Regulating an externality-generating public utility: A multi-dimensional screening approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David P. Baron, 1985. "Noncooperative Regulation of a Nonlocalized Externality," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(4), pages 553-568, Winter.
- Tracy R. Lewis & David E.M. Sappington, 1988.
"Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Demand and Cost Functions,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 438-457.
- Lewis, Tracy R. & Sappington, David E.M., 1987. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Demand and Cost Functions," Working Papers 225924, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Coogins Jay S. & Smith Vincent H., 1993. "Some Welfare Effects of Emission Allowance Trading in a Twice-Regulated Industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 275-297, November.
- Baron, David P & Myerson, Roger B, 1982. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 911-930, July.
- Roberts, Kevin W S, 1979. "Welfare Considerations of Nonlinear Pricing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(353), pages 66-83, March.
- Loeb, Martin & Magat, Wesley A, 1979. "A Decentralized Method for Utility Regulation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 399-404, October.
- Weymark, John A., 1986. "A reduced-form optimal nonlinear income tax problem," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 199-217, July.
- Hahn, Robert W., 1989. "A new approach to the design of regulation in the presence of multiple objectives," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 195-211, September.
- Burrows, Paul, 1981. "Controlling the monopolistic polluter: Nihilism or eclecticism?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 372-380, December.
- McGartland, Albert M. & Oates, Wallace E., 1985. "Marketable permits for the prevention of environmental deterioration," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 207-228, September.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, November.
- Roberts, Marc J. & Spence, Michael, 1976. "Effluent charges and licenses under uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3-4), pages 193-208.
- Lave, Lester B, 1984. "Controlling Contradictions among Regulations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 471-475, June.
- Baumol, William J & Bradford, David F, 1970. "Optimal Departures from Marginal Cost Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 265-283, June.
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1988. "Multidimensional incentive compatibility and mechanism design," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 335-354, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prieger, James E. & Sanders, Nicholas J., 2012.
"Verifiable and non-verifiable anonymous mechanisms for regulating a polluting monopolist,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 410-426.
- James E. Prieger & Nicholas J. Sanders, 2011. "Verifiable and Non-Verifiable Anonymous Mechanisms for Regulating a Polluting Monopolist," Discussion Papers 10-034, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Garcia, Diego, 2005. "Monotonicity in direct revelation mechanisms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 21-26, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:40:y:1996:i:9:p:1773-1797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .