Functional Form for Estimating the Lorenz Curve
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sarabia, J. -M. & Castillo, Enrique & Slottje, Daniel J., 1999. "An ordered family of Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 43-60, July.
- Kwang Soo Cheong, 1999. "A Comparison of Alternative Functional Forms For Parametric Estimation of the Lorenz Curve," Working Papers 199902, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Sarabia Alegría, J.M & Pascual Sáez, Marta, 2001. "Rankings de distribuciones de renta basados en curvas de Lorenz ordenadas: un estudio empírico1," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 19, pages 151-169, Diciembre.
- Nicholas Rohde, 2008. "An alternative functional form for estimating the lorenz curve," Discussion Papers Series 384, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Rohde, Nicholas, 2009. "An alternative functional form for estimating the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 61-63, October.
- Gholamreza Hajargasht & William E. Griffiths, 2016. "Inference for Lorenz Curves," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 2022, The University of Melbourne.
- Sarabia, José María & Castillo, Enrique & Pascual, Marta & Sarabia, María, 2005. "Mixture Lorenz curves," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 89-94, October.
- WANG, Zuxiang & SMYTH, Russell & NG, Yew-Kwang, 2009. "A new ordered family of Lorenz curves with an application to measuring income inequality and poverty in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 218-235, June.
- Miguel Sordo & Jorge Navarro & José Sarabia, 2014. "Distorted Lorenz curves: models and comparisons," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 42(4), pages 761-780, April.
- ZuXiang Wang & Yew-Kwang Ng & Russell Smyth, 2007. "Revisiting The Ordered Family Of Lorenz Curves," Monash Economics Working Papers 19-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Lois Fonseca & Jeff Tayman, 1989. "Postcensal estimates of household income distributions," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 26(1), pages 149-159, February.
- Wang, Yuanjun & You, Shibing, 2016. "An alternative method for modeling the size distribution of top wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 457(C), pages 443-453.
- Herrerías Pleguezuelo, R. & García Fernández, R. Mª, 2001. "Un análisis de la desigualdad de la renta entre las provincias andaluzas, a partir de los datos de la E.B.P.F. y de renta corregidos (1990-91), utilizando estimaciones de combinaciones lineales convex," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 19, pages 21-36, Diciembre.
- Paul D. Thistle & John P. Formby, 1988. "On One Parameter Functional Forms for Lorenz Curves," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 14(1), pages 81-85, Jan-Mar.
- Sarabia, José María & Gómez-Déniz, Emilio & Sarabia, María & Prieto, Faustino, 2010. "A general method for generating parametric Lorenz and Leimkuhler curves," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 524-539.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:52:y:1984:i:5:p:1313-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.