The evolution of the mixed conjectures in the rent-extraction game
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Hahn, 1978. "On Non-Walrasian Equilibria," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 1-17.
- Nicola Giocoli, 2005. "The escape from conjectural variations: the consistency condition in duopoly theory from Bowley to Fellner," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 601-618, July.
- N. Quérou & M. Tidball, 2014.
"Consistent conjectures in a dynamic model of non-renewable resource management,"
Annals of Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 220(1), pages 159-180, September.
- Nicolas Quérou & Mabel Tidball, 2009. "Consistent Conjectures in a Dynamic Model of Non-renewable Resource Management," Working Papers 09-28, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Dec 2009.
- Nicolas Querou & Mabel Tidball, 2014. "Consistent conjectures in a dynamic model of non-renewable resource management," Post-Print hal-01123096, HAL.
- Tanaka, Yasuhito, 1991. "On the Consistent Conjectures Equilibrium of Export Subsidy Game," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 259-271, July.
- Boyer, Marcel & Moreaux, Michel, 1983.
"Consistent versus Non-Consistent Conjectures in Doupoly Theory: Some Examples,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 97-110, September.
- Boyer, M. & Moreaux, M., 1982. "Consistent Versus Non-Consistent Conjectures in Duopoly Theory: Some Examples," Cahiers de recherche 8206, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- BOYER, Marcel & MOREAUX, Michel, 1983. "Consistent versus non-consistent conjectures in duopoly theory: some examples," CORE Discussion Papers RP 544, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd, 1985. "On the consistency of conjectures with public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 125-129, June.
- Jean-Marie, Alain & Tidball, Mabel, 2006. "Adapting behaviors through a learning process," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 399-422, July.
- Klemperer, Paul D. & Meyer, Margaret A., 1988. "Consistent conjectures equilibria: A reformulation showing non-uniqueness," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 111-115.
- Menezes, Flavio M. & Quiggin, John, 2010.
"Markets for influence,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 307-310, May.
- Menezes, Flavio & Quiggin, John, 2007. "Markets for Influence," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151184, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Menezes, Flavio & Quiggin, John, 2009. "Markets for Influence," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151189, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Flavio Menezes & John Quiggin, 2009. "Markets for Influence," Risk & Uncertainty Working Papers WPR09_2, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Flavio Menezes & John Quiggin, 2007. "Markets for Influence," Risk & Uncertainty Working Papers WP7R07, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Hahn, Frank H, 1977. " Exercises in Conjectural Equilibria," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(2), pages 210-226.
- Dixon, Huw, 1986. "Strategic Investment with Consistent Conjectures," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(0), pages 111-128, Suppl. No.
- Martin K. Perry, 1982. "Oligopoly and Consistent Conjectural Variations," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 197-205, Spring.
- Sugden, Robert, 1985. "Consistent conjectures and voluntary contributions to public goods: why the conventional theory does not work," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 117-124, June.
- Dixon, Huw D. & Somma, Ernesto, 2003. "The evolution of consistent conjectures," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 523-536, August.
- Possajennikov, Alex, 2009.
"The evolutionary stability of constant consistent conjectures,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 21-29, October.
- Alex Possajennikov, 2009. "The Evolutionary Stability of Constant Consistent Conjectures," Post-Print hal-00701872, HAL.
- Cornes, Richard & Sandler, Todd, 1984. "The theory of public goods: non-nash behaviour," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 367-379, April.
- Szidarovszky, Ferenc & Okuguchi, Koji, 1997. "On the Existence and Uniqueness of Pure Nash Equilibrium in Rent-Seeking Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 135-140, January.
- Robert Michaels, 1989. "Conjectural variations and the nature of equilibrium in rent-seeking models," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 60(1), pages 31-39, January.
- Margaret E. Slade, 1995. "Empirical Games: The Oligopoly Case," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 368-402, May.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F, 1981. "Duopoly Models with Consistent Conjectures," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 934-945, December.
- Wieland Müller & Hans-Theo Normann, 2005. "Conjectural Variations and Evolutionary Stability: A Rationale for Consistency," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 161(3), pages 491-491, September.
- Jun-ichi Itaya & Makoto Okamura, 2003. "Conjectural Variations and Voluntary Public Good Provision in a Repeated Game Setting," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(1), pages 51-66, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kopel, Michael & Lamantia, Fabio & Szidarovszky, Ferenc, 2014. "Evolutionary competition in a mixed market with socially concerned firms," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 394-409.
More about this item
KeywordsRent-extraction; evolutionary dynamics; consistent conjectures; global dynamics; mixed-strategy;
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2012-12-22 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2012-12-22 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-22 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:yorken:12/33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Hodgson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deyoruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.