Output and welfare implications of monopolistic third-degree price discrimination
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1981. "Output and Welfare Implications of Monopolistic Third-Degree Price Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 242-247, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yamey, Basil, 1974. "Monopolistic Price Discrimination and Economic Welfare," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 377-380, October.
- Baumol, William J & Bradford, David F, 1970. "Optimal Departures from Marginal Cost Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 265-283, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Teresa Sanchez-Martinez & Noelina Rodriguez-Ferrero, 2017. "Ramsey Pricing for Cost Recovery Applied to Reservoir Infrastructure in Andalucía (Spain)," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(04), pages 1-20, October.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2005:i:8:p:1-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thijs ten Raa, 2009. "Monopoly, Pareto and Ramsey Mark-ups," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 57-63, March.
- Kopsakangas-Savolainen, Maria, 2004. "The welfare effects of different pricing schemes for electricity distribution in Finland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1429-1435, August.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2015.
"In Praise of Frank Ramsey's Contribution to the Theory of Taxation,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(583), pages 235-268, March.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2014. "In Praise of Frank Ramsey's Contribution to the Theory of Taxation," NBER Working Papers 20530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- van Egteren, Henry, 1996. "Regulating an externality-generating public utility: A multi-dimensional screening approach," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1773-1797, December.
- Schuck, Eric C. & Green, Gareth P., 2002. "Supply-based water pricing in a conjunctive use system: implications for resource and energy use," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 175-192, June.
- Andr'es Ram'irez-Hassan & Alejandro L'opez-Vera, 2021. "Semi-parametric estimation of the EASI model: Welfare implications of taxes identifying clusters due to unobserved preference heterogeneity," Papers 2109.07646, arXiv.org.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2018.
"Pareto efficient taxation and expenditures: Pre- and re-distribution,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 101-119.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2017. "Pareto Efficient Taxation and Expenditures: Pre- and Re-distribution," NBER Working Papers 23892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brennan, Timothy J., 2000.
"The Economics of Competition Policy: Recent Developments and Cautionary Notes in Antitrust and Regulation,"
10716, Resources for the Future.
- Brennan, Timothy, 2000. "The Economics of Competition Policy: Recent Developments and Cautionary Notes in Antitrust and Regulation," Discussion Papers dp-00-07, Resources For the Future.
- Ming Chang, 1996. "Ramsey pricing in a hierarchical structure with an application to network-access pricing," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 64(3), pages 281-314, October.
- Sajal Lahiri & Anjum Nasim, 2005. "Commercial Policy Reform in Pakistan: Opening up the Economy under Revenue Constraints," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 12(6), pages 723-739, November.
- Beria, Paolo & Grimaldi, Raffaele, 2010. "Unconventional factors of efficiency in public transport. A case study and theory," MPRA Paper 29234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schröder Guido, 2006. "Preise auf Grenzkostenniveau – optimal, aber unmöglich? / Prices at Marginal Cost Level – Optimal, but Impossible?: Angebotsseitige Subadditivität und nachfrageseitige Nicht-Rivalität als die zwei Sei," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 57(1), pages 209-240, January.
- Leopold Sgner, "undated". "Regulation vs. Competition in Telecommunications," Computing in Economics and Finance 1996 _053, Society for Computational Economics.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Eric L. Keuffel, 2014. "Regulation of the Pharmaceutical-Biotechnology Industry," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?, pages 407-484, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth D. Boyer, 2016. "Three Principles for Optimal Pricing of Trackage Rights," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 49(2), pages 347-369, September.
- Olsen, Ole Jess & Munksgaard, Jesper, 1998. "Cogeneration and taxation in a liberalized Nordic power market," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 23-33, March.
- Barbara Praetorius, 1996. "Nachfrageseitiges Marktversagen auf dem Energiemarkt: Empirische Evidenz, theoretische Aspekte, politische Folgerungen," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 65(2), pages 143-155.
- Robert W. Crandall, 1991. "LIBERALIZATION WITHOUT DEREGULATION: U.S. TELECOMMUNICATIONS POLICY DURING THE 1980s," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 9(4), pages 70-81, October.
- DAUBANES, Julien & LASSERRE, Pierre, 2011.
"Optimum Commodity Taxation with a Non-Renewable Resource,"
Cahiers de recherche
03-2011, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Julien DAUBANES & Pierre LASSERRE, 2015. "Optimum Commodity Taxation with a Non-Renewable Resource," Cahiers de recherche 03-2015, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Julien Daubanes & Pierre Lasserre, 2012. "Optimum Commodity Taxation with a Non-Renewable Resource," CIRANO Working Papers 2012s-04, CIRANO.
- Julien Daubanes & Pierre Lasserre, 2011. "Optimum Commodity Taxation with a Non-Renewable Resource," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-05, CIRANO.
- Julien Daubanes & Pierre Lasserre, 2011. "Optimum Commodity Taxation with a Non-Renewable Resource," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 11/151, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Julien Daubanes & Pierre Lasserre, 2015. "Optimum Commodity Taxation with a Non-Renewable Resource," CESifo Working Paper Series 5270, CESifo.
More about this item
KeywordsHD28 .M414 no.1095-; 80; Price discrimination;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mit:sloanp:1956. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ssmitus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christian Zimmermann (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ssmitus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.