An alternative functional form for estimating the Lorenz curve
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chotikapanich, Duangkamon & Griffiths, William E. & Rao, D. S. Prasada, 2007.
"Estimating and Combining National Income Distributions Using Limited Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 97-109, January.
- D.S. Prasada Rao & Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William E. Griffiths, 2004. "Estimating and Combining National Income Distributions using Limited Data," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 213, Econometric Society.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William E. Griffiths & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2005. "Estimating and Combining National Income Distributions using Limited Data," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 926, The University of Melbourne.
- Sarabia, J. -M. & Castillo, Enrique & Slottje, Daniel J., 1999. "An ordered family of Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 43-60, July.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L & Glauberman, Marcia, 1976. "The Interpolation of the Lorenz Curve and Gini Index from Grouped Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 479-483, May.
- Kakwani, N C & Podder, N, 1973. "On the Estimation of Lorenz Curves from Grouped Observations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 278-292, June.
- Ortega, P, et al, 1991. "A New Functional Form for Estimating Lorenz Curves," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(4), pages 447-452, December.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1984. "Functional Form for Estimating the Lorenz Curve," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1313-1314, September.
- Rasche, R H, et al, 1980. "Functional Forms for Estimating the Lorenz Curve: Comment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 1061-1062, May.
- Lerman, Robert I. & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1989. "Improving the accuracy of estimates of Gini coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 43-47, September.
- Kakwani, Nanak C & Podder, N, 1976. "Efficient Estimation of the Lorenz Curve and Associated Inequality Measures from Grouped Observations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 137-148, January.
- Chotikapanich, Duangkamon, 1993. "A comparison of alternative functional forms for the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 129-138.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Enora Belz, 2019. "Estimating Inequality Measures from Quantile Data," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 2019-09, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Khosravi Tanak, A. & Mohtashami Borzadaran, G.R. & Ahmadi, Jafar, 2018. "New functional forms of Lorenz curves by maximizing Tsallis entropy of income share function under the constraint on generalized Gini index," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 511(C), pages 280-288.
- Wang, ZuXiang & Smyth, Russell, 2015.
"A piecewise method for estimating the Lorenz curve,"
Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 45-48.
- ZuXiang Wang & Russell Smyth, 2015. "A Pricewise Method for Estimating the Lorenz Curve," Monash Economics Working Papers 05-15, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Enora Belz, 2019. "Estimating Inequality Measures from Quantile Data," Working Papers halshs-02320110, HAL.
- Helene, Otaviano, 2010. "Fitting Lorenz curves," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 153-155, August.
- Miguel Sordo & Jorge Navarro & José Sarabia, 2014. "Distorted Lorenz curves: models and comparisons," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 42(4), pages 761-780, April.
- Melanie Krause & Liang Frank Shao, 2018. "Rising Mean Incomes for Whom?," LIS Working papers 753, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Piet, Laurent, 2017. "Concentration of the agricultural production in the EU: the two sides of a coin," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 261439, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino & Jordá, Vanesa, 2015. "About the hyperbolic Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 42-45.
- Kopp, Thomas & Dorn, Franziska, 2018. "Social equity and ecological sustainability: Can the two be achieved together?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 357, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Melanie Krause, 2014.
"Parametric Lorenz Curves and the Modality of the Income Density Function,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(4), pages 905-929, December.
- Krause, Melanie, 2012. "Parametric Lorenz Curves and the Modality of the Income Density Function," Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century 67390, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Wang, ZuXiang & Smyth, Russell, 2015. "A hybrid method for creating Lorenz curves," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 59-63.
- Sarabia, José María & Prieto, Faustino & Sarabia, María, 2010. "Revisiting a functional form for the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 249-252, May.
- Wang, Yuanjun & You, Shibing, 2016. "An alternative method for modeling the size distribution of top wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 457(C), pages 443-453.
- Wang, Zheng-Xin & Zhang, Hai-Lun & Zheng, Hong-Hao, 2019. "Estimation of Lorenz curves based on dummy variable regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 69-75.
- repec:wly:japmet:v:33:y:2018:i:3:p:473-478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew C. Chang & Phillip Li & Shawn M. Martin, 2018.
"Comparing cross‐country estimates of Lorenz curves using a Dirichlet distribution across estimators and datasets,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(3), pages 473-478, April.
- Andrew C. Chang & Phillip Li & Shawn M. Martin, 2017. "Comparing Cross-Country Estimates of Lorenz Curves Using a Dirichlet Distribution Across Estimators and Datasets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-062, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
More about this item
KeywordsGini coefficient Lorenz curve Parametric form;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:105:y:2009:i:1:p:61-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.