Welfare Enhancing Mergers under Product Differentiation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tina Kao & Flavio Menezes, 2010. "Welfare-Enhancing Mergers Under Product Differentiation," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 78(4), pages 290-301, July.
- Tina Kao & Flavio Menezes, 2009. "Welfare Enhancing Mergers Under Product Differentiation," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2009-508, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Motta,Massimo, 2004. "Competition Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521016919, December.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1990.
"Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 107-126.
- Farrell, J. & Shapiro, C., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 17, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp305nx, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Economics Working Papers 8880, University of California at Berkeley.
- David Hennessy, 2000.
"Cournot Oligopoly Conditions under which Any Horizontal Merger Is Profitable,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 17(3), pages 277-284, November.
- Hennessy, David A., 2000. "Cournot Oligopoly Conditions Under Which Any Horizontal Merger is Profitable," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1699, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Piercarlo Zanchettin, 2006. "Differentiated Duopoly with Asymmetric Costs," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 999-1015, December.
- Perry, Martin K & Porter, Robert H, 1985. "Oligopoly and the Incentive for Horizontal Merger," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 219-227, March.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 546-554.
- Hackner, Jonas, 2000.
"A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 233-239, August.
- Häckner, Jonas, 1999. "A Note on Price and Quantity Competition in Differentiated Oligopolies," Research Papers in Economics 1999:9, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nisvan Erkal & Daniel Piccinin, 2010.
"Welfare-Reducing Mergers in Differentiated Oligopolies with Free Entry,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, pages 178-184.
- Nisvan Erkal & Daniel Piccinin, 2009. "Welfare?Reducing Mergers in Differentiated Oligopolies with Free Entry," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1081, The University of Melbourne.
- Fikru, Mahelet G. & Gautier, Luis, 2016. "Mergers in Cournot markets with environmental externality and product differentiation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 65-79.
- Mahelet G. Fikru & Matt Insall, 2016. "Is it more profitable to acquire cleaner or dirtier firms?," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(4), pages 443-457, October.
- Apostolis Pavlou, 2015. "Learning by doing and horizontal mergers," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 25-38, September.
- Fikru, Mahelet G., 2016. "Modelling mergers among polluting firms when environmental policy is endogenous," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-6.
More about this item
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-09-24 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2007-09-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2007-09-24 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .