Concepts and Operationalization of Pro-Poor Growth
Growth that reduces poverty is often considered pro-poor regardless of whether the poor benefit from it more than the non-poor. Such growth could simply be termed poverty-reducing growth. This paper argues that for growth to be pro-poor it should dispropo
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki|
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Florencia Lopez Boo, 2006. "Changes in poverty and the stability of income distribution in Argentina: evidence from the 1990s via decompositions," Working Papers 33, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Kolenikov, Stanislav & Shorrocks, Anthony, 2003.
"A Decomposition Analysis of Regional Poverty in Russia,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Stanislav Kolenikov & Anthony Shorrocks, 2005. "A Decomposition Analysis of Regional Poverty in Russia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 25-46, 02.
- Hyun Son, 2003. "A New Poverty Decomposition," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 181-187, August.
- Stephan Klasen, 2004.
"In Search of the Holy Grail: How to Achieve Pro-Poor Growth?,"
- Stephan Klasen, 2003. "In Search of The Holy Grail: How to Achieve Pro-Poor Growth ?," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 096, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2003.
"Measuring pro-poor growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Shatakshee Dhongde, 2007. "Measuring the Impact of Growth and Income Distribution on Poverty in India," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 16(2), pages 25-48, June.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2004. "Pro-poor growth : A primer," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3242, The World Bank.
- Michael Grimm, 2007.
"Removing the anonymity axiom in assessing pro-poor growth,"
Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 179-197, August.
- Michael Grimm, 2005. "Removing the anonymity axiom in assessing pro-poor growth," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 113, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Quentin Wodon, 2004.
"What is "Pro-Poor"?,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Müller, Adrian, 2008.
"Clarifying Poverty Decomposition,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008
30, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Son, Hyun H., 2006. "Pro-Poor Growth: The Asian Experience," Working Paper Series RP2006/56, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1992. "Growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty measures : A decomposition with applications to Brazil and India in the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 275-295, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2010-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Bruck Tadesse to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.