Seasonal poverty in Madagascar: magnitude and solutions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Benoit Dostie & Steven Haggblade & Josée Randriamamonjy, 2002. "Seasonal Poverty in Madagascar: Magnitude and Solutions," Cahiers de recherche 02-09, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, Martin, 1991. "Reaching the Rural Poor through Public Employment: Arguments, Evidence, and Lessons from South Asia," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 6(2), pages 153-175, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Oehmke, James F & Crawford, Eric W, 1996. "The Impact of Agricultural Technology in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 5(2), pages 271-292, June.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1997. "Food marketing liberalization and trader entry: Evidence from Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 763-777, May.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes, 1994.
"Sustaining growth in agriculture: a quantitative review of agricultural research investments,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(2), April.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes, 1994. "Sustaining growth in agriculture: A quantitative review of agricultural research investments," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 107-123, April.
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Haggblade, Steven, 1997. "Shifting sands: The changing case for monetizing project food aid in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 2093-2104, December.
- C. Peter Timmer, 1997. "POLICY ARENA Building efficiency in agricultural marketing: The long-run role of BULOG in the Indonesian food economy," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 133-145.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1997. "Liberalization and food price distributions: ARCH-M evidence from Madagascar," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 155-173, April.
- Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W., 1999. "World food prospects," Food policy reports 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Berg, Elliot, 1989. "The liberalization of rice marketing in Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 719-728, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrieu, Nadine & Descheemaeker, Katrien & Sanou, Thierry & Chia, Eduardo, 2015. "Effects of technical interventions on flexibility of farming systems in Burkina Faso: Lessons for the design of innovations in West Africa," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 125-137.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 2012. "Seasonality of income and poverty in Bangladesh," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 244-256.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014.
"Underinvestment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82, pages 1671-1748, September.
- Bryan, Gharad & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Mobarak Mushfiq, Ahmed, 2014. "Underinvestment in a profitable technology: the case of seasonal migration in Bangladesh," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60152, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014. "Under-investment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh," NBER Working Papers 20172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:154:y:2017:i:c:p:13-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & A. Mushfiq Mobarak, 2011. "Seasonal Migration and Risk Aversion," Working Papers id:4650, eSocialSciences.
- Gilbert, Christopher L. & Christiaensen, Luc & Kaminski, Jonathan, 2017. "Food price seasonality in Africa: Measurement and extent," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 119-132.
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Deotti, Laura & Sassi, Maria, 2016. "Sources of food price volatility and child malnutrition in Niger and Malawi," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 20-30.
- Bosch, Christine & Zeller, Manfred, 0. "The Impacts of Wage Employment on a Jatropha Plantation on Income and Food Security of Rural Households in Madagascar â€“ A Panel Data Analysis," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 52.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Laura Deotti & Maria Sassi, 2012.
"Food Price Volatility over the Last Decade in Niger and Malawi: Extent, Sources and Impact on Child Malnutrition,"
Working Papers - Economics
wp2012_04.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia & Laura Deotti & Maria Sassi, 2012. "Food Price Volatility over the Last Decade in Niger and Malawi: Extent, Sources and Impact on Child Malnutrition," UNDP Africa Policy Notes 2012-002, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Kehar Singh & Madan M. Dey & Prasanna Surathkal, 2014. "Seasonal and Spatial Variations in Demand for and Elasticities of Fish Products in the United States: An Analysis Based on Market-Level Scanner Data," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 62(3), pages 343-363, September.
- Ugur Ciplak & Eray M. Yucel, 2004. "Trade Protection Measures, Agricultural and Food Prices," Working Papers 0401, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum & Worku, Ibrahim, 2015. "Seasonality and household diets in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 74, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Noromiarilanto, Fanambinantsoa & Brinkmann, Katja & Faramalala, Miadana H. & Buerkert, Andreas, 2016. "Assessment of food self-sufficiency in smallholder farming systems of south-western Madagascar using survey and remote sensing data," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 139-149.
- Sandrine Michel & Holimalala Randriamanampisoa, 2017. "The capability approach as a framework for assessing the role of microcredit in resource conversion: the case of rural households in the Madagascar highlands," Post-Print hal-01681797, HAL.
- Stifel, David C. & Randrianarisoa, Jean-Claude, 2006. "Agricultural policy in Madagascar: A seasonal multi-market model," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 1023-1027, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:27:y:2002:i:5-6:p:493-518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .