Repeated contests: A general parameterization
Contests often involve players vying for the same prize year after year. This paper characterizes equilibrium effort, both individual and aggregate, in a general parameterization of such repeated contests.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dockner, Engelbert J, 1992. "A Dynamic Theory of Conjectural Variations," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 377-95, December.
- Friedman James W. & Samuelson Larry, 1994.
"Continuous Reaction Functions in Duopolies,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 55-82, January.
- Jun-ichi Itaya & Makoto Okamura, 2003. "Conjectural Variations and Voluntary Public Good Provision in a Repeated Game Setting," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(1), pages 51-66, 01.
- Ana I. Saracho, 2005. "The Relationship Between Patent Licensing And Competitive Behavior," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 73(5), pages 563-581, 09.
- Worthington, Paula R., 1990. "Strategic investment and conjectural variations," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 315-328, June.
- Monahan George E. & Sobel Matthew J., 1994. "Stochastic Dynamic Market Share Attraction Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 130-149, January.
- Michael Pfaffermayr, .
"Conjectural Variation Models and Supergames with Price Competition in a Differentiated Product Oligopoly,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Michael Pfaffermayr, 1999. "Conjectural-variation models and supergames with price competition in a differentiated product oligopoly," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 70(3), pages 309-326, October.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 1995. "Conjectural variations as a reduced form," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 397-402, October.
- Wirl, Franz, 1994. " The Dynamics of Lobbying--A Differential Game," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 80(3-4), pages 307-23, September.
- Friedman, James W. & Samuelson, Larry, 1990.
"Subgame perfect equilibrium with continuous reaction functions,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 304-324, December.
- Friedman, J.W. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Subgame Perfect Equilibrium With Continuous Reaction Functions," Papers 4-88-3, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Jun-ichi Itaya & Koji Shimomura, 1999.
"A Dynamic Conjectural Variations Model in the Private Provision of Public Goods: a Differential Game Approach,"
Discussion Paper Series
104, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Itaya, Jun-ichi & Shimomura, Koji, 2001. "A dynamic conjectural variations model in the private provision of public goods: a differential game approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 153-172, July.
- Friedman, James W. & Mezzetti, Claudio, 2002. "Bounded rationality, dynamic oligopoly, and conjectural variations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 287-306, November.
- Hausken, Kjell, 1995. "The dynamics of within-group and between-group interaction," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 655-687.
- Brooks, Michael A & Heijdra, Ben J, 1989. "An Exploration of Rent Seeking," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 65(188), pages 32-50, March.
- Shogren, Jason F & Baik, Kyung H, 1992. " Favorites and Underdogs: Strategic Behavior in an Experimental Contest," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 74(2), pages 191-205, September.
- Schnytzer, Adi, 1994. " An Economic Model of Regime Change: Freedom as a Public Good," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(3-4), pages 325-39, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1987. "Strategic Behavior in Contests," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 891-98, December.
- Baik, Kyung H & Shogren, Jason F, 1992. "Strategic Behavior in Contests: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 359-62, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:105:y:2009:i:2:p:159-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.