On pro-poor growth and the measurement of convergence
This paper suggests decomposing the [beta] coefficient of a [beta]-convergence analysis into three components, two of them checking whether there was [sigma]-convergence and whether "pure mobility" was pro-poor. It appears that during the 1983-1995 period growth in Israel was pro-poor.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Son, Hyun Hwa, 2004. "A note on pro-poor growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 307-314, March.
- Michael Grimm, 2005.
"Removing the anonymity axiom in assessing pro-poor growth,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
113, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Grimm, 2007. "Removing the anonymity axiom in assessing pro-poor growth," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 179-197, August.
- Friedman, Milton, 1992. "Do Old Fallacies Ever Die?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 2129-32, December.
- Fields, Gary S. & Cichello, Paul & Freije, Samuel & Menéndez, Marta & Newhouse, David, 2003.
"For Richer or for Poorer ? Evidence from Indonesia, South Africa, Spain, and Venezuela,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/1560, Paris Dauphine University.
- Gary Fields & Paul Cichello & Samuel Freije & Marta Menéndez & David Newhouse, 2003. "For Richer or for Poorer? Evidence from Indonesia, South Africa, Spain, and Venezuela," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 67-99, April.
- Ravallion, Martin & Shaohua Chen, 2001.
"Measuring pro-poor growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2666, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:105:y:2009:i:3:p:270-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.