Evolutionary Stability of Constant Consistent Conjectures
The paper shows that there is a close connection between (constant) consistent conjectures in a given game and evolutionary stability of conjectures. Evolutionarily stable conjectures are consistent and consistent conjectures are the only interior candidates for evolutionary stability.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boyer, M. & Moreaux, M., 1982.
"Consistent Versus Non-Consistent Conjectures in Duopoly Theory: Some Examples,"
Cahiers de recherche
8206, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Boyer, Marcel & Moreaux, Michel, 1983. "Consistent versus Non-Consistent Conjectures in Doupoly Theory: Some Examples," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 97-110, September.
- BOYER, Marcel & MOREAUX, Michel, "undated". "Consistent versus non-consistent conjectures in duopoly theory: some examples," CORE Discussion Papers RP 544, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Costrell, Robert M., 1991. "Immiserizing growth with semi-public goods under consistent conjectures," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 383-389, August.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F, 1981. "Duopoly Models with Consistent Conjectures," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 934-945, December.
- John Laitner, 1980. ""Rational" Duopoly Equilibria," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(4), pages 641-662.
- Müller, W. & Normann, H.T., 2005.
"Conjectural variations and evolutionary stability : A new rationale for consistency,"
Other publications TiSEM
a9dba38c-5ab2-4ec3-ba6f-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Müller, W. & Normann, H.T., 2003. "Conjectural Variations and Evolutionary Stability : A New Rationale for Consistency," Discussion Paper 2003-44, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dixon, Huw D. & Somma, Ernesto, 2003. "The evolution of consistent conjectures," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 523-536, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpga:0405009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.