Modelling mergers among polluting firms when environmental policy is endogenous
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1990.
"Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 107-126, March.
- Farrell, J. & Shapiro, C., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 17, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp305nx, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Economics Working Papers 8880, University of California at Berkeley.
- Horn, Henrik & Persson, Lars, 2001. "Endogenous mergers in concentrated markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1213-1244, September.
- Fridolfsson, Sven-Olof & Stennek, Johan, 2005. "Hold-up of anti-competitive mergers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 753-775, December.
- Gaudet, G. & Salant, S., 1989. "Towards A Theory Of Horizontal Mergers," Papers 89-24, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Barros, Pedro Pita, 1998. "Endogenous mergers and size asymmetry of merger participants," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 113-119, July.
- Barrett, Scott, 1994. "Self-Enforcing International Environmental Agreements," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 878-894, Supplemen.
- Levin, Dan, 1990. "Horizontal Mergers: The 50-Percent Benchmark," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1238-1245, December.
- Sajal Lahiri & George Symeonidis, 2007. "Piecemeal Multilateral Environmental Policy Reforms under Asymmetric Oligopoly," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 9(5), pages 885-899, October.
- Keen, Michael & Lahiri, Sajal, 1993. "Domestic tax reform and international oligopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 55-74, May.
- Tina Kao & Flavio Menezes, 2010.
"Welfare-Enhancing Mergers Under Product Differentiation,"
University of Manchester, vol. 78(4), pages 290-301, July.
- Flavio Menezes & Tina Kao, 2007. "Welfare Enhancing Mergers under Product Differentiation," Discussion Papers Series 350, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Tina Kao & Flavio Menezes, 2009. "Welfare Enhancing Mergers Under Product Differentiation," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2009-508, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Stephen W. Salant & Sheldon Switzer & Robert J. Reynolds, 1983. "Losses From Horizontal Merger: The Effects of an Exogenous Change in Industry Structure on Cournot-Nash Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 185-199.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Martin, Paul & Singh, Manjula & Wheeler,David R., 1995. "The industrial pollution projection system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1431, The World Bank.
- Steffen Huck & Kai A. Konrad, 2004.
"Merger Profitability and Trade Policy,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 106(1), pages 107-122, March.
- Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A., 2001.
"Merger profitability and trade policy
[Fusionen und Handelspolitik]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance FS IV 01-12, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A., 2001. "Merger profitability and trade policy
- David R. Collie, 2003. "Mergers and Trade Policy under Oligopoly," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 55-71, February.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Sorgard, Lars, 1997.
"Merger and product range rivalry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 21-42, November.
- Lommerud, K.E. & Sorgard, L., 1997. "Merger and Product Range Rivalery," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 165, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Sven-Olof Fridolfsson & Johan Stennek, 2005.
"Why Mergers Reduce Profits And Raise Share Prices-A Theory Of Preemptive Mergers,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 3(5), pages 1083-1104, September.
- FRIDOLFSSON, Sven-Olof & STENNEK, Johan, 1999. "Why mergers reduce profits, and raise share prices: A theory of preemptive mergers," Working Papers 1999018, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Sven-Olof Fridolfsson & Johan Stennek, 2001. "Why Mergers Reduce Profits and Raise Share Prices: A Theory of Preemptive Mergers," CIG Working Papers FS IV 01-26, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Rodrigues, Vasco, 2001.
"Endogenous mergers and market structure,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1245-1261, September.
- Vasco Rodrigues, 1998. "ENDOGENOUS MERGERS and MARKET STRUCTURE," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 05, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Fauli-Oller, Ramon, 2002. "Mergers between Asymmetric Firms: Profitability and Welfare," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(1), pages 77-87, January.
- Mahelet G. Fikru & Sajal Lahiri, 2013. "Can a Merger Take Place among Symmetric Firms?," Studies in Microeconomics, , vol. 1(2), pages 155-162, December.
- Morton I. Kamien & Israel Zang, 1990. "The Limits of Monopolization Through Acquisition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 465-499.
- Larry D. Qiu & Wen Zhou, 2007. "Merger waves: a model of endogenous mergers," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(1), pages 214-226, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEnd-of-the-pipe-type abatement; Emission tax; Pollution-intensity; Cleaner technology;
- L - Industrial Organization
- Q34 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Natural Resources and Domestic and International Conflicts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecanpo:v:49:y:2016:i:c:p:1-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/economic-analysis-and-policy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.