Third-degree price discrimination, quality choice, and welfare
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malueg, David A. & Schwartz, Marius, 1994.
"Parallel imports, demand dispersion, and international price discrimination,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3-4), pages 167-195, November.
- Malueg, D.A. & Schwartz, M., 1993. "Parallel Imports, Demand Dispersion and International Price Discrimination," Papers 93-6, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- Kenneth S. Corts, 1998. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination in Oligopoly: All-Out Competition and Strategic Commitment," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(2), pages 306-323, Summer.
- Schwartz, Marius, 1990. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination and Output: Generalizing a Welfare Result," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1259-1262, December.
- Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Vives, Xavier, 1988.
"On the Strategic Choice of Spatial Price Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 122-137, March.
- Thisse, J.-F. & Vives, X., 1987. "On the strategic choice of spatial price policy," CORE Discussion Papers 1987008, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- THISSE, Jacques-François & VIVES, Xavier, 1988. "On the strategic choice of spatial price policy," CORE Discussion Papers RP 793, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Varian, Hal R, 1985. "Price Discrimination and Social Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 870-875, September.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Liu, Qihong & Serfes, Konstantinos, 2005. "Imperfect price discrimination in a vertical differentiation model," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 341-354, June.
- Takeshi Ikeda & Tatsuhiko Nariu, 2009. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination in the Presence of Asymmetric Consumption Externalities," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 251-261, September.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1981.
"Output and Welfare Implications of Monopolistic Third-Degree Price Discrimination,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 242-247, March.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Output and welfare implications of monopolistic third-degree price discrimination," Working papers 1095-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:8:p:1531-1546 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nguyen, Xuan, 2014. "Monopolistic third-degree price discrimination under vertical product differentiation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 153-155.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:120:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00712-016-0508-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takanori Adachi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2014.
"The Welfare Effects Of Third-Degree Price Discrimination In A Differentiated Oligopoly,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(3), pages 1231-1244, July.
- Takanori Adachi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2011. "The Welfare Effects of Third-Degree Price Discrimination in a Differentiated Oligopoly," ISER Discussion Paper 0800, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Takanori Adachi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2011. "The Welfare Effects of Third-Degree PriceDiscrimination in a Differentiated Oligopoly," KIER Working Papers 800, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:1:p:339-351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ann Marsden & Hugh Sibly, 2011. "An Integrated Approach to Teaching Price Discrimination," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 10(2), pages 75-90.
- Tsuyoshi Toshimitsu, 2014. "Economic Integration, Quality Choice, and Monopoly," Discussion Paper Series 118, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised May 2014.
- repec:bpj:bejtec:v:18:y:2018:i:1:p:6:n:11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco Galera & JosÃ© Luis Ã lvarez & Juan Carlos Molero, 2012. "Technology Choice and Third Degree Price Discrimination in a Monopoly," Faculty Working Papers 15/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Francisco Galera & Pedro Mendi & Juan Carlos Molero, 2017.
"Quality Differences, Third-Degree Price Discrimination, And Welfare,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(1), pages 339-351, January.
- Franciso Galera & Pedro Mendi & Juan Carlos Molero, 2015. "Quality differences, third-degree price discrimination, and welfare," Faculty Working Papers 03/15, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
More about this item
KeywordsThird-degree price discrimination Endogenous quality choice Vertically differentiated products Monopoly;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:106:y:2010:i:1:p:54-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.