & Joachim Prinz, 2013. "Individual Team Productivity - A Conceptual Approach," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-183/I, Tinbergen Institute.
- Nils Braakmann, 2008. "Intra-firm wage inequality and firm performance – First evidence from German linked employer-employee-data," Working Paper Series in Economics 77, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005.
"La dispersion salariale stimule-t-elle la performance d'une firme ?,"
Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 63-70.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005. "La dispersion salariale stimule-t-elle la performance d'une firme?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8741, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005. "La dispersion salariale stimule-t-elle la performance d'une firme?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7846, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Fullerton, Steven L. & Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Walke, Adam G., 2014. "An Econometric Analysis of the 2013 Major League Baseball Season," MPRA Paper 59593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Mar 2014.
- David Berri & R. Jewell, 2004. "Wage inequality and firm performance: Professional basketball's natural experiment," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 32(2), pages 130-139, June.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jie Yang, 2014. "Peer Enforcement in Teams: Evidence from High-Skill Professional Workers with Repeated Interactions," Working Papers 14-24, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Craig A. Depken, II & Lisa E. Haglund, 2011.
"Peer Effects in Team Sports: Empirical Evidence From NCAA Relay Teams,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 12(1), pages 3-19, February.
- Craig A. Depken, II & Lisa E. Haglund, 2007. "Peer Effects in Team Sports: Empirical Evidence from NCAA Relay Teams," Working Papers 0729, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Alessandro Bucciol & Marco Piovesan, 2012. "Pay Dispersion and Work Performance," Harvard Business School Working Papers 12-075, Harvard Business School.
- Wen-Jhan Jane & Wei-Hsin Kong & Yi-Hsiue Wang, 2010. "Individual efficiency and club performance: a panel analysis of professional baseball," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(5), pages 363-372.
- Takuma Kamada & Hajime Katayama, 2014. "Team performance and within-team salary disparity: an analysis of nippon professional baseball," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 144-151.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Wage disparity and team performance in the process of industry development: Evidence from Japan’s professional football league," MPRA Paper 27363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Annala, Christopher N. & Winfree, Jason, 2011. "Salary distribution and team performance in Major League Baseball," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 167-175, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:67:y:2000:i:1:p:87-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.