Intensity of competition and market structure in the Italian banking industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giannetti, C., 2008. "Intensity of Competition and Market Structure in the Italian Banking Industry," Discussion Paper 2008-43, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Buzzacchi, Luigi & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2006.
"Firm size distribution: Testing the "independent submarkets model" in the Italian motor insurance industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 809-834, July.
- Buzzacchi, Luigi & Valletti, Tommaso, 1999. "Firm size distribution: testing the "independent submarkets model" in the Italian motor insurance industry," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6749, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Buzzacchi, Luigi & Valletti, Tommaso, 2002. "Firm Size Distribution: Testing the 'Independent Submarkets Model' in the Italian Motor Insurance Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 3444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Buzzacchi & Tommaso Valetti, 1999. "Firm Size Distribution: Testing the "Independent Submarkets Model" in the Italian Motor Insurance Industry," STICERD - Economics of Industry Papers 24, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Felici Roberto & Pagnini Marcello, 2005. "Distance, bank heterogeneity and entry in local banking markets," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 557, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- V. Cerasi & B. CHIZZOLINI & M. IVALDI, 1998. "Branching and Competitiveness across Regions in the Italian Banking Industry," Departmental Working Papers 1998-03, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Vittoria Cerasi & Barbara Chizzolini & Marc Ivaldi, 2002. "Branching and competition in the European banking industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(17), pages 2213-2225.
- Rodrigues, Vasco, 2001.
"Endogenous mergers and market structure,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1245-1261, September.
- Vasco Rodrigues, 1998. "ENDOGENOUS MERGERS and MARKET STRUCTURE," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 05, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Joseph Hilbe, 1994. "Negative binomial regression," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(18).
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995.
"The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 407-443.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships," NBER Working Papers 4921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcello Bofondi & Giorgio Gobbi, 2004. "Bad Loans and Entry into Local Credit Markets," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 509, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Vasconcelos, Helder, 2006. "Endogenous mergers in endogenous sunk cost industries," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 227-250, March.
- de Juan, Rebeca, 2003. "The independent submarkets model: an application to the Spanish retail banking market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1461-1487, December.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adam Baszynski, 2011. "Mergers and acquisitions in the banking sector and the competitive structure of the banking services market in Poland since 2004," Ekonomia i Prawo, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 7(1), pages 391-407, December.
More about this item
Keywordsexogenous sunk costs; intensity of competition; concentration; truncated and Poisson models;
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L89 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2007041. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/coreebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.