Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .
2020, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 171-182 A new conceptualization of mega sports event legacy delivery: Wicked problems and critical realist solution
by Byers, Terri & Hayday, Emily & Pappous, Athanasios (Sakis)
- 183-199 Leveraging spectator emotion: A review and conceptual framework for marketing health behaviors in elite sports
by Teal, Renee & Roberts, Michele & Harrigan, Paul & Clarkson, Jo & Rosenberg, Michael
- 200-214 The sport cluster concept as middle-range theory for the sport value framework
by Gerke, Anna & Woratschek, Herbert & Dickson, Geoff
- 215-228 Fan response to the identity threat of potential team relocation
by Wegner, Christine E. & Delia, Elizabeth B. & Baker, Bradley J.
- 229-241 Living on the edge: Psychological drivers of athletes’ intention to re-patronage extreme sporting events
by Raggiotto, Francesco & Scarpi, Daniele
- 242-255 The determinants of the intention to continue voluntary football refereeing
by Giel, Thomas & Breuer, Christoph
- 256-270 Athletic goal achievement: A critical antecedent of event satisfaction, re-participation intention, and future exercise intention in participant sport events
by Hyun, Moonsup & Jordan, Jeremy S.
- 271-283 The role of sport in reflecting and shaping group dynamics: The “intergroup relations continuum” and its application to Fijian rugby and soccer
by Sugden, Jack Thomas & Schulenkorf, Nico & Adair, Daryl & Frawley, Stephen
- 284-301 Coach humility and player creativity: The roles of knowledge sharing and group diversity
by Tuan, Luu Trong
- 302-314 From intention to participation: Exploring the moderating role of a voucher-based event leveraging initiative
by Potwarka, Luke R. & Snelgrove, Ryan & Drewery, David & Bakhsh, Jordan & Wood, Laura
- 315-329 Do public subsidies and facility coverage matter for voluntary sports clubs?
by Elmose-Østerlund, Karsten & Iversen, Evald Bundgård
- 330-347 Tennis superstars: The relationship between star status and demand for tickets
by Chmait, Nader & Robertson, Sam & Westerbeek, Hans & Eime, Rochelle & Sellitto, Carmine & Reid, Machar
- 348-360 Examining environmental fan engagement initiatives through values and norms with intercollegiate sport fans
by Casper, Jonathan M. & McCullough, Brian P. & Pfahl, Michael E.
2020, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 8-27 Organisational factors and non-accidental violence in sport: A systematic review
by Roberts, Victoria & Sojo, Victor & Grant, Felix
- 28-38 Acting out what is inside of us: Self-management strategies of an abused ex-athlete
by McMahon, Jenny & McGannon, Kerry R.
- 39-51 Exploring referee abuse through the lens of the collegiate rugby coach
by Jacobs, Brittany L. & Tingle, Jacob K. & Oja, Brent D. & Smith, Mark A.
- 52-65 An analysis of soccer referee experiences in France and the Netherlands: Abuse, conflict, and level of support
by Webb, Tom & Dicks, Matt & Thelwell, Richard & van der Kamp, John & Rix-Lievre, Géraldine
- 66-80 Managing organizational reputation in response to a public shaming campaign
by Kitchin, P.J. & Paramio-Salcines, Juan L. & Walters, Geoff
- 81-94 Snapchat and child sexual abuse in sport: Protecting child athletes in the social media age
by Sanderson, Jimmy & Weathers, Melinda R.
- 95-103 Promoting athlete welfare: A proposal for an international surveillance system
by Kerr, Roslyn & Kerr, Gretchen
- 104-116 Evaluating the impacts of working towards the International Safeguards for Children in Sport
by Rhind, Daniel J.A. & Owusu-Sekyere, Frank
- 117-129 Examining institutional work that perpetuates abuse in sport organizations
by Nite, Calvin & Nauright, John
- 130-141 The effect of abusive leadership by coaches on Division I student-athletes’ performance: The moderating role of core self-evaluations
by Lopez, Yvette P. & Dohrn, Stephanie & Posig, Margaret
- 142-154 Whistleblowing determinants and the effectiveness of reporting channels in the international sports sector
by Verschuuren, Pim
- 155-169 Managing prevention of sexual violence and the role of commissioners in national sport federations in Germany
by Hartmann-Tews, Ilse & Bartsch, Fabienne & Wagner, Ingo & Rulofs, Bettina
2019, Volume 22, Issue 5
- 571-583 Toward an institutional theory of escalation of commitment within sport management: A review and future directions
by Nite, Calvin & Hutchinson, Michael & Bouchet, Adrien
- 584-599 Governing bodies of sport as knowledge brokers in Sport-for-All communities of practice
by Willem, Annick & Girginov, Vassil & Toohey, Kristine
- 600-612 Market disruption as a regime for athlete activism: An economic analysis of college football player protests
by Watanabe, Nicholas M. & Yan, Grace & Soebbing, Brian P.
- 613-625 Re-engaging local youth for sustainable sport-for-development
by Hoekman, Michael J. & Schulenkorf, Nico & Welty Peachey, Jon
- 626-639 The journey of transitioning: Being a trans male athlete in college sport
by Klein, Alexandra & Paule-Koba, Amanda L. & Krane, Vikki
- 640-651 Does performance justify the underrepresentation of women coaches? Evidence from professional women’s soccer
by Gomez-Gonzalez, Carlos & Dietl, Helmut & Nesseler, Cornel
- 652-666 Summary of cognitive, affective, and behavioural outcomes of consuming prestigious sports events
by Moital, Miguel & Bain, Amy & Thomas, Harriet
- 667-681 Interorganisational conflict between national and provincial sport organisations within China’s elite sport system: Perspectives from national organisations
by Zheng, Jinming & Lau, Patrick Wing Chung & Chen, Shushu & Dickson, Geoff & De Bosscher, Veerle & Peng, Qi
- 682-693 Walking for fun or for “likes”? The impacts of different gamification orientations of fitness apps on consumers’ physical activities
by Tu, Rungting & Hsieh, Peishan & Feng, Wenting
- 694-707 Managing sport volunteers with a disability: Human resource management implications
by Kappelides, Pam & Spoor, Jennifer
- 708-723 Using social network analysis to investigate interorganizational relationships and capacity building within a sport for development coalition
by Hambrick, Marion E. & Svensson, Per G. & Kang, Seungmin
- 724-735 “The process isn’t a case of report it and stop”: Athletes’ lived experience of whistleblowing on doping in sport
by Erickson, Kelsey & Patterson, Laurie B. & Backhouse, Susan H.
- 736-747 “If people are wearing pink stuff they’re probably not real fans”: Exploring women’s perceptions of sport fan clothing
by Sveinson, Katherine & Hoeber, Larena & Toffoletti, Kim
2019, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 439-451 Experiences of trans persons in physical activity and sport: A qualitative meta-synthesis
by Pérez-Samaniego, Víctor & Fuentes-Miguel, Jorge & Pereira-García, Sofía & López-Cañada, Elena & Devís-Devís, José
- 452-463 Sport versus climate: Introducing the climate vulnerability of sport organizations framework
by Orr, Madeleine & Inoue, Yuhei
- 464-476 Shared leadership in sport for development and peace: A conceptual framework of antecedents and outcomes
by Kang, Seungmin & Svensson, Per G.
- 477-490 Relationships between met-expectation and attitudinal outcomes of coaches in intercollegiate athletics
by Kim, Seungmo & Oh, Taeyeon & Lee, Soonhwan & Andrew, Damon P.S.
- 491-501 The impact of deviance on head coach dismissals and implications of a personal conduct policy
by Foreman, Jeremy J. & Soebbing, Brian P. & Seifried, Chad S.
- 502-512 Using a discrete choice experiment to estimate spectators’ willingness to pay for professional baseball park sportscape
by Shin, Jin-ho & Lyu, Seong Ok
- 513-526 The carbon footprint of active sport participants
by Wicker, Pamela
- 527-539 Do influxes of atypical labor make sport event workers prone to exploitation?
by McLeod, Christopher M. & Holden, John T. & Hawzen, Matthew G. & Chahardovali, Tarlan
- 540-552 Exploring how external stakeholders shape social innovation in sport for development and peace
by Svensson, Per G. & Hambrick, Marion E.
- 553-565 Does your left hand know what your right hand is doing? Impacts of athletes’ pre-transgression philanthropic behavior on consumer post-transgression evaluation
by Lee, Joon Sung & Babiak, Katherine
2019, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 295-321 Sport event legacy: A systematic quantitative review of literature
by Thomson, Alana & Cuskelly, Graham & Toohey, Kristine & Kennelly, Millicent & Burton, Paul & Fredline, Liz
- 322-334 It’s our club! From supporter psychological ownership to supporter formal ownership
by Cocieru, Ovidiu C. & Delia, Elizabeth B. & Katz, Matthew
- 335-347 Why we follow: Examining motivational differences in following sport organizations on Twitter and Weibo
by Li, Bo & Dittmore, Stephen W. & Scott, Olan K.M. & Lo, Wen-juo & Stokowski, Sarah
- 348-362 Spectators’ emotional responses in tweets during the Super Bowl 50 game
by Chang, Yonghwan
- 363-378 Community-oriented practice: Examining corporate social responsibility and development activities in professional sport
by Rowe, Katie & Karg, Adam & Sherry, Emma
- 379-394 The evolving institutional work of the National Collegiate Athletic Association to maintain dominance in a fragmented field
by Calvin, Nite & Abiodun, Ige & Marvin, Washington
- 395-406 Emotional intelligence, servant leadership, and development goal orientation in athletic directors
by Lee, Ye Hoon
- 407-418 A model for the generation of public sphere-like activity in sport-themed Twitter hashtags
by O’Hallarn, Brendan & Shapiro, Stephen L. & Wittkower, D.E. & Ridinger, Lynn & Hambrick, Marion E.
- 419-433 The “I” in team: Coach incivility, coach gender, and team performance in women’s basketball teams
by Smittick, Amber L. & Miner, Kathi N. & Cunningham, George B.
2019, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 181-193 A systematic review of sport for development interventions across six global cities
by Whitley, Meredith A. & Massey, William V. & Camiré, Martin & Blom, Lindsey C. & Chawansky, Megan & Forde, Shawn & Boutet, Mish & Borbee, Amanda & Darnell, Simon C.
- 194-208 Team identification and sports fandom as predictors of fan aggression: The moderating role of ageing
by Toder-Alon, Anat & Icekson, Tamar & Shuv-Ami, Avichai
- 209-221 Upward and downward job mobility and player market values in contemporary European professional football
by Velema, Thijs A.
- 222-234 Sponsor-event congruence effects: The moderating role of sport involvement and mediating role of sponsor attitudes
by Koo, Jakeun & Lee, Younghan
- 235-246 Is it worth the price? The role of perceived financial risk, identification, and perceived value in purchasing pay-per-view broadcasts of combat sports
by Shapiro, Stephen L. & Reams, Lamar & So, Kevin Kam Fung
- 247-262 The chaos of inclusion? Examining anti-homophobia policy development in New Zealand sport
by Shaw, Sally
- 263-275 Host residents’ role in sporting events: The city image perspective
by Oshimi, Daichi & Harada, Munehiko
- 276-287 Did London 2012 deliver a sports participation legacy?
by Kokolakakis, Themis & Lera-López, Fernando & Ramchandani, Girish
2019, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-4 Managing sport for health: An introduction to the special issue
by Edwards, Michael B. & Rowe, Katie
- 5-20 Indigenous Australian women promoting health through sport
by Stronach, Megan & Maxwell, Hazel & Pearce, Sonya
- 21-37 Building an inclusive cycling “movement”: Exploring the charity-led mobilisation of recreational cycling in communities across Merseyside, England
by Hayton, John W. & Blundell, Milly & Cullinane, Danny & Walker, Catherine M.
- 38-52 Sport as medicine: How F3 is building healthier men and communities
by Warner, Stacy
- 53-67 The role of management in achieving health outcomes in SFD programmes: A stakeholder perspective
by LeCrom, Carrie W. & Martin, Tiesha & Dwyer, Brendan & Greenhalgh, Greg
- 68-79 Sporting hyperchallenges: Health, social, and fiscal implications
by Lamont, Matthew & Kennelly, Millicent
- 80-95 Managerial perceptions of factors affecting the design and delivery of sport for health programs for refugee populations
by Anderson, Arden & Dixon, Marlene A. & Oshiro, Kristi F. & Wicker, Pamela & Cunningham, George B. & Heere, Bob
- 96-107 Managing sport-for-development and healthy lifestyles: The sport-for-health model
by Schulenkorf, Nico & Siefken, Katja
- 108-125 The antecedents and consequences of positive organizational behavior: The role of psychological capital for promoting employee well-being in sport organizations
by Kim, Minjung & Kim, Amy Chan Hyung & Newman, Joshua I. & Ferris, Gerald R. & Perrewé, Pamela L.
- 126-141 Sport as a vehicle for health promotion: A shared value example of corporate social responsibility
by Hills, Stephen & Walker, Matthew & Barry, Adam E.
- 142-152 Associations between partnership characteristics and perceived success in Dutch sport-for-health partnerships
by Hermens, Niels & Verkooijen, Kirsten T. & Koelen, Maria A.
- 153-166 NFL Play 60: Managing the intersection of professional sport and obesity
by Sparvero, Emily S. & Warner, Stacy
- 167-179 Fast food, fizz, and funding: Balancing the scales of regional sport organisation sponsorship
by Batty, Rachel J. & Gee, Sarah
2018, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 477-490 Understanding users’ continuance intentions to use smart-connected sports products
by Song, Jaeki & Kim, Junghwan & Cho, Kwangmin
- 491-503 Building social capital from sport event participation: An exploration of the social impacts of participatory sport events on the community
by Zhou, Ran & Kaplanidou, Kyriaki
- 504-518 Recruiting and retaining girls in table tennis: Participant and club perspectives
by Rowe, Katie & Sherry, Emma & Osborne, Angela
- 519-532 Estimation of game-level attendance in major league soccer: Outcome uncertainty and absolute quality considerations
by Sung, Hojun & Mills, Brian M.
- 533-548 A fan’s search for meaning: Testing the dimensionality of sport fan superstition
by Dwyer, Brendan & Slavich, Mark A. & Gellock, Jennifer L.
- 549-562 Sport participation: From policy, through facilities, to users’ health, well-being, and social capital
by Kumar, Harish & Manoli, Argyro Elisavet & Hodgkinson, Ian R. & Downward, Paul
- 563-581 Competing by investments or efficiency? Exploring financial and sporting efficiency of club ownership structures in European football
by Rohde, Marc & Breuer, Christoph
- 582-595 A mechanism of mutually beneficial relationships between employees and consumers: A dyadic analysis of employee–consumer interaction
by Kim, Kyungyeol (Anthony) & Byon, Kevin K.
- 596-611 Coworker knowledge sharing and peer learning among elite footballers: Insights from German Bundesliga players
by Werner, Kim & Dickson, Geoff
2018, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 333-346 Power, performance, and expectations in the dismissal of NBA coaches: A survival analysis study
by Wangrow, David B. & Schepker, Donald J. & Barker, Vincent L.
- 347-362 A typology of cause-related marketing approaches in European professional basketball
by Schyvinck, Cleo & Willem, Annick
- 363-376 Sport team emotion: Conceptualization, scale development and validation
by Lee, Seunghwan & Kim, Yukyoum & Heere, Bob
- 377-390 NCAA football television viewership: Product quality and consumer preference relative to market expectations
by Brown, Katie M. & Salaga, Steven
- 391-402 Equity-based sustainability and ecocentric management: Creating more ecologically just sport organization practices
by Sartore-Baldwin, Melanie L. & McCullough, Brian
- 403-415 Dress for fit: An exploration of female activewear consumption
by Zhou, Xiaochen & Hanlon, Clare & Robertson, Jonathan & Spaaij, Ramon & Westerbeek, Hans & Hossack, Allison & Funk, Daniel C.
- 416-429 The meaning of team in team identification
by Delia, Elizabeth B. & James, Jeffrey D.
- 430-442 “But a champion comes out much, much later”: A sport development case study of the 1968 U.S. Olympic team
by Berg, Brennan K. & Fuller, Rhema D. & Hutchinson, Michael
- 443-458 The force of the national rhetorical arena: Voices in tune against a disrespectful foreign sponsor
by Desmarais, Fabrice & Wallace, Catherine
- 459-472 The process toward commitment to running—The role of different motives, involvement, and coaching
by Rocha, Claudio M. & Gratao, Otavio A.
2018, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 221-231 Leadership in governance: Exploring collective board leadership in sport governance systems
by Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David & O’Boyle, Ian
- 232-249 Exploring the domestic relationship between mega-events and destination image: The image impact of hosting the 2012 Olympic Games for the city of London
by Kenyon, James Andrew & Bodet, Guillaume
- 250-262 The effects of service convenience and perceived quality on perceived value, satisfaction and loyalty in low-cost fitness centers
by García-Fernández, Jerónimo & Gálvez-Ruíz, Pablo & Fernández-Gavira, Jesús & Vélez-Colón, Luisa & Pitts, Brenda & Bernal-García, Ainara
- 263-278 Political activity in escalation of commitment: Sport facility funding and government decision making in the United States
by Hutchinson, Michael & Berg, Brennan K. & Kellison, Timothy B.
- 279-292 Leveraging community sport organizations to promote community capacity: Strategic outcomes, challenges, and theoretical considerations
by Jones, Gareth J. & Edwards, Michael B. & Bocarro, Jason N. & Bunds, Kyle S. & Smith, Jordan W.
- 293-306 Examining the antecedents of sport team brand equity: A dual-identification perspective
by Wang, Michael Chih-Hung & Tang, Ya-Yun
- 307-320 The impact of organizational capacity on voluntary engagement in sports clubs: A multi-level analysis
by Swierzy, Philipp & Wicker, Pamela & Breuer, Christoph
- 321-332 Accumulating subcultural capital through sport event participation: The AFL International Cup
by Fairley, Sheranne & O’Brien, Danny
2018, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 101-113 Living with imperfect comparisons: The challenges and limitations of comparative paralympic sport policy research
by Dowling, Mathew & Brown, Phil & Legg, David & Beacom, Aaron
- 114-132 Sport team personality: It’s not all about winning!
by Stadler Blank, Ashley & Koenigstorfer, Joerg & Baumgartner, Hans
- 133-146 Developmental processes and motivations for linkages in cross-sectoral sport clusters
by Gerke, Anna & Babiak, Kathy & Dickson, Geoff & Desbordes, Michel
- 147-159 Sports fan experience: Electronic word-of-mouth in ephemeral social media
by Wakefield, Lane T. & Bennett, Gregg
- 160-175 Challenges and strategies of building and sustaining inter-organizational partnerships in sport for development and peace
by Welty Peachey, Jon & Cohen, Adam & Shin, Nari & Fusaro, Bruno
- 176-188 Explaining attendance through the brand community triad: Integrating network theory and team identification
by Katz, Matthew & Ward, Rose Marie & Heere, Bob
- 189-201 The not-so-free agent: Non-performance factors that contribute to free agent compensation premiums
by Terry, Ryan P. & McGee, Jeffrey E. & Kass, Malcolm J.
- 202-218 Social and charitable impacts of a charity-affiliated sport event: A mixed methods study
by Inoue, Yuhei & Heffernan, Caroline & Yamaguchi, Taku & Filo, Kevin
2018, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-6 eSport: Construct specifications and implications for sport management
by Cunningham, George B. & Fairley, Sheranne & Ferkins, Lesley & Kerwin, Shannon & Lock, Daniel & Shaw, Sally & Wicker, Pamela
- 7-13 eSport management: Embracing eSport education and research opportunities
by Funk, Daniel C. & Pizzo, Anthony D. & Baker, Bradley J.
- 14-20 eSports – Competitive sports or recreational activity?
by Hallmann, Kirstin & Giel, Thomas
- 21-24 Embracing the sportification of society: Defining e-sports through a polymorphic view on sport
by Heere, Bob
- 25-37 Participatory research in sport-for-development: Complexities, experiences and (missed) opportunities
by Spaaij, Ramón & Schulenkorf, Nico & Jeanes, Ruth & Oxford, Sarah
- 38-50 ‘Yes we are inclusive’: Examining provision for young people with disabilities in community sport clubs
by Jeanes, Ruth & Spaaij, Ramón & Magee, Jonathan & Farquharson, Karen & Gorman, Sean & Lusher, Dean
- 51-62 LGBTQ parents’ experiences of community youth sport: Change your forms, change your (hetero) norms
by Trussell, Dawn E. & Kovac, Laura & Apgar, Jen
- 63-71 Influence of team identification, game outcome, and game process on sport consumers’ happiness
by Jang, Wonseok (Eric) & Wann, Daniel L. & Ko, Yong Jae
- 72-85 A mixed methods analysis of disciplinary incidents in men’s soccer
by Deal, Colin J. & Pankow, Kurtis & Chu, Theo A. & Pynn, Shannon R. & Smyth, Christine L. & Holt, Nicholas L.
- 86-97 Long-term impact of the Tokyo 1964 Olympic Games on sport participation: A cohort analysis
by Aizawa, Kurumi & Wu, Ji & Inoue, Yuhei & Sato, Mikihiro
2017, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 427-442 Consumer experience quality: A review and extension of the sport management literature
by Yoshida, Masayuki
- 443-454 Organizational hybridity: A conceptualization of how sport for development and peace organizations respond to divergent institutional demands
by Svensson, Per G.
- 455-467 Time and money expenditure in sports participation: The role of income in consuming the most practiced sports activities in Flanders
by Thibaut, Erik & Eakins, John & Vos, Steven & Scheerder, Jeroen
- 468-482 An empirical analysis of European football rivalries based on on-field performances
by Karanfil, Fatih
- 483-496 International cross-sector social partnerships between sport and governments: The World Anti-Doping Agency
by Toohey, Kristine & Beaton, Anthony
- 497-509 Network governance of a multi-level, multi-sectoral sport event: Differences in coordinating ties and actors
by Parent, Milena M. & Rouillard, Christian & Naraine, Michael L.
- 510-521 Sport managers’ perspectives on poverty and sport: The role of local sport authorities
by Vandermeerschen, Hanne & Scheerder, Jeroen
- 522-534 Lifting the veil on allowing headscarves in football: A co-constructed and analytical autoethnography
by Cox, Michele & Dickson, Geoff & Cox, Barbara
2017, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 325-337 Volunteerism and volunteer management in sport
by Wicker, Pamela
- 338-351 Message framing as institutional maintenance: The National Collegiate Athletic Association’s institutional work of addressing legitimate threats
by Nite, Calvin
- 352-364 Passion and pride in professional sports: Investigating the role of workplace emotion
by Swanson, Steve & Kent, Aubrey
- 365-378 The influence of sports participation on academic performance among students in higher education
by Muñoz-Bullón, Fernando & Sanchez-Bueno, Maria J. & Vos-Saz, Antonio
- 379-394 A conceptual model on the process of innovation diffusion through a historical review of the United States Armed Forces and their bowl games
by Seifried, Chad & Katz, Matthew & Tutka, Patrick
- 395-407 Effects of increased commitment on reputation and status: Evidence from NCAA Division I universities
by Bouchet, Adrien & Laird, Mary Dana & Troilo, Mike & Hutchinson, Michael & Ferris, Gerald
- 408-421 March sadness: Coping with fan identity threat
by Delia, Elizabeth B.
2017, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 243-251 Managing sport-for-development: Reflections and outlook
by Schulenkorf, Nico
- 252-260 When faultlines are created: Exploring the conflict triggering process in sport
by Kerwin, Shannon & Walker, Matthew B. & Bopp, Trevor
- 261-272 Can winning take care of everything? A longitudinal assessment of post-transgression actions on repairing trust in an athlete endorser
by Lee, Joon Sung & Kwak, Dae Hee
- 273-284 User-generated branding via social media: An examination of six running brands
by Geurin, Andrea N. & Burch, Lauren M.
- 285-295 Do they make a difference? Professional team sports clubs’ effects on migration and local growth: Evidence from Denmark
by Storm, Rasmus K. & Thomsen, Frederik & Jakobsen, Tor Georg
- 296-308 An investigation of highly identified fans who bet against their favorite teams
by Agha, Nola & Tyler, B. David
- 309-321 Improving well-being through hedonic, eudaimonic, and social needs fulfillment in sport media consumption
by Kim, Jeeyoon & Kim, Yukyoum & Kim, Daehwan
2017, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 145-158 Introducing a Sport Experience Design (SX) framework for sport consumer behaviour research
by Funk, Daniel C.
- 159-169 From schadenfreude to mitfreude? Estimating viewership loss and rivalrous relationships in otherwise neutral markets
by Sung, Hojun & Mills, Brian M. & Tainsky, Scott
- 170-183 Sport communication research: A social network analysis
by Hambrick, Marion E.
- 184-197 ‘I was there from the start’: The identity-maintenance strategies used by fans to combat the threat of losing
by Doyle, Jason P. & Lock, Daniel & Funk, Daniel C. & Filo, Kevin & McDonald, Heath
- 198-210 The paradoxical relationship between fantasy football and NFL consumption: Conflict development and consumer coping mechanisms
by Yuksel, Mujde & McDonald, Mark A. & Milne, George R. & Darmody, Aron
- 211-225 Sponsors’ CSR strategies in sport: A sensemaking approach of corporations established in France
by Djaballah, Mathieu & Hautbois, Christopher & Desbordes, Michel
- 226-239 On the fast track? Using standard contracts in public–private partnerships for sports facilities: A case study
by van den Hurk, Martijn & Verhoest, Koen
2017, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 4-7 Contemporary qualitative research methods in sport management
by Hoeber, Larena & Shaw, Sally
- 8-19 Insiders, outsiders, and agents of change: First person action inquiry in community sport management
by Rich, Kyle A. & Misener, Laura
- 20-32 A post-social conceptual framework for exploring object narratives in sport organisations
by Smith, Aaron C.T. & Humphries, Clare
- 33-42 A narrative approach: The possibilities for sport management
by Stride, A. & Fitzgerald, H.F. & Allison, W.
- 43-54 Autoethnography as a critical approach in sport management: Current applications and directions for future research
by Cooper, Joseph N. & Grenier, Robin S. & Macaulay, Charles
- 55-68 Talanoa: A contemporary qualitative methodology for sport management
by Stewart-Withers, Rochelle & Sewabu, Koli & Richardson, Sam
- 69-80 Sport-for-development: Inclusive, reflexive, and meaningful research in low- and middle-income settings
by Sherry, Emma & Schulenkorf, Nico & Seal, Emma & Nicholson, Matthew & Hoye, Russell
- 81-91 “Looking back (and forth)”: Acknowledging the people who make personal narratives plausible
by Wright, Richard Keith
- 92-104 Extending sport-based entrepreneurship theory through phenomenological inquiry
by Hemme, Florian & Morais, Dominic G. & Bowers, Matthew T. & Todd, Janice S.
- 105-113 Authenticity matters: A digital ethnography of FIA World Rally Championship fan forums
by Næss, Hans Erik
- 114-127 Collaborative self-study: Lessons from a study of wearable fitness technology and physical activity
by Baker, Bradley J. & Zhou, Xiaochen & Pizzo, Anthony D. & Du, James & Funk, Daniel C.
- 128-141 Basketball officiating as a gendered arena: An autoethnography
by Schaeperkoetter, Claire C.
2016, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 479-491 Towards a research agenda in collaborative sport governance
by Shilbury, David & O’Boyle, Ian & Ferkins, Lesley
- 492-505 Organisational impression congruence: A conceptual model of multi-level impression management operation in sports service organisations
by Brandon-Lai, Simon A. & Armstrong, Cole G. & Ferris, Gerald R.
- 506-519 Exploring PERMA in spectator sport: Applying positive psychology to examine the individual-level benefits of sport consumption
by Doyle, Jason P. & Filo, Kevin & Lock, Daniel & Funk, Daniel C. & McDonald, Heath
- 520-535 Outcome quality in participant sport and recreation service quality models: Empirical results from public aquatic centres in Australia
by Howat, Gary & Assaker, Guy
- 536-549 A distance-running event and life satisfaction: The mediating roles of involvement
by Sato, Mikihiro & Jordan, Jeremy S. & Funk, Daniel C.
- 550-562 The impact of social interaction and team member exchange on sport event volunteer management
by Lee, Younghan & Kim, Milyang & Koo, Jakeun
- 563-577 Plotting the motivation of student volunteers in sports-based outreach work in the North East of England
by Hayton, John W.
- 578-586 Scoring on and off the field?: The impact of Australia's inclusion in the Asian Football Confederation
by Fairley, Sheranne & Lovegrove, Hannah & Smith, Natalie L. & Tyler, B. David
- 587-598 The battle for the bid: Chicago 2016, No Games Chicago, and the lessons to be learned
by Rundio, Amy & Heere, Bob
2016, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 365-377 Capacity building in nonprofit sport organizations: Development of a process model
by Millar, Patti & Doherty, Alison
- 378-390 The uniqueness of sport: Testing against marketing's empirical laws
by Baker, Bradley J. & McDonald, Heath & Funk, Daniel C.
- 391-401 Foreign players and competitive balance in Greek basketball and handball championships
by Meletakos, Panagiotis & Chatzicharistos, Dimitrios & Apostolidis, Nikolaos & Manasis, Vasilios & Bayios, Ioannis
- 402-416 Stakeholder perceptions on the democratic governance of major sports events
by Parent, Milena M.
- 417-430 Challenges for sport development: Women's entry level cycling participation
by Rowe, Katie & Shilbury, David & Ferkins, Lesley & Hinckson, Erica
- 431-440 Self-categorization process in sport: An examination of the “Linsanity” phenomenon in Taiwan
by Chen, Kuan-Ju & Phua, Joe
- 441-453 Five dimensions of brand personality traits in sport
by Kang, Chanho & Bennett, Gregg & Welty Peachey, Jon
- 454-465 An unacceptable status quo: A sport development case study of swimming and drownings
by Berg, Brennan K. & Irwin, Carol C. & Wright, Paul M. & Irwin, Richard L. & Hutchinson, Michael
- 466-474 Leveraging events to ensure enduring benefits: The legacy strategy of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup
by Fairley, Sheranne & Lovegrove, Hannah & Brown, Michael
2016, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 255-265 Unclipping our wings: Ways forward in qualitative research in sport management
by Shaw, Sally & Hoeber, Larena
- 266-278 The formation of interorganisational cliques in New Zealand rugby
by Meiklejohn, Trevor & Dickson, Geoff & Ferkins, Lesley
- 279-292 A method to evaluate countries’ organisational capacity: A four country comparison in athletics
by Truyens, Jasper & De Bosscher, Veerle & Sotiriadou, Popi & Heyndels, Bruno & Westerbeek, Hans
- 293-305 Quantifying the effect of sponsor awareness and image on the sports involvement–purchase intention relationship
by Bachleda, Catherine & Fakhar, Ahlam & Elouazzani, Zineb
- 306-318 Social impact of Formula One Chinese Grand Prix: A comparison of local residents’ perceptions based on the intrinsic dimension
by Mao, Luke Lunhua & Huang, Haiyan
- 319-331 Affective response to gambling promotions during televised sport: A qualitative analysis
by Lamont, Matthew & Hing, Nerilee & Vitartas, Peter
- 332-342 Young people's perspectives of parent volunteerism in community youth sport
by Trussell, Dawn E.
- 343-351 RunTex: A community landmark run out of business
by Sparvero, Emily S. & Warner, Stacy & Tingle, Jacob K.
- 352-360 Image recovery from negative media coverage of a sport event: Destination, venue, and event considerations
by Fairley, Sheranne & Lovegrove, Hannah & Newland, Brianna L. & Green, B. Christine
2016, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 85-96 The Multiple In-group Identity Framework
by Lock, Daniel J. & Funk, Daniel C.
- 97-106 Power and discourse in the politics of evidence in sport for development
by Harris, Kevin & Adams, Andrew
- 107-119 “Sport for Development” in developing countries: The case of the Vilas Olímpicas do Rio de Janeiro
by Reis, Arianne C. & Vieira, Marcelo Carvalho & Sousa-Mast, Fabiana Rodrigues de
- 120-132 “Pick and choose our battles” – Understanding organizational capacity in a sport for development and peace organization
by Svensson, Per G. & Hambrick, Marion E.
- 133-145 Communicating via photographs: A gendered analysis of Olympic athletes’ visual self-presentation on Instagram
by Geurin-Eagleman, Andrea N. & Burch, Lauren M.
- 146-156 Communicating CSR-linked sponsorship: Examining the influence of three different types of message sources
by Flöter, Thomas & Benkenstein, Martin & Uhrich, Sebastian
- 157-170 Investigating the role of fan club membership on perceptions of team brand equity in football
by Biscaia, Rui & Ross, Stephen & Yoshida, Masayuki & Correia, Abel & Rosado, António & Marôco, João
- 171-182 The “authenticitude” battle in action sports: A case-based industry perspective
by Giannoulakis, Chrysostomos
- 183-197 Introducing branded communities in sport for building strong brand relations in social media
by Popp, Bastian & Woratschek, Herbert
- 198-210 A “leaky pipeline”?: Factors affecting the career development of senior-level female administrators in NCAA Division I athletic departments
by Hancock, Meg G. & Hums, Mary A.