Assessing the impact of the ECB's monetary policy on the stock markets: A sectoral view
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Alberto Montagnoli & Boriss Siliverstovs & Oreste Napolitano, 2008. "Assessing the Impact of the ECB's Monetary Policy on the Stock Markets: A Sectoral View," KOF Working papers 08-213, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Konstantin Kholodilin & Alberto Montagnoli & Oreste Napolitano & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2008. "Assessing the Impact of the ECB's Monetary Policy on the Stock Markets: A Sectoral View," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 814, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rigobon, Roberto & Sack, Brian, 2004.
"The impact of monetary policy on asset prices,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1553-1575, November.
- Roberto Rigobon & Brian P. Sack, 2002. "The Impact of Monetary Policy on Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 8794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Rigobon & Brian P. Sack, 2002. "The impact of monetary policy on asset prices," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-4, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ehrmann, Michael & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2004. "Taking stock: monetary policy transmission to equity markets," Working Paper Series 354, European Central Bank.
- Patelis, Alex D, 1997. " Stock Return Predictability and the Role of Monetary Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1951-1972, December.
- Conover, C. Mitchell & Jensen, Gerald R. & Johnson, Robert R., 1999. "Monetary environments and international stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1357-1381, September.
- Roberto Rigobon, 2003. "Identification Through Heteroskedasticity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 777-792, November.
- Bomfim, Antulio N., 2003. "Pre-announcement effects, news effects, and volatility: Monetary policy and the stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 133-151, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sensoy, Ahmet & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2016. "Dynamic efficiency of stock markets and exchange rates," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 353-371.
- Murat Duran & Pinar Ozlu & Deren Unalmis, 2010. "TCMB Faiz Kararlarinin Hisse Senedi Piyasalari Uzerine Etkisi," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 10(2), pages 23-32.
- Duran, Murat & Özcan, Gülserim & Özlü, Pınar & Ünalmış, Deren, 2012. "Measuring the impact of monetary policy on asset prices in Turkey," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 29-31.
- Haitsma, Reinder & Unalmis, Deren & de Haan, Jakob, 2016.
"The impact of the ECB's conventional and unconventional monetary policies on stock markets,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 101-116.
- Reinder Haitsma & Deren Unalmis & Jakob de Haan, 2015. "The impact of the ECB's conventional and unconventional monetary policies on stock markets," DNB Working Papers 483, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Reinder Haitsma & Deren Unalmis & Jakob de Haan, 2016. "The Impact of the ECB’s Conventional and Unconventional Monetary Policies on Stock Markets," Working Papers 1605, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Küçükkocaoğlu, Güray & Ünalmış, Deren & Ünalmış, İbrahim, 2013.
"How do banks' stock returns respond to monetary policy committee announcements in Turkey? Evidence from traditional versus new monetary policy episodes,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 536-545.
- Guray Kucukkocaoglu & Deren Unalmis & Ibrahim Unalmis, 2013. "How do Banks’ Stock Returns Respond to Monetary Policy Committee Announcements in Turkey? Evidence from Traditional versus New Monetary Policy Episodes," Working Papers 1330, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Muhammad Ali Nasir & Alaa M. Soliman, 2014. "Aspects of Macroeconomic Policy Combinations and Their Effects on Financial Markets," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 19(1), pages 95-118, March.
- Wang, Shen & Mayes, David G., 2012. "Monetary policy announcements and stock reactions: An international comparison," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 145-164.
- Challe, Edouard & Giannitsarou, Chryssi, 2014.
"Stock prices and monetary policy shocks: A general equilibrium approach,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 46-66.
- Challe, E. & Giannitsarou, C., 2011. "Stock Prices and Monetary Policy Shocks: A General Equilibrium Approach," Working papers 330, Banque de France.
- Edouard Challe & Chryssi Giannitsarou, 2012. "Stock Prices And Monetary Policy Shocks: A General Equilibrium Approach," Working Papers hal-00719956, HAL.
- Challe, Edouard & Giannitsarou, Chryssi, 2011. "Stock Prices and Monetary Policy Shocks: A General Equilibrium Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 8387, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nave, Juan M. & Ruiz, Javier, 2015. "Risk aversion and monetary policy in a global context," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 14-35.
- Bernd Hayo & Britta Niehof, 2011. "Identification Through Heteroscedasticity in a Multicountry and Multimarket Framework," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201124, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Tang, Yong & Luo, Yong & Xiong, Jie & Zhao, Fei & Zhang, Yi-Cheng, 2013. "Impact of monetary policy changes on the Chinese monetary and stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(19), pages 4435-4449.
- Chatziantoniou, Ioannis & Duffy, David & Filis, George, 2013. "Stock market response to monetary and fiscal policy shocks: Multi-country evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 754-769.
- Unalmis, Deren & Unalmis, Ibrahim, 2015. "The Effects of Conventional and Unconventional Monetary Policy Surprises on Asset Markets in the United States," MPRA Paper 62585, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Murat Duran & Gulserim Ozcan & Pinar Ozlu & Deren Unalmis, 2010. "Measuring the Impact of Monetary Policy on Asset Prices in Turkey (Turkiye’de Para Politikasinin Finansal Varlik Fiyatlari Uzerine Etkisi)," Working Papers 1017, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Prabu A, Edwin & Bhattacharyya, Indranil & Ray, Partha, 2016. "Is the stock market impervious to monetary policy announcements: Evidence from emerging India," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 166-179.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy Stock markets ECB;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E47 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:105:y:2009:i:3:p:211-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.