Concepts and Operationalization of Pro-Poor Growth
Growth that reduces poverty is often considered pro-poor regardless of whether the poor benefit from it more than the non-poor. Such growth could simply be termed poverty-reducing growth. This paper argues that for growth to be pro-poor it should dispropo
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Grimm, 2007.
"Removing the anonymity axiom in assessing pro-poor growth,"
Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 179-197, August.
- Michael Grimm, 2005. "Removing the anonymity axiom in assessing pro-poor growth," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 113, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Quentin Wodon, 2004.
"What is "Pro-Poor"?,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1992. "Growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty measures : A decomposition with applications to Brazil and India in the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 275-295, April.
- Kakwani, Nanak & Son, Hyun H., 2006. "Pro-Poor Growth: The Asian Experience," Working Paper Series RP2006/56, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Shatakshee Dhongde, 2007. "Measuring the Impact of Growth and Income Distribution on Poverty in India," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 16(2), pages 25-48, June.
- Stephan Klasen, 2003.
"In Search of The Holy Grail: How to Achieve Pro-Poor Growth ?,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
096, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Stephan Klasen, 2004. "In Search of the Holy Grail: How to Achieve Pro-Poor Growth?," Macroeconomics 0401005, EconWPA.
- Muller, Adrian, 2006.
"Clarifying Poverty Decomposition,"
Working Papers in Economics
217, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 17 Nov 2008.
- Müller, Adrian, 2008. "Clarifying Poverty Decomposition," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 30, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2004. "Pro-poor growth : A primer," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3242, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2003.
"Measuring pro-poor growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Florencia Lopez Boo, 2006. "Changes in poverty and the stability of income distribution in Argentina: evidence from the 1990s via decompositions," Working Papers 33, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Kolenikov, Stanislav & Shorrocks, Anthony, 2003.
"A Decomposition Analysis of Regional Poverty in Russia,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Stanislav Kolenikov & Anthony Shorrocks, 2005. "A Decomposition Analysis of Regional Poverty in Russia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 25-46, 02.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Hyun Son, 2003. "A New Poverty Decomposition," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 181-187, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2010-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.