ENDOGENOUS MERGERS and MARKET STRUCTURE
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Claude d'Aspremont & Alexis Jacquemin & Jean Jaskold Gabszewicz & John A. Weymark, 1983. "On the Stability of Collusive Price Leadership," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 17-25, February.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1990.
"Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 107-126, March.
- Farrell, J. & Shapiro, C., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 17, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp305nx, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Economics Working Papers 8880, University of California at Berkeley.
- Sang-Seung Yi, 1998. "Endogenous Formation of Joint Ventures with Efficiency Gains," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(3), pages 610-631, Autumn.
- Perry, Martin K & Porter, Robert H, 1985. "Oligopoly and the Incentive for Horizontal Merger," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 219-227, March.
- Dockner, Engelbert J, 1992. "A Dynamic Theory of Conjectural Variations," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 377-395, December.
- Gaudet, G. & Salant, S., 1989. "Towards A Theory Of Horizontal Mergers," Papers 89-24, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Michael Pfaffermayr, 1999.
"Conjectural-variation models and supergames with price competition in a differentiated product oligopoly,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 70(3), pages 309-326, October.
- Michael Pfaffermayr, 1999. "Conjectural Variation Models and Supergames with Price Competition in a Differentiated Product Oligopoly," WIFO Working Papers 123, WIFO.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 1995. "Conjectural variations as a reduced form," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 397-402, October.
- Morton I. Kamien & Israel Zang, 1990. "The Limits of Monopolization Through Acquisition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 465-499.
- Shapiro, Carl, 1989. "Theories of oligopoly behavior," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 329-414 Elsevier.
- Prokop, Jacek, 1999. "Process of dominant-cartel formation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 241-257, February.
- Stephen W. Salant & Sheldon Switzer & Robert J. Reynolds, 1983. "Losses From Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-199.
- Raymond Deneckere & Carl Davidson, 1985. "Incentives to Form Coalitions with Bertrand Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(4), pages 473-486, Winter.
- Bloch, Francis, 1996. "Sequential Formation of Coalitions in Games with Externalities and Fixed Payoff Division," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 90-123, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Onur A. Koska & Frank Stähler, 2014.
"Optimal Acquisition Strategies in Unknown Territories,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 170(3), pages 406-426, September.
- Koska, Onur A. & Staehler, Frank, 2014. "Optimal Acquisition Strategies in Unknown Territories," MPRA Paper 68196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Przemysław Jeziorski, 2014. "Estimation of cost efficiencies from mergers: application to US radio," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 45(4), pages 816-846, December.
- Marc Escrihuela-Villar, 2013. "On merger in a collusive Stackelberg market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2394-2401.
- Ray Chaudhuri, A., 2008.
"A Dynamic Model of Endogenous Mergers and Trade Liberalization,"
2008-22, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ray Chaudhuri, A., 2008. "A Dynamic Model of Endogenous Mergers and Trade Liberalization," Discussion Paper 2008-005, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Patricia Charléty & Said Souam, 2002. "Analyse économique des fusions horizontales," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 17(2), pages 37-68.
- Snellman, Heli, 2006. "Automated teller machine network market structure and cash usage," Scientific Monographs, Bank of Finland, number 2006_038, December.
- GIANNETTI, Caterina, 2007.
"Intensity of competition and market structure in the Italian banking industry,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2007041, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Giannetti, C., 2008. "Intensity of Competition and Market Structure in the Italian Banking Industry," Discussion Paper 2008-43, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Zhou, Wen, 2008. "Endogenous horizontal mergers under cost uncertainty," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 903-912, July.
- Chang K. Seung & Michael G. Dalton & André E. Punt & Dusanka Poljak & Robert Foy, 2015. "Economic Impacts Of Changes In An Alaska Crab Fishery From Ocean Acidification," Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 6(04), pages 1-35, November.
- Marc Escrihuela-Villar, 2016. "On the price effects of collusion and the number of firms," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(3), pages 1694-1704.
- Fikru, Mahelet G., 2016. "Modelling mergers among polluting firms when environmental policy is endogenous," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-6.
- Escrihuela-Villar Marc, 2016.
"On Merger Profitability and the Intensity of Rivalry,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1203-1212, April.
- Escrihuela-Villar, Marc, 2015. "On merger profitability and the intensity of rivalry," Economics Discussion Papers 2015-54, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- BÃ¶cker, A. & Herrmann, R., 2002. "Internationale Kartelle in der ErnÃ¤hrungswirtschaft und die MÃ¶glichkeit der neuen IndustrieÃ¶konomie zur Festlegung von Kollusion," Proceedings "Schriften der Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.", German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 37.
- Atallah, Gamal, 2007. "Monopolization through endogenous vertical mergers," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 99-104, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cap:wpaper:051998. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ricardo Goncalves). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feucppt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.