Has the world converged? A robust analysis of non-monetary bounded indicators
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Moyes, Patrick, 1987. "A new concept of Lorenz domination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 203-207.
- Lasso de la Vega, Casilda & Aristondo, Oihana, 2012.
"Proposing indicators to measure achievement and shortfall inequality consistently,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 578-583.
- Casilda Lasso de la Vega & Oihana Aristondo, 2010. "Proposing indicators to measure achievement and shortfall inequality consistently," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 12010, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Shatakshee Dhongde & Jacques Silber, 2016.
"On distributional change, pro-poor growth and convergence,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(3), pages 249-267, September.
- Shatakshee Dhongde & Jacques Silber, 2015. "On Distributional change, Pro-poor growth and Convergence," Working Papers 377, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2003. "Economic Growth, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262025531, November.
- Anthony Shorrocks & Daniel Slottje, 2002.
"Approximating unanimity orderings: An application to Lorenz dominance,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 91-117, December.
- Anthony Shorrocks & Daniel Slottje, 2002. "Approximating unanimity orderings: An application to Lorenz dominance," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 91-117, December.
- James Foster & Suman Seth & Michael Lokshin & Zurab Sajaia, 2013. "A Unified Approach to Measuring Poverty and Inequality--Theory and Practice : Streamlined Analysis with ADePT Software," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13731, 05-2018.
- Dowrick, Steve & Dunlop, Yvonne & Quiggin, John, 2003. "Social indicators and comparisons of living standards," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 501-529, April.
- Suman Seth and Sabina Alkire, 2014. "Did Poverty Reduction Reach the Poorest of the Poor? Assessment Methods in the Counting Approach," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp077, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Nissanov, Zoya & Silber, Jacques, 2009. "On pro-poor growth and the measurement of convergence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 270-272, December.
- Jacques Silber, 2015. "On inequality in health and pro-poor development: the case of Southeast Asia," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(1), pages 34-53, January.
- Micklewright, John & Stewart, Kitty, 1999. "Is the Well-Being of Children Converging in the European Union?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(459), pages 692-714, November.
- Grosse, Melanie & Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan, 2008. "Measuring Pro-Poor Growth in Non-Income Dimensions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1021-1047, June.
- Nazrul Islam, 2003. "What have We Learnt from the Convergence Debate?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 309-362, July.
- Klasen, Stephan, 2008.
"Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction: Measurement Issues using Income and Non-Income Indicators,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 420-445, March.
- Stephan Klasen, 2006. "Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction: Measurement Issues using Income and Non-Income Indicators," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 142, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Richard A. Easterlin, 2000. "The Worldwide Standard of Living since 1800," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 7-26, Winter.
- Dani Rodrik, 2013. "Unconditional Convergence in Manufacturing," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 128(1), pages 165-204.
- Allison, R. Andrew & Foster, James E., 2004. "Measuring health inequality using qualitative data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 505-524, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:metron:v:75:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40300-017-0117-z is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAbsolute convergence; non-monetary development indicators; absolute Lorenz curve; egalitarian progress; bounded indicators; consistent inequality indices.;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-21 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2016-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecineea.html .