Revisiting the link between minimum wage and wage inequality: Empirical evidence from New Zealand
This paper revisits the contentious link between the level of the minimum wage and wage inequality. This is done utilizing the differential rates of minimum wage increase experienced by two age groups (youth and adults) in New Zealand, over the period 1997 to 2007.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meyer, Robert H & Wise, David A, 1983.
"The Effects of the Minimum Wage on the Employment and Earnings of Youth,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 66-100, January.
- Robert H. Meyer & David A. Wise, 1982. "The Effects of the Minimum Wage on the Employment and Earnings of Youth," NBER Working Papers 0849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & John E. DiNardo, 2002.
"Skill Biased Technological Change and Rising Wage Inequality: Some Problems and Puzzles,"
NBER Working Papers
8769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & John E. DiNardo, 2002. "Skill-Biased Technological Change and Rising Wage Inequality: Some Problems and Puzzles," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(4), pages 733-783, October.
- Philippe Van Kerm, 2003.
"Adaptive kernel density estimation,"
United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003
15, Stata Users Group.
- David S. Lee, 1999. "WAGE INEQUALITY IN THE UNITED STATES DURING THE 1980s: RISING DISPERSION OR FALLING MINIMUM WAGE?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(3), pages 977-1023, August.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Melissa S. Kearney, 2008. "Trends in U.S. Wage Inequality: Revising the Revisionists," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 300-323, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:105:y:2009:i:3:p:336-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.